[adventure]:The Search for Vlastoes (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

Someone

Adventurer
GM: Well played Someone. ;) I'll give you that only because you are surrounded by three foes and one evil orb :)...thus, damage negated. Prime is still has the ongoing and vulnerable effects.

OOC: Don't pull your punches. I was going to use a damage reduction ability to take just 3 real damage, and the rest of the enemies need to roll a 19 or a 20 to hit Prime

dimsdale

First Post
[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION]@, you forgot ongoing damage for the orb? Or added damage and forgot saving throw? Also, since I'm not beside but on top, I didn't spend ki focus daily as I described earlier, right?

GM: Thanks for pointing that out. I'll make the correction. As for the Ki focus, I thought that you made that attack while on top of the orb. From reading the post, Drew shifted off the orb then attacked with the ki focus. I'm going to say that the power is spent. But, Drew can choose where he made the attack, 1) either he made the attack and missed from being adjacent to the orb or 2) he missed the attack from being on top of the orb. Your choice

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: Don't pull your punches. I was going to use a damage reduction ability to take just 3 real damage, and the rest of the enemies need to roll a 19 or a 20 to hit Prime

GM: So, are you saying the attack on Prime stands? If so, Prime can use his power to negate the damage to just take 3. Recon Prime's post to reflect that and I change the enemy post. I wasn't going to punish Prime for a DM mistake (not using a move action to have it hover, negating the -2 to attack).

Someone

Adventurer
GM: So, are you saying the attack on Prime stands? If so, Prime can use his power to negate the damage to just take 3. Recon Prime's post to reflect that and I change the enemy post. I wasn't going to punish Prime for a DM mistake (not using a move action to have it hover, negating the -2 to attack).

OOC: Depends. If you used the move action to anything else than standing from prone (whatever that means for a floating undead beholder) then the orb is prone and the ray missed; you said in the post that it moved to current position in the map (post says "movement: see map"). If instead you just forgot to use the orb's move action, then I don't mind if you correct that mistake.

I'm just encouraging you to play the bad guys to the fullest and be as fair to the enemies as you're to our characters. Hard earned victories are sweeter

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: Depends. If you used the move action to anything else than standing from prone (whatever that means for a floating undead beholder) then the orb is prone and the ray missed; you said in the post that it moved to current position in the map (post says "movement: see map"). If instead you just forgot to use the orb's move action, then I don't mind if you correct that mistake.

I'm just encouraging you to play the bad guys to the fullest and be as fair to the enemies as you're to our characters. Hard earned victories are sweeter

GM: I agree with you that the hard earned victories are sweater. The death orb moved to it's location prior to Drew's attack. The movement in the last post was an error. I forgot to delete it form the post that I copied from. So, the death orb uses it's movement to hover from being prone (thus no -2 to attack). Prime takes the damage. I'll change the last enemy post to reflect that.

[sblock=dimsdale]I wrote this:
there may be few things not covered by the rules, feel free to change the details (such as my last shift and attack - if there is no shift, last attack doesn't happen)...

but no problem, the attack misses even with CA

What about ongoing 8 and saving throw?[/sblock]

Drew tries another move, but chooses wrong one which require him to stand on firm ground or at least have good leverage. Rotating, levitating orb is neither and he is thrown off by rotation

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Drunken Monkey vs Will (Orb); damage (1d20+11+2=22, 1d8+7+1=15)

AthleticsAthletics (1d20+10=11)
Minor: stand up
Move: to be decided
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
GM:
[MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION] Orb has AC 25. Forgot to put that in the enemy stats. Fighter stats are included there as well.
[MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] I tried to make the changes last night but my internet stopped working. Damage totals for the death orb have been changed, including the ongoing damage. Death orb fail saving throw :(

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: I'm more or less out of healing now, sooooo, be careful ;)

Fo-so-rah! The dragon yells, flying over and with a splat lands on the death orb.

[sblock=Draconic]
Abberation creature shall fall under my might!
[/sblock]

Hey, a beholder pancake! Sharpe laughs. Maybe I can stab it with my sw- oops. He says stabbing himself in the leg.

Ha! It did not hurt a bit! he says pulling it out.

And you too can not be damaged by attacks with Inspiring Fortitude! he says to the surrounding area. Only 1900 gold per use, order now!
[sblock=actions]
Move:Land of Death Orb.

Minor: Majestic Word on Drew, Drew gains surge+5+3 hp, and slides 1 square as a free action [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]

Standard:Inspiring Fortitude burst 5, Sharpe spends his second wind and the Dragon, Drew, Prime, Skeleton, Kazmotz and Wiggins gain 14 THP.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Moment of Escape used]
Moment of Escape. (Encounter Move Ranged 10; Arcane)
Target:
One ally
Effect: Sharpe slides the target 4 squares.[/sblock]
[sblock=Sharpe]
Sharpe Wellington- Male Half-Elf Bard 6
Init: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 16
AC 21 Fortitude 17 Reflex 15 Will 19, Spd: 5
HP 61/61
Bloodied 30 Surge Value 15; Surges Per-Day 11/11
AP: 1, Milestones:0

Basic Attacks:
Basic Attack +8 vs AC, Longsword, 1d8+2 damage
Ranged Basic Attack N/A

Powers:
Staggering Note, Guiding Strike, Martyr's Saddle
Majestic Word X0, Shout of Triumph, Knack for Success, Words of Friendship, Thunder's Calling, Second Wind, Shield of Devotion, Moment of Escape, Noxious Breath (Dragon), Revitalizing Incantation, Unluck
Stirring Shout, Inspiring Fortitude (AKA Invigorating Presence), Song of Discord, Come and Become Sharpe's Pet! (Ring of Dragon's power 1 ), Dragon I Choose You! (Ring of Dragon's power 2 ), Armor of the Exalted +1

Misc: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Conditions:
Nil

Note:

Virtue of Valor: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Priority:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Malifixindalaunt The White Dragon]
Malifixindalaunt (Veserab) Level 6 Lurker
Large shadow beast (mount)
HP 14+60/60; Bloodied 30 Surge 1/1
AC 21; Fortitude 21; Reflex 18; Will 18
Speed 4, fly 8 (clumsy)
Immune noxious breath
Initiative +11
Perception +11
Blindsight 20

Traits:
Combat Advantage
Malifixindalaunt deals an extra 1d6 damage on melee attacks against any target it has combat advantage against.

Standard Actions
:bmelee: Bite • At-Will
Attack: +11 vs. AC
Hit: 2d6 + 5 damage.

:bmelee: Wing Claw • At-Will
Attack: +11 vs. AC
Hit: 1d6 + 5 damage.

:close: Noxious Breath (poison, zone) • Encounter
Attack: Close blast 4; +9 vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d6 + 3 poison damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of the
Malifixindalaunt's next turn. This power creates a zone of black, noxious fumes that remains in place until the end of the encounter. This zone blocks line of sight, and a creature that enters or ends its turn in the zone takes 5 poison damage. Malifixindalaunt is immune to this power's effects.

:melee:Diving Wing Rake • Standard, At-Will
Effect:
Malifixindalaunt makes a charge attack, making two wing claw attacks. After attacking, Malifixindalaunt moves up to 1 square and moves in an unoccupied square.

Skills Stealth +12
Str 20 (+8) Dex 18 (+7) Wis 17 (+6)
Con 17 (+6) Int 2 (–1) Cha 4 (+0)
Alignment Evil Languages —

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Vermitrax is dragged backwards, but does manage to stay standing, using his staff as leverage. He commands the gigantic hand to attack again. Once again the hand fails to grab its target.

OOC: Dammit!

Remove ads