• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I believe the room is a big hole basically with a passageway at the bottom.[/sblock]

Rurdev throws the piece of fur into the muck. "R-Rats." The shifter pulls a length of rope from his pack. "I c-c-can lower everybody d-d-own s-s-so we c-c-can continue on."

[sblock=ooc]How easy would it be to climb up the sides of the shaft? If not, is there a place to tie off a rope besides the pipes(does it look like they could hold one persons weight?)[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
Lets carry on then. Filthy vermin, I can't believe I was hired to kill vermin. Vashik mumbles under his breath as he grabs onto the rope and slithers down.

[sblock=Athletics]
1d20+1=18 [/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
If the only way to get across the room is to go down the rope, Dane will carefully make his way down it.

Take 10: Athletics 18.

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Evo's got it right, this 'room' is essentially the top of a deep shaft. 15' lower than the floor you are on 4 pipes stick out of the wall and send sewer water 5' lower to the bottom of the shaft.

Its a DC 10 climb check to descend the rope. I've got Vashik, Riardon, Dane down safely, Incarnation takes 8 and is prone in the sewer water.[/sblock]

With Rurdev holding a rope for the others to descend, its a fairly easy climb, though not for Incarnation who plummets to the bottom of the shaft and ends in a splash. Rurdev fixes the rope to the side of the shaft on an old iron rung then manages to descend himself. At the bottom the group sees that the sewage water moves out of the shaft and down around a corner.

EDIT: the map shows potential positions once everyone has descended and climbed out of the water.

Map

sewers1.png

EvolutionKB

First Post
Rurdev walks around the outside of the wall, trying to judge the depth of the muck. When the shifter reaches the bridge crossing over, he crosses it, stepping in line behind Dane.

ukingsken

First Post
Filthy sewers! Why did I ever agree to this? I used to command legions, and now I'm wallowing in the filth worrying about fighting oversized RODENTS!!!

Vashik rants and raves, raising his voice before silencing himself as he realizes just how well sound seems to carry down here. He follows along behind the others.

Remove ads