• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure Time & D&D

Ramen

First Post
I do have to admit I've watched it once our twice and in spite of it being a kids show it did tickle my gaming funny bone. It reminds me of some of the weird stuff that can pop up in a D&D game.

Sent from tapatalk

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I have no qualms in admitting I enjoy the show, I don't watch it often but am aware enough to know that it is set in a post apocalyptic world (after the Mushroom War) when the magic has come back. It involves a human adventurer and his magical stretching dog, a unicorn riding princess made of bubblegum, another princess who is a were-cloud thing from another dimension and there arch enemy the Ice King

DMH

First Post
I have watched all of them* and there are many references to D&D. Providing stats for Finn is easy- he is a 2nd or 3rd level fighter. Jake is harder with his unlimited use of alter self (with a bit of shape change). Some times he acts as an older brother and sometimes as an idiot dog. I would say he is a level or two higher than Finn.

I would love to see a bestiary based on the show. Whywolves, earclopses, cyclopses with detachable heads, garage robots, killer programs, talking shrubs, the bone harpy/witch, Magic Man and his curses, that toad wizard and so much more. And not to forget the snail, especially now.

*Though I have not enjoyed them all. It is really hit or miss for me, but the hits make it worth slogging through the rest.

koesherbacon

First Post
I'm working on a Pathfinder version of Magic Man, which I'm going to use in my campaign as an ally/enemy (depending on his mood) for my players. I'll post it when I'm done.

Remove ads