• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Trek to the Vinyard...

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo move just behind Zoe.

"I have no more potion, if someone could lend me one, I will play the nurse..."

Rinaldo is moving with his shortsword ina hand, a potion in the other if anyone lend him one.

OOC:In the next combat, if any, Rinaldo will use Combat expertise, with +5 to CA and -5 to attack, lowering his attack to -5 and his CA to 19.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:You all did see Thurgan shoot at something, by the way.

IC: Daryn says that Jimmy was his cousin and Orson is his brother.
As well, you ge the feeling that ther were servants here as well, from all of the blood that you have seen. No bodies have been spotted yet, however.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Troi - Initiative: +3; AC: 16; HP: 8/8; Weapon: Rapier +4, 1d6+1

Troi pauses before he reaches the attic entrance, taking a long, hard look around the room... if he doesn't see anything, he slowly closes his eyes, listening intently to the sounds of the room, trying to determine if anything lurks there besides himself and his friends.

Spot +5, Search +2, Listen +5.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:The attic trapdoor is perhaps 20 before the door to the bedroom, maybe 15 feet beyond where Troi fought the Fiendish Wolf.
I assume that you are taking a quick look into the room, by your post...

IC: Troi can clearly hear the sound of rain now, where there was none before (or a much more muted soundm anyways). Moving cautiously forward to take a look, with Zoe and Thurgan at hand, Rinaldo and Velbrik watching the trapdoor and Felix keeping an eye behind, in case something tried to sneak up from the first floor.

What Troi,Thurgan and Zoe see is amaster bedroom ransacked and partially destroyed. What is more evident, however, is the smashed window that looks South. Moving to the window, allthree Companions can see (in a flash of lightning) a shape moving down below, away. It is perhaps 80 feet and moving fast.

Troi sees more, however...clearly he saw that the form shimmered indistinctly and thenchanged suddenly becoming a beast on four legs, before running off into the hills...

OoC:I ruled that the lightning would allow fairly good vision at night, if for a brief moment, besides, it's spooky...

IC: Those still inthe hallway can hear something above again, and Rinaldo clearly hears a woman crying with someone else desperately trying to hush her.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer

"Damn it!" Troi cries, watching the figure change and vanish into the distance.

"With this rain, I won't be able ta track 'im fer long." Troi says, tilting his head slightly. "But it sounds like there's somebody in th' attic..."

He shakes his head, rubbing his left shoulder with his free hand. "Alright. Up we go. Then we hafta head out there, an' follow th' tracks, if we can."

Velmont

First Post
Whispering: "They are at least two, a women, maybe his mother, and someone who try to consolate her. At first, I would think there is no enemy up there, as they donèt seems to take prisonners"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer

Troi shakes his head. "We dunno what's up there. We almost hafta go up there an' check it, just ta make sure. We can't let 'em alone if there's anythin' hostile up there..."

WizWrm

First Post
"Indeed," says Velbrik. "It is our duty to aid the occupants of this mansion. Perhaps we can get a sense for what's going on, if nothing else."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:So, any actions/words regarding whoever is in the Attic. Zoe can Detect no Evil from that direction.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads