• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Trek to the Vinyard...

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"Once we get the people here ta safety, we can deal with who . . . or what did this. Maybe we should declare call out who we are 'fore heading up. Hate ta get plugged by the people we meant ta save," Thurgan added. Thurgan searched the room briefly, then reloaded his crossbow.

OOC: He tried to recover his bolt if he could.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Remember what the Wine Merchant said about no looting...

IC: Thurgan has a quick look over the Master Bedroom, which is decorated in the finest exotic woods and furs. He recognizes a pelt that must have been from a Griffon, as it appears one piecs and have a pale brown fur and a blue/brown feather composition.
Many silver and even gold items from candlesticks to serving pitchers, as well as
some necklaces,bracelets and silks also litter the floor, as if someone had gathered them but didn't know what to do with them specifically.

Thurgan's bolt is recoverable, though it takes him a minute of digging, as it sank into the bed's headboard quite deeply...

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Troi - Initiative: +3; AC: 16; HP: 8/8; Weapon: Rapier +4, 1d6+1

Troi wordlessly begins trying to find a way to get up into the attic.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Uriel said:
Thurgan's bolt is recoverable, though it takes him a minute of digging, as it sank into the bed's headboard quite deeply...

Thurgan attempted to spare the headboard too much more grief, but he didn't feel comfortable leaving his handiwork lying around. He had worked hard on the bolt heads which now would cost money to him. Thurgan wasn't certain where his next meal was coming form - or even if he'd have a next meal.

"Be darned embarassin' ta come back here 'n lay down only ta see a crossbow bolt stuck in the bed. I sure wouldn't want ta see that, though I'm sure there's other thin's worse than that ta see here," Thurgan muttered as he worked the bolt free. Then to the others, he added, "Ya notice that some of the good stuff seems ta been gathered?"

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Daryn cocks his little head upwards and then lets out with an exclaimation 'Momma! Papa!'

After a second, a voice can be heard yelling and a second. Moments later the trapdoor opens, extending a folding staircase as it does and a nervous looking young man steps down, a crossbow in his hands. Behind him is a strikingly pretty woman, though she is in her late thirties, she still retains a much in the way of beauty. 'Daryn, my daryn, we thought you lost!.
The woman shoulders her way past the young and leaps down, even as the little boy runs forward tp embrace her. The two are quickly crying and holding on like they would never let go.

The youth says that he is Orson, Daryn's older brother. Looking at his mother for a moment, he adds that he is now the head of the Family, as his father is no longer among the living. Then, showing a grateful manner, he asks just who all of you are.

OoC:Off to sleep for me...

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"We are sorry to learn what have happen to your father, sir, and your husband, lady. I present myself, Rinaldo di Senzio, Merchant and now adventurer. Our group have been engaged by Fenton to find out what was happening, as it seems he didn't show up for his usual chess game, and it was very unusual for him. As he had any news for days, he ask some brave souls to find out what happened. These man who answer his call are here to help you.

I present you Troi, Zoe, Thurgan, Felix and Velbrik. All great men and woman and we will take you to a safety place, but before going, we would want to know if there is anyone else missing. Any other emeber of the family, employee, servants?

And, Troi, do you think we have time to listen to how it begins or you prefer to move now?"

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"So long as they're safe, we need ta move." Troi says, fidgeting slightly and shifting his weight uneasily. "Those tracks won't last long, y'know..."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC: Blame CS for the weather, folks...

Outside the storm begins to pick up and the thunder becomes more frequent, as do the flashes of lightning.The storm is about to break with gale-force winds upon the estate, making travel a rather difficult thing.

The woman brightens up a bit, wiping tears away and holding here son in arms made strong by many years of working alongside her husband in the Vinyards. Sniffing and smiling, she says I know of a safe place, I'm sure that the beasts didn't find it...' She sets down Daryn and moves into the Master Bedroom, moving to a wall and slipping her hand beneatha painting (now shredded by wicked claws). A click can be heard, and a seam becomes visible in the wall, a secret door.
Opening it, the woman says Forgive me, where are my manners. I am Marinya Vingarius, and this is my...home. Now, this passage leads down to the vaults, where wine is stored.To a secret room in fact, as my...husband wanted a safe place should something occur to our home.'

WizWrm

First Post
"Thank you, madam," says Velbrik. He'll follow the others into the passage.

"Did your husband suspect they might be coming? Was there any reason for them to attack you?"

Velbrik's brow furrows for a moment, "Are you Daryn's mother? He told us that his mother's name was Mavreena."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Correcting DM mess-up :p

The woman smiles wistfully, 'Yes, I am his mother, Good Sir. Mavreena was what my husband called me. It means 'orchid of the sun' in his native tongue. He was from Vanchar, in the Southlands.
We had no knowledge of any attack...these Orcs-Beasts just came out of the hills like locusts. It is quite a good thing that you happened along. I assure you that you will be well rewarded. What did the good Mr. Fenton offer?I will pay that many fold again, should we get out of this alive. I do hope that our horses are all right, the stables had perhaps a dozen. At the least, I hope that they escaped from those horrid monsters.'

Remove ads