• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Trek to the Vinyard...

Thels

First Post
Nice adventure, Uriel. I'm eager to play any adventure that would continue this line, though of course for this system to really work, players will need to switch groups.

As the others collect the symbols, Zoe asks: "Would you mind giving one of these symbols when we return to town? I would be interested in what my elders could say about it."

OOC: Perhaps in here is not the most appropiate place to ask, but how hard should it be to speak to an elder outside of the temple, as I don't want to bring the symbol into the temple, just to ask.

Zoe will give her regards to the survivors, promosing that if she by chance learns more about the attackers, she will do her best to see to it that they will be stopped.

Zoe's happy to be outside again, riding a horse, but she stays alert on her surroundings, just in case. to Felix: "I do not feel commited to join your guild. It would not mix well with the ideals of my religion. However, I wish you all the best with it and of course I would be happy to see any one of you back in the inn or at other places."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Well, I have another one planned in continuation, with (hopefully) 2 of the folks from my other game. It seems that they found the most curious talismans on a pair of feral Ogres that they killed...

As well, some cross-pollination is fine with new 1st level characters as well.
There were aprox 14 Talismans, plenty for Zoe to take one, as well as anyone else, with Felix picking up any spares.

As far as Zoe and the Elder, a bit of information and a courier could net you an audience <Untrained Diplomacy result of 15 is enough). et me know what you want to ask/say to him.

As far as running a new PrC by the Judges, please feel free to,as I know that we all want a fully utilized think-tank as far as ideas go. Discussion thread, or perhaps the Judges email
livingenworld@hotmail.com

As far as changing alignments etc...I mentioned above for velbrik's benefit that I think that LEW should have a more 'real' feel. Folks have changing views, and ,as this is suppossed to be a living game setting, I see no problem with folks shigting alignment or degree of piety etc...all in the name of establishing a personality, especially at low levels when they are first getting a hold on how they want to play their PCs.

OoC:I am really glad that I rolled the strangest series of '1's on my damage rols, as the feral orcs were doing a D8+3 or 4 whenever they hit you guys.

Add the feral template to orc and you have the basic Savage Orc that you faced, Orc and feral ad together for a dangerous combination, if you merely want a disposable badguy. This adventure was a mild adaptation of a Middle Earth one that I ran a decade ago, though i couldn;t find the maps...or the module for that matter. Werewolf Orcs, indeed, there's no such things as Werewolves... :D
I was sort of going for a Night of the Living Dead/Brotherhood of the Wolf feel, hope some of it carried over.

IC: Upon returning to the Red Dragon Inn, you all see the usual mixture of folk, drinking,planning and planning to drink.

An old man , a hunter from the look of him, sits with a beautiful elven girl and what is obviously a Druid (with a large wolf bearing a strange set of fresh scars on one side, where the hair has grown back white, making him look rather 'tiger-like'). The three are discussing quietly and your eyes are drawn to the old man as he pulls forth a talisman bearing a long tooth and several red and green beads upon it's leather thong...

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Before they leave, Troi will pull out his book and draw one or two sketches of the feral orcs in it.

"Well, folks, it's been fun." Troi says, as they ride. "I look forward ta workin' with some a ya later, and though I might not see some a ya again, if y'need any help an' I'm around, feel free ta ask."

He listens as Felix describes what he envisions an adventuring guild to be.

"Hmm... maybe, Felix, maybe." He says. "I'm somethin' of a loner, y'know? Long weeks on th' road'll do that to ya. Not sayin' that I won't think 'bout it, though."

OoC: I have no problem with 1008 gp apiece... I'm not interested in any of the potions or the warhammer.

And Uriel... good game. :)

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
GnomeWorks said:
Before they leave, Troi will pull out his book and draw one or two sketches of the feral orcs in it.

"Well, folks, it's been fun." Troi says, as they ride. "I look forward ta workin' with some a ya later, and though I might not see some a ya again, if y'need any help an' I'm around, feel free ta ask."

He listens as Felix describes what he envisions an adventuring guild to be.

"Hmm... maybe, Felix, maybe." He says. "I'm somethin' of a loner, y'know? Long weeks on th' road'll do that to ya. Not sayin' that I won't think 'bout it, though."

OoC: I have no problem with 1008 gp apiece... I'm not interested in any of the potions or the warhammer.

And Uriel... good game. :)

thanks, GW. I am rather pleased that I have now completed 2 games on ENWorld, although they were fairly short ones.
The LEW crew do seem to have a posting gusto that the standard boards have sort of lost, if only a bit.

WizWrm

First Post
Ack, that's what I get for falling asleep. So many posts everywhere...

I'm not really interested in the items; the potion of fire resistance is the only thing Velbrk would have any sort of interest in. What's the potion exactly? Endure elements (fire) or protection from energy (fire)?

I took the liberty of going ahead and rolling the dice:

Felix, Troi, Zoe, and Velbrik all get an item. The warhammer can only be used by Troi (who uses a whip) and Zoe (for whom the hammer may not fit her theme). Also, Thurgan was taking fighter next level (?) if I remember correctly. If Thurgan takes fighter and neither Troi or Zoe wants the hammer, I'll take it and give it to Thurgan. Other than that, I'd like the resistance potion.

Hm, seems that CS doesn't like my spell. I'll put that on hold for a bit, then. I don't really want to just turn it into a +20 to Tumble/"minor blur" spell, so I'll just pick something else and rework it to be a higher level, or something.

I'll go ahead and re-introduce Velbrik into the tavern, then; but there are a couple mundane items I'm going to buy beforehand.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
WizWrm said:
I'm not really interested in the items; the potion of fire resistance is the only thing Velbrk would have any sort of interest in. What's the potion exactly? Endure elements (fire) or protection from energy (fire)?

I took the liberty of going ahead and rolling the dice:

Felix, Troi, Zoe, and Velbrik all get an item. The warhammer can only be used by Troi (who uses a whip) and Zoe (for whom the hammer may not fit her theme). Also, Thurgan was taking fighter next level (?) if I remember correctly. If Thurgan takes fighter and neither Troi or Zoe wants the hammer, I'll take it and give it to Thurgan. Other than that, I'd like the resistance potion.

There is also the option of selling the items and adding that to the cash
+1 Warhammer :2,312 GP]
Potion of Resist Energy (Fire) :300GP
Potion of Bull's Strength: 300GP
Potion of Cure Moderate WOunds:300GP

That's an additional 3112 GP, which would bring the total to 9.160GP or 1526GP each (with a GP left over for a few ales at the Red Dragon Inn).

Arken

Explorer
Uriel said:
There is also the option of selling the items and adding that to the cash
+1 Warhammer :2,312 GP]
Potion of Resist Energy (Fire) :300GP
Potion of Bull's Strength: 300GP
Potion of Cure Moderate WOunds:300GP

That's an additional 3112 GP, which would bring the total to 9.160GP or 1526GP each (with a GP left over for a few ales at the Red Dragon Inn).

As a collector of magic and a person that wishes to become a magical smith Felix is interested in the hammer if Thurgan isn't but the reasons are purely roleplay based so Thurgan may wish to take it for more concrete uses. The fact is that Felix may study the item or upgrade it (the latter probably), likely for sale to a player at a later date.

Selling them might be an option but it would possibly be a good idea to try and sell them to other players (and at the very least keep the cure moderate wounds potion :)) So that we weren't taking the opportunity of a magic item out of the 'system' so to speak even if someone had to buy the same item it would be a loss of monetary value on someone's part.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: It was a good adveture, Uriel, Thanks for it, and I may be in the next chapter, I will see.

1008gp would be very nice. For the potions, the bull strenght or cure would be two interesting things to have, but if someone absolutly want one of them, I'll leave it to him.

"Well, I was pleased to travel with you. You are all good and brave warriors, and I wish you luck. I hope we will meet you soon. I know I will take a little naps at the Inns and, with a night of sleep, I'll see if I'm interested to continu the investigation about that wolfman and those fetish. May your business be profitable and your trips safe.

And Felix, finally, we hadn't much time to talk. You told me you wanted a business..."
and so this discussion will continu at the Inn, if Felix is interested to talk about that.

Thels

First Post
OOC: Zoe is not interested in the Warhammer. A masterwork Bastard Sword functions just as well for her. Like probably everyone, she's most interested in the CMW potion, as her healing powers are currently limited to the heal skill (or 6 hp/day if she gains a level out of this).

I think we should treat the items as half market price, since that's what you'll normally get for an item if you sell it. So that would be:

Money: 6048 GP
Warhammer +1: 1156 GP
Potion of Resist Energy: 150 GP
Potion of Bull's Strength: 150 GP
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds: 150 GP

Total: 7654 GP
Per person: 1525 GP
Remaining 4 GP

I think a fair way would be for anyone interested in any item to pick that item, which would be counted as receiving gold equal to half the market price. If more than one person is interested in an item, they could bid on the item, raising the item's reward and therefor the total money and thus the money everyone's getting.

Uriel> Zoe would like to know any known general info about the symbol she could get, but probably stuff like:

Deity represented by the symbol.
Generic info about Deity (Races worshipped by, Portfolio).
Are there any more recent encounters with carriers of this symbol.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Thels said:
OOC: Zoe is not interested in the Warhammer. A masterwork Bastard Sword functions just as well for her. Like probably everyone, she's most interested in the CMW potion, as her healing powers are currently limited to the heal skill (or 6 hp/day if she gains a level out of this).

I think we should treat the items as half market price, since that's what you'll normally get for an item if you sell it. So that would be:

Money: 6048 GP
Warhammer +1: 1156 GP
Potion of Resist Energy: 150 GP
Potion of Bull's Strength: 150 GP
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds: 150 GP

That's what you get for mundane equipment. There is nothing said about magic items and half value, to my knowledge.I am inclined to give the full value unless someone shows me otherwise in the DMG.The DMG states that this is the price that someone should expect as the market value.
Mundane equipment, however is less sturdy, and easy to come by, thus the half-value trade-in listed (except for trade goods, being the exception.I will check with CS and garyh as well, since this has the potential to be a magic-iems heavy setting, with a dozen DMs with differing styles of reward.

Total: 7654 GP
Per person: 1525 GP
Remaining 4 GP

I think a fair way would be for anyone interested in any item to pick that item, which would be counted as receiving gold equal to half the market price. If more than one person is interested in an item, they could bid on the item, raising the item's reward and therefor the total money and thus the money everyone's getting.

Uriel> Zoe would like to know any known general info about the symbol she could get, but probably stuff like:

Deity represented by the symbol.
Generic info about Deity (Races worshipped by, Portfolio).
Are there any more recent encounters with carriers of this symbol.
Know-Religion for the Elder was a 22. It is affiliated with Kroggoth, the Beast. Kroggoth is a God of the Northlands who teaches that the hunter is the ultimate ruler of the World. Followers of Kroggoth are frequently mad and bloodthirsty, bestial and feral. Cannibalism is the norm, as the Kroggothites eat anything that they catch.

Humans,Orcs,some Giants and all sorts of misfit half-races worship the Beast, hunting all that they encounter and eating all that they Hunt without Mercy.
Align:CE

Portfolio (at a glance) is Hunting,slaughter,feral beings,despoiling of Nature.

Remove ads