[Adventure] Trouble in Daunton (DM: Nebten, Judge: Currently Looking)

GROMkill

First Post
Seemingly disgusted by the appearance of the old beggar, Nave says nothing to him while the party discusses the kidnapping with Old Stritch. However disgusted he is at the old beggar, however, he is equally drooling over Vayne. Not too sure how she ended up with them, and where Vanessa is, he keeps a watchful eye out as they approach the steps down to the closed door.

Watching Howler thrust a hard kick at the door, Nave squints in interest. "Ah, finally a use for you!" Nave says, a smile forming at the side of his lips, more teasing than actually being condescending.

Nebten

First Post
Old Stritch takes the gold coin and bites on it with one of his remaining front incisors. He then gives a wink and a extended glare towards the firey red-head backside as she leaves.

The old man follows a little bit but ends at the head of the stairs. He looks on as the adventures do their deeds. Howler leads the group down towards the cellar door. With his orcish doorknocker, he smashes open the door which appeared to have been a barred from the other side.

The entrance leads down a flight of stairs and into a dingy cellar that smells of mildew. Faint light from outside shows scattered everywhere dreck-covered remains of pots, jars, and broken tools, all stacked in teetering heaps among barrels, crates, and shelves. Directly opposite the entrance, a rickety old staircase leads to a landing with a door.

GM: You enter from the lower left doorway.

Attachments

• Cellar.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 460
  • 05 Track 5.mp3
    473.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 06 Track 6.mp3
    936.2 KB · Views: 106

TheUltramark

First Post
Joe will try and pick up the drag mark trail, though it wasn't mentioned, it should be easy to find in all this dust. If the trail is mysteriously cold, he will begin looking for other signs of escape from the room like a secret door or passage underneath the stairs or similar easily overlookable feature of the room.
Imm Interupt - If anyone looks as if they are going to smash the other door, I will speak up and try to prevent it.

TheUltramark

First Post
OOC: I labored under the impression that the rats mentioned were not an actual monster, just common rats. If it is in fact an encounter, that would certainly change my intended action.

Nebten

First Post
GM: The rats are just rats, for now . . .

"Joe" does a quick look around at the nearby shelving and the support structure of the staircase opposite of where they entered without any new discoveries. When he looks at the floor though he finds some footprints that lead into the alcove and end before a large crate. (upper right corner, the crate with the "square" top).

TheUltramark

First Post
(if nobody else notices...)

"Hey! check this out over here..." Joe whispers in a tone trying to hide his excitement. Joe then goes over to the crate, slowly walking around it first, then checking it out, trying to find out if it flips open, slides, the top of the crate opens, or how else the group might continue its pursuit.

modus666

First Post
(if nobody else notices...)

"Hey! check this out over here..." Joe whispers in a tone trying to hide his excitement. Joe then goes over to the crate, slowly walking around it first, then checking it out, trying to find out if it flips open, slides, the top of the crate opens, or how else the group might continue its pursuit.

Vayne stalks into the room just behind Howler and Joe. She is on high alert here, watching for any threat as Joe goes about following the trail. She is especially wary of the door leading from the basement further into the building.

When Joe discovers something of interest at the crate in the corner Vayne lends her 'enhanced' senses to his investigation. "Let's see what you've found here friend... "<perception roll>.

OOC: oh btw... have we found a judge yet??? and if someone could i'd really appreciate visiting my wiki page for i can get my non-judge approval in

Nebten

First Post
Joe and Vayne make their way over to the create and take a closer look . . . (audio)

[sblock=After audio] Crate appears to be bolted to the top of a trap door. Joe is able to find a near by switch and pulls it, thus disabling the trap. After openning the door, carved shaft lays below the door's openning. On the opposite side of the trapdoor another switch can be seen. Joe believes this reactivate the shelf trap if the door was closed and flipped. A set of iron rungs forms a ladder that lead down into the darkness.

[sblock=Vayne] You can see the bottom about 15' down. It is dirt and seems to continue to into a tunnel.[/sblock][/sblock]

Attachments

• 08 Track 8.mp3
    931.3 KB · Views: 103

Pentius

First Post
Howler paces the cellar, kicking over a table for good measure and taking heart in the sound of breaking glass. When the trap door is discovered, he looks down the hole. "Iron rings. Cute. Can't be worse than a ship's deck, lurching with the surf and covered in blood. I got this." As he prepares to jump down, Old Scritch tries to tag along.

"Oh, bugger off, you old buzzard. I'd have stripped you by now if you had anything worth taking!"

modus666

First Post
Vayne shoots Howler a disapproving glance.

"Do not harm the downtrodden of Daunton, sailor. Or else it's me you will reckon with." she says very matter of factly.

"Let him come along, (to Scritch) but keep back and out of danger, and stay quiet unless its important. If you get yourself hurt it's your own fault. If you get us caught I'll rescind my comments to the half-orc here, got it?"

"Let me go first. I can see just fine down there even without light. I'll try to see if anything lurks in the darkness before you come down behind."

Vayne lowers herself down with a few steps and a quick hop off of the ladder. Once on the floor she scans the darkness within for danger... <perception check>

Remove ads