• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge: THB) - Part II

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
For your positioning, the Crocodile wasn't hit , but Mound & Swarm were.

Sheeva will take the damage from the swarm, but Korthauk won't [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I was forgetting, River, having done no damage this round, gained 2 Temporary Hit Points at the end of his turn.[/SBLOCK]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Lol, poor renau1g's map is going to be covered in colored border squares.

VELMONT: Thanks for the resist 5 and for saving me from 12 damage! [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]You're welcome.

I was feeling I was doing overkilling with healing, so I changed Beacon of Hope for Moment of Glory, and my first impression is Moment of Glory is just as great, maybe even better, as it is a blast and not a Burst, so you can stay just behind the melee line and not go in the middle.

My first goal with River was to become the best healing machine I could do with him, but now, I'm more trying to have a bit more diversity of option.[/SBLOCK]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Velmont] That's great! I think the Resist 5 all to all party members with a minor sustain is JUST as effective in dealing with damage (as a preventative measure) than true healing is (as a reactive measure). Maybe even better in some cases :) No need to heal what isn't hurt, right ;) [/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=renau1g]
Ok, I don't understand this.

Pok moved closer to the Crocodile and into the Crocodile's reach range before the Crocodile's turn and Pok knew that Pok would be safe doing that?
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
The croc was marked, which cabana likely would've seen. Now he couldn't know for certainty that the croc wouldn't attack him, but the creature would suffer the -2 to hit, + an additional -2 to hit for cover (the tree), and he has shield available as well as fade away so his defensive options are certainly there. So yeah, it seems like a pretty safe place. Either that or stay there where a mass of creatures are, or run away from his big strong protector... I did my best to control him as an NPC in order to keep the game flowing. I'm more than fine waiting for Cabana to post but I was doing it for the players [/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Keep the bugs next to the croc so they will attack it and we can blast both at the same time. Get them Pok!" Sheeva shouts.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Pull out dagger 1
Minor: Pull out dagger 2
Standard: Bedeviling Burst Bugs and Croc

21 vs. Bugs, 26 vs. Croc, vs. Will, 18 damage

Push bugs to I2 if 21 hits (sorry Velmont, but you went out of turn and Sheeva didn't know River's plan). Sheeva's plan is to have the bugs attack the croc unless they are best buds or some such. Minimally, the croc might take damage from being next to the bugs.

Does not push Croc.

Technically Kal, you can thank Sheeva for saving Kortauhk from 12 damage if 21 hits. If not, then the foes are all spread out and area effects are not going to be done much this encounter. ;)

Saving Throw 14 vs. Poison

renau1g, I rolled a Perception for Sheeva (and sucked with it) before I realized that Perception rolls are a minor action. She actually would never do that on the first round of combat (I was thinking free action, doh!), in fact, she wouldn't know to do it. If you rule that she did since I did roll the dice, then she did 1 less damage for not having the second dagger out.
[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
The paladin grits his teeth and spreads his feet as the croc bites down on him. Luckily though, the metal was slick from the water and he is able to pull free before the creature can go into a death roll. Speaking in the mind of River the kalashtar says, "Good job, just keep me alive."

The paladin calls out in the mind of Kortauhk. "I can't fight this thing by myself...I need you to distract it. If this thing grabs me, I'm done."

The paladin raises his radiant blade, calling out mentally to the croc. The paladin strikes two quick slashes with his sword, but they bounce of the croc's thick skin.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Oath of Enmity Croc
Standard: Virtuous Strike Croc: virtuous strike oathed croc (1d20+12=17, 1d20+12=21, 1d8+8=12) So 21 to hit for 12 damage.
Minor: Ardent Vow
AP: Righteous Smite vs Croc: righteous smite vs croc; oathed; ardent vow (1d20+12=17, 1d20+12=17, 2d8+17=31) Wow that was a terrible set of rolls: 3 5's and a 9.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats: Cover AC 26: Resist 5 all]
Valahad
Passive Perception: 17 Passive Insight: 28
HP: 63/63 Surge: 11/11(15)
AC: 24 F: 16 R: 17 W: 19
AP: 1
Valorous Strike
Enfeebling Strike
Ardent Strike***
Valorous Smite
Righteous Smite
Oath of Enmity

Divine Mettle
Bastion of Mental Clarity
Call of Challenge
Acidic Longsword
Majestic Halo
Name of Might
Wrath of the Gods
Dwarven Plate
Acidic Longsword
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Slight change, The are of the blast will be D4,H8. That's mean the swarm will not be hit (after Sheeva action, he wouldn't be in the area anymore.), Sheeva doesn't get the resist 5, but Faell got it.

The reason of this change, mainly because Faell will probably be the one who will hold the Mound while the two caster are on the swarm, the two melee are on the crocodile and I try to keep all of them alive. Also, Sheeva have some magical items to help her to protect herself if the need arise.[/SBLOCK]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads