• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=r1g]I know it's not quite Feall's turn, but I may not be able to post this afternoon and he does go again before any enemies close to him so I thought I'd go ahead and get it up.[/sblock]

An involuntary chuckle escapes Feall's throat at Sheeva's flippant words; the panic - resurging as he is grabbed yet again - is put to rest by her easy camaraderie. He twists lithely in the grasping tentacles, plants booted feet against the creatures chest, and springs free. As his feet touch the ground, inky blackness fills the air around him; safely ensconced in his native darkness, he takes a brief moment to center himself before attacking.

Enough playing around . . . I guess it's time to get serious.

Another Shroud settles onto the tentacled horror, and the young Assassin lets his consciousness flow through it, establishing a preternatural connection between killer and target. The wicked black falchion lashes out, its reach extended and the blade drawn to the shroud. A great bloody gash opens the creature from collar to navel.

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Move:
Escape (Acrobatics vs. Reflex) (1d20+12=22) and shift to K26.
Minor:
Cloud of Darkness
Free:
Assassin's Shroud
Standard:
Inescapable Blade (1d20+12=32) (He Crits me, I Crit him - we'll see who does better :devil:)
Damage (10+(2d4+2)+2d6+1d6=31)

Of course, most of this depends on a 22 being good enough to escape the grab . . .[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Sorry for the delay, but no update today. Surprise interview for a promotion tomorrow morning...

I'll update ASAP, please feel free to NPC where necessary.

[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I'll wait until tomorrow to update. If nothing from Cabana, I'll roll one of his at-wills...[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Pok aims his wand and quietly bends the tentacled horrors reality, convincing the beast two of his tentacles were Sheeva and Feall.

He creeps forward through the brush, tripping over the dense foliage.
[sblock=OOC]

Phantom Bolt on Tentacle (CRIT City), 20 psychic damage, and Pok slides the tentacles to I23.

Move P31 Stealth 17

Will use either Fade Away or Shield if attacked.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"Arawai, weaken those foe." pray River, He then move to come closer to Valahad, but stay in melee with the tentacles, standing as a prey for they until his companions come to his help.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Standard:Hymn of Resurgence (Hound, Biggums, Tentacle) (1d20+9=19, 1d20+9=28, 1d20+9=22). Against Fortitude. If it hit: -2 to all defenses and if hit, they become prone.
Also Valahad and Sheeva both gain 5 THP (but I think Sheeva already have 5, and that doesn't stack).

Move: Shift to J15
Minor: Nothing[/SBLOCK]

renau1g

First Post
Valahad steps to the side, and spins, slashing backhanded with his weapon at the creature's legs. The paladin's prayer empowers his weapon, weakening the creature's strikes. "I'm coming River!"

"Feall, come this way and bring your dance partner with you. We'll surround them."

As Sheeva moves near Biggums, a cloud of deepest darkness descends around her. A moment later, a thunderous gust of wind comes up and blows Biggums and the Hound back in the direction of the camp.

Kortauhk rushes over to the tent that Pok poked his head out of. Seeing his equipment, he rushed to get it all equipped so that he could help his rescuer defeat the creatures that had captured and beat him.

Pok aims his wand and quietly bends the tentacled horrors reality, convincing the beast two of his tentacles were Sheeva and Feall.

He creeps forward through the brush, tripping over the dense foliage.

An involuntary chuckle escapes Feall's throat at Sheeva's flippant words; the panic - resurging as he is grabbed yet again - is put to rest by her easy camaraderie. He twists lithely in the grasping tentacles, plants booted feet against the creatures chest, and springs free. As his feet touch the ground, inky blackness fills the air around him; safely ensconced in his native darkness, he takes a brief moment to center himself before attacking.

Enough playing around . . . I guess it's time to get serious.

Another Shroud settles onto the tentacled horror, and the young Assassin lets his consciousness flow through it, establishing a preternatural connection between killer and target. The wicked black falchion lashes out, its reach extended and the blade drawn to the shroud. A great bloody gash opens the creature from collar to navel. The beast falls to the ground.

"Arawai, weaken those foe." pray River, He then move to come closer to Valahad, but stay in melee with the tentacles, standing as a prey for they until his companions come to his help. The tentacled monster and the large foe both fall to Arawai's light, but the hound stands strong.

The large foe roars in anger as the blood flows freely from the multiple wounds. It stomps towards River and slams the club down and also tries to punch the shifter with his free hand. The chain armor absorbs and distributes the energy without harming him.

The tentacle foe stands up and wraps its arms around River, squeezing him.

The hound again unleashes a terrible howl that shakes Sheeva, Val, and River before disappearing from sight. It appears behind the shifter and bites him in the back of the knees.

Lan appears out of the bushes to the far side of River, "Looks like you can use some help friend" he calls as he moves next to the hound. He holds his longsword up and at the last moment changes direction quickly and stabs River, nearly dropping him. "I've chosen the right side, join us" he hisses

[sblock=OOC]
Biggums misses River - vs ac; dmg; vs ac; dmg (1d20 7=11, 2d6 5=8, 1d20 5=16, 1d8 7=11)

T69 - stands up - attacks River - vs ac; dmg (1d20 12=22, 1d4 4=7) hits for 7 and you're grabbed..

Hound - uses Bay - vs will (1d20 8=22, 1d20 8=23, 1d20 8=19) hits River/Val/Sheeva, -2 defenses TENT, then t-ports behind River - bites him - hits for 15vs ac; dmg (1d20 13=26, 1d8 4 1d6=15)

Lan - moves to current spot - attacks River - vs ac; dmg (1d20 13=33, 1d4 5 2d6=17) crits for 21 damage... almost....

Biggums: -40hp+5thp, Divine Challenged, -2 to attacks (Valahad), -2 to all defenses, (TENT - River), prone.
Tentacle 69 - -2 to all defenses, (TENT - River), prone.
Feall:

Initiative:
Pok - 23 -
Feall - 22 - 19/33 - total concealment (in cloud, TENT)
River - 12 - 1/44 - bloodied, grabbed, -2 defenses TENT
Biggums- 12
Other bad guys 12
Valahad - 11 - 35/51+5thp -2 defenses TENT (hound) <- You're up
Sheeva - 9 +5 thp - total concealment (in cloud, TENT), -2 defenses TENT
Korthauk - 7

Init (Feall, Korthauk, baddies) (1d20 7=22, 1d20 3=7, 1d20 6=12)[/sblock]

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=r1g]I think you missed a couple of conditions - Feall's not grabbed anymore and should be in a Cloud of Darkness (not that it will matter once he moves).[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=r1g]Can Feall move through squares with vegetation? Are they trees and thus tall enough to move under, or bushes counting as difficult terrain?[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads