[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertexx69

First Post
Before the door is closed a messenger clears his throat as he makes his way over to Rohna handing her a sending stone. The goliath hold the stone to her ear an her eyes get wider for a moment. She sees the halfling enter the bar and the paladin enter the room. "Ah good you came back. I have something that just came up I must deal with now. Don't worry folks Valahad will protect you all just fine." She claps the paladin on the shoulder as she passes him and pulls the door shut behind her as she leaves. The bear looks at the door as it closes and fades from existence.

renau1g

First Post
It begins...

The female nods to the goliath as she exits the room and looks around judging each of the prospective adventurers, her eyes linger for a moment on you. Seemingly satisfied, the woman strides forward and closes the door.

She says "I am Lady Pender of The Silver Flame. As you've demonstrated your willingness to engage in aiding our organization even though you aren't of our faith, I am heartened. Recently, we have stopped receiving reports from our group in Moonwatch. We are currently stretched to our limits in other locations and can't spare the resources to aid them. The first step is investigate recent happenings in the area and then aid them in any problems that might have arisen. We can offer a reward of 350 gold pieces for successfully investigating and aiding our church. There have been rumours floating in before communication was cut off of cultist becoming more active in the area.".

After her pronouncement she looks to each of you for your response.

[sblock=Judge only Please]
This gold reward represents the amount the PC's are entitled to during their levels 4 & 5
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Thusk excitedly raises a hand before speaking. Unable to wait for permission to talk, he asks: What exactly we do? Travel far, battle? Fight strong enemies? See strange people, weird places?
...all the while looking like a kid before a field trip.

renau1g

First Post
Lady Pender looks at Thusk and smiles as she would to a child and replies "Perhaps, although Moonwatch is not that far. Unfortunately, there might be strong enemies, that's what we're worried about and that's why we want you to go take a look"

Atanatotatos

First Post
Thusk looks slightly disappointed hearing that he won't be going very far, but he certainly seems enthusiastic at the adventurous perspective: Not worry, Thusk young, but strong! Big sword, fast strikes!! he says, confidently. Then he pauses, looks up for a second, and says in a lower tone: At least, that what chief said when he praise Thusk.

Velmont

First Post
"It seems fair, and in line with my belief. I don't care of your faith or the ones you want me to rescue, we live in a community and that include the difference of each person. And we need to ignore these differences and work together. It's that way we become stronger and don't create unnecessary pain. If our rulers had seen that, I would probably still have an homeland and many lives would have been spared." tells River.

"You spoke about some cultist. Do you know what are there belief?"

renau1g

First Post
"I'm afraid my information on the nature of their threat is preciously little. They only sent word that many of the outlying communities had been talking about a group trying to recruit them by force to worship some unknown creature. They were going to investigate further and report their findings to me." Lady Pender replies

CaBaNa

First Post
scribbling like a madman, Pok takes as much detail down as possible. The book snaps shut and both the pencil and book are replaced within a fold of his robes.

At that price, Lady Pender of the Silver Flame, reconnoissance will be a success, however aid is a negative. My station does not afford mistakes in the choosing of sides. If members of your order are in immediate, and present danger, I can extract them. My services will go no farther than that.

Pok takes a quick glance around the room, an eclectic group, not very stealthy looking as a whole. This mission may be more difficult...

I'll also defend those you hire at no extra charge, be aware that I will openly attack both Flamist and your enemy, if an immediate threat to myself or this group arises from either. Especially that one, Pok nods toward Lanharath.
Do you have a message to be delivered to the commanding officer in the field?

Kalidrev

First Post
Lanharath, too, takes the time to make a thorough inspection of each of his soon-to-be team mates, trying to appraise each of their attitudes, strengths and weaknesses. Each twitch of muscle, each glance of the eye, and shift of head speak volumes to him and he tries to keep that information in the back of his mind so that he can better have an idea of how this team will work together.

[sblock=Perception and Insight checks]

Perception = 34!!! Insight =20
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=Lanharath only]

You notice an odd movement under Pok's clothing, a lump, no a bulge. Shifting ever so slightly. It seems to move separately of the gnome.

Each time you try to stare into his face, light shimmers and averts the eye. Frustratingly obscuring a view of the gnomes face. With a moment of concentration and a quick sidestep, Lanharath finally has a line of view to the diminutive spy's face.

His features are average, dimples, decently straight teeth. Nothing outside of what one would expect for a gnome. Pale green hair, an almost exact match of his sister's.

[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads