[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Speaking in the head of the Flamist, Valahad gives his response. "I am not of your faith, but yet we have similar goals. I will help you in the way you ask. My blade and my faith will guide me as your blade and your faith does the same. The enemies of my faith are many, as evil lurks in many forms. If cultists are feared to be a problem, then they can shown the light. When do we depart?"

Atanatotatos

First Post
Small one speaks difficult. Says Thusk, scratching his head. But, Mother teached me how making friends! he continues, brightening. And he starts offering his hand to shakes to the whole party, starting from Pok.

[sblock=Lanharath]Not much to see about Thusk. He's just as he appears. Young, naive and enthusiastic. Not a bad guy. But, he definitely looks strong. And nimble.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
At that price, Lady Pender of the Silver Flame, reconnoissance will be a success, however aid is a negative. My station does not afford mistakes in the choosing of sides. If members of your order are in immediate, and present danger, I can extract them. My services will go no farther than that.

"Well, good gnome, I'm afraid I cannot allow you to travel with the others. This mission requires those that are part of it to be willing to aid the Flame. If you view the gold payment to be insufficient in covering your aid, I suppose there will be spoils of any battles that will be yours for the taking." Lady Pender replies.

Do you have a message to be delivered to the commanding officer in the field?

"I'd like a full report from them as to why their communications have stopped." she continues.

Velmont

First Post
"I see nothing more to asks, except maybe for the travel, have you plan something or are we on our own?" asks River. "Except that, I would consider myself ready to go."

[SBLOCK=Lanharath]You are sure that River doesn't carry any weapon, not even one concealed.[/SBLOCK]

CaBaNa

First Post
Pok bows to Thusk, eschewing the shaking of hands.
Pok, it is nice to make a friend. I'll say it simple, I won't fight, unless it defends us.

renau1g

First Post
"That is fair, Pok. I expect that you will use your head before your swords." she replies.

At the mention of travel, "Yes we've taken care of transportation, you shall board a Lyrandar trade vessel, The Horrible Fall, which puts out at first light. Their fees are covered by us and Captain Dumain is expecting you" she says.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Thusk is trying to shake Lanharath's hand while he hears the name of the vessel. He stops in his tracks, turns his head slowly to Pender, and says with a half-smirk: Yer kidding, right?

Velmont

First Post
"Someone had a strange sense of humor when he named the vessel." comments River as he grabs his battle standard at the colors of house Jorasco.

[SBLOCK=OOC]
Pok bows to Thusk, eschewing the shaking of hands.
Pok, it is nice to make a friend. I'll say it simple, I won't fight, unless it defends us.

If I read betwen the line, he just say I'll have no choice to fight, as the other will mindlessly go into the fight and I just give my word that I will fight only to protect us, that include protect the other form there stupidity.[/SBLOCK]

CaBaNa

First Post
It isn't about the compensation Lady Pender, taking sides isn't in my nature. I'll accept recompense for the prompt delivery of information, and perform the duties with discretion, as is usual for the Notaries Guild. Pok stops, then considers his next words very carefully, If conflict is apparent and the Flame needs help, I will end the conflict. For the fee you proposed, I would also be willing to begin filing forms with the Notaries detailing the terms of said conflicts end. I'm not opposed to filing a form H187, or T221. Pok drops his hood, and turns the top of it inside out, wrapping it around his neck. His face becomes suddenly visible, as he looks Lady Pender in the eye. A diadem rests on his head, bearing the House Sivis coat of arms, and the mark of the Notaries Guild to each side of the crowning circlet.

The nervousness of social interaction seeming to flee the House Sivis member, in talking business.

[sblock=OOC]

@Velmont, your read is spot on.

[sblock=10 History]

Form H187 - During the last war, used to keep track of victories in battle, in which one side was killed outright, no prisoners were taken.

Form T221 - During the last war, used to keep track of truces on fields of battle, details terms, and non-aggression agreements.

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
Lanharath smiles warmly and shakes the half-orks hand while winking at Pok.

"We hadn't noticed before that you come with another companion! You don't look like one who trains animals in the forests, so your friend must be a spiritual compatriot. What is his or her name?" says Lanharath to the gnome mentally.

"We are pleased to meet you all. It might be good, while we travel to the ship, to get a good idea of what each of our strengths and weaknesses are, so that in our travels together we can get a good idea of who should do what in any given situation.

Like you, River, we can see that you carry no weapon. How do you intend to protect yourself against naked steel? What skills do you have outside of a fight that make you a valuable member of this team?

Pok: We can see that you may not want to fight, but if it comes to it, what will you be bringing to it? What else are you good at? I can tell that you are quite stealthy, and that can definitely be of use. Not many could see you when you don't want to be seen, ourselves excluded.

Without a doubt, I can say that my senses are unparalleled in this group, and even though we may not be as light of foot as Pok, here, we think our best role for this expedition would be as lead scout. Please do not take this as vanity or cock-sureness. We have been trained by House Medani experts to be the best at what we do. We will admit we may not be as diplomatic, strong, or intimidating as the rest of you, but we ARE the best at what we do and we have yet to meet any who can beat us at it. If you think you are a better contender for lead scout, simply say why. We are not here to hold grudges, only to get a job done swiftly and efficiently.

Thusk: You seem quite strong. We may need that strength to see us through. I heard your enthusiasm at traveling great distances. Are you familiar with the lay of the land?

Rohna: You will also be good in a fight, and though your armor may slow you down, we dare not underestimate you. You move like one who is no stranger to battle, and though your tactics will differ from ours, and possibly the rest of the group as well, your blade is welcome. Are there any other skills you bring with you?

Lastly, Valahad. We have had a few moments to speak with you, and like Rohna, we believe that you will bring fear to anyone who dares to attack us. Like us, you bring the Light of Il-Yannah to the group. Let that light never fade, Valahad, lest the darkness encroach."

[sblock= OOC] So, from what I can tell (I haven't looked at anyone but Pok's character sheets) we have a 1/2-Orc Barbarian (Striker), a Gnome Wizard (Controller), A Shifter Cleric or Druid (I can't tell which yet since I have not seen either a totem or a holy symbol)(Leader or Controller), a Goliath Fighter?/Shaman (Defender/leader), a Kalishtar Paladin (Defender), and a Kalashtar Avenger (Striker). That's a pretty good balance, especially if River is a Cleric and not a Druid (though either is quite welcome!). This should be a really interesting group what with the racial, religious, and personal differences. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads