[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Thus clears his throat before speaking:Uhm...Thusk is not so wise. He knows not so well plants and animals and difficult knowledge and stuff. But, Thusk strong, can jump a lot lot far, and also good to scare people! ...and he makes an angry face to make his point, bursting in laughter immediately thereafter.
He then proceeds to vigorously shake Valahad's and River's hands. And Pender's too.

Kalidrev

First Post
Lanharath smirks at the jovial half-orc as he makes his "scary face". "So I can see. Well, welcome to the team Thusk. Hopefully we will not have much use for your superior strength except maybe to carry out the injured."

CaBaNa

First Post
Lanharath nods to his fellow Kalashtar and translates the thoughts that have been given to him.

"Our companion Valahad has taken an oath of silence upon himself and he is loath to break it. As such, he will communicate through us. He has explained to us that he is skilled in interpreting the body language, thoughts and feelings of others. He says that his dedication to the Light of Il-Yannah guides his holy blade and that this dedication will keep foes aware of his presence. Thank you Valahad."

Pok nods, silently acknowledging the skill. Someone who could always track his movement, and someone who could always track his thought... It seemed time to begin honing his skills in earnest again, and the training these two could provide would be invaluable. Just attempting to hide from Lanharath, or guard thought or emotion from Valahad, could improve him.

Thusk was going to be an excellent companion, so long as he could attempt silence on occasions of import. His scary face, was truly scary to Pok, but he attempted to save face from his earlier fright at the Drow, and stood his ground.

My turn? Esoteric Arcane, and Religious knowledge, Slowing or stopping pursuers, robbing enemies of their sanity, and focus. General things all Wartime couriers should know.

[sblock=OOC]

seriously? really? A radar, and a lie detector? HA HA HA HA HAHA HHAHAHAHAHA

Pok is going to love/hate this.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Speaking quickly in the minds of each of his new companions, the kalashtar says, "Are we ready?"

Then only speaking to Lanharath, "I can handle short thoughts like that, but longer ones I'll ask for your assistance." Clasping his hands behind his back, the paladin steps to the side of the door. "Let's keep an eye on the gnome too. I am not sure I entirely trust him yet."

Kalidrev

First Post
Lanharath stands in the middle of his companions, concentrating hard at picking up their stray thoughts and asking appropriate questions to make those thoughts flit through their minds.

"We have no problem with reiterating your thoughts Valahad. We respect your commitment to keep your vow and we will do our best to assist you with it."

Lanharath turns and takes a few steps back so that he can address all of the group at once.

"Now that I have had a few moments to 'hear' your thoughts I have been able to determine where our strengths and weaknesses are going to be in this group:

Without a doubt, Pok here is our keeper of arcane knowlege. If we need to know anything about a magical creature, we need to speak with him. Our senses, enhanced as they are with our Mark of Detection, allow us to sense magical auras; the only thing magical in nature that we would be able to do better than our small wizard here.

River. Thusk. Both of you have a very athletic build and will do well if we have any physical impediments. The two of you bring more brawn to the group than the rest of us combined.

After sifting through Valahad's mind, we have been able to ascertain that he is, indeed, a master of social detection. In fact, most of us in this group are talented in this area, though we are not as skilled as Valahad. I feel sorry for any who attempt a lie near this group.

Both Valahand and River have an abundance of knowlege in the field of healing. They will have no troubles keeping us alive in practically any situation we encounter.

Pok, once again, is our master of knowledge. As ironic and somewhat funny as it is, our wizard knows more about religious symbols and texts than even those of us who practice what we preach.

Lastly, Pok and ourselves have skill in keeping quiet, though I will admit that his skills far exceed my own.

We are a well rounded group, though we do, still, have our weaknesses. None of us seem to have any knowledge of underground areas and we will not have any information on what kinds of hazards we are likely to face in those situations. We will do our best to keep us safe in these situations. We also do not have any information on what to expect in the wilderness so we will have to be on our guard. Hopefully these few weaknesses will not impede our mission.

Thank you for listening to what I have to say, it could be very important to remember who can do what given that we do not know exactly what we are walking into."

With that, Lanharath nods to each of his team-mates and walks out of the Tower's Shard, heading down to the ship.

[sblock= A little crunch to match the fluff]
I have taken the liberty of compiling a list of who was trained in what skill and what their bonuses were. Sometimes it nice to know who can do what and this can serve as a good reference for our group. I have given special recognition to those who have the highest bonus for a specific skill if it is 10 or higher. These will be colored green.

Acrobatics: Lanharath +9
Arcana: Pok +14
Athletics: River +5, Thusk +13
Bluff: ------ (none of us are good at lying or feinting)
Diplomacy: River +9, Valahad +13
Dungeoneering: ---- (none of us have knowledge of underground areas or hazards)
Endurance: River +5, Thusk +10
Heal: Valahad +11, River +13
History: ---- (none of us have knowledge of the distant past)
Insight: Pok +7, Lanharath +9, River +11!!, Valahad +15
Intimidate: Thusk +11
Nature ---- (none of us have knowledge of the wilderness)
Perception Lanharath +19
Religion: Valahad +6, Lanharath +7, River +8, Pok +12 (LOL!!)
Stealth: Lanharath +9, Pok +16
Streetwise: ---- (none of us are "in the loop" of city matters)
Thievery: ---- (all of us are honorable, non-thieving scoundrels =P )

We have a really diverse group with PLENTY of high skill rolls in varying areas. We should do well in both combat situations and social situations (at least for the most part). We're certainly not getting lied to, all of use (except for Thusk) are trained in Insight.

[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
As the group continues its discussions, Lady Pender smiles and says "Excellent, well it seems that I've got a capable group here and will leave you to any final plans you must make. Remember, be at the docks tomorrow morning at first light, Captain Dumain shall take you out aboard The Horrible Fall. Yes I agree his sense of humour is rather off, but he's a capable seaman and the route is an easy one. Good Luck" as she shakes your hands and departs the room.

[sblock=OOC]
I'll post an update tomorrow for the sea voyage provided nobody has any reason to delay
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=OOC] No reason here. Guess we'll all stay the night at the Tower's Shard before heading out in the morning ^_^ [/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Pok suddenly remembered his training on dealing with Kalashtar, he'd been lax. He began concentrating on trivial objects, the paper and pencil, retrieved once more for Lanharath's assessment. Paying more attention to his outer surroundings than his inner landscape. These were no normal Kalashtar either, his active mind would have to guard thoughts, they had probably already snatched information from casual observation.

And Lanharath had been trying, Pok hadn't even noticed.

Raising the hood up over his head, and hiding his face again, Pok counted backwards by seven. Scribbling notes quickly and maintaining the serial sevens. He'd review the notes later, when stray thoughts wouldn't be examined.

Suddenly the contract got very interesting... Each member of the group seemed a significant... STOP, *how am I going* Pok catches the mental slip, and begins counting back by nine's this time.

[sblock=100, 91, 82, 73, 64, 55, 46, 35...]

*This is a most glorious training excursion, and my superiors are going to hear about each member of this group for one reason or another... *

[/sblock]

Pok continues his exercise's, repetitive math, object focus, word problems. Keeping his thoughts careful, and constructed. Although, the exhilaration of a good challenge was not to be contained... and Pok smiled.

I'll place the House Sivis mark on the contract when you've drawn it up, I'll also wave the transaction fee. So only the component cost need be covered by you. The witness, Roswyn can be shown the contract at your leisure, she is in the common room.

Pok then exited after replacing the chair to it's proper place.

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
Lanharath smiles when he encounters the mental block in the form of repetitive subtraction. Curious, he tilts his head slightly to the left and concentrates on the gnome, sending a mental inquiry.

"We're sorry Pok! We don't mean to invade and would never purposefully penetrate the barriers your mind without your permission! We were only sifting through the stray thoughts that have little meaning to most of us so that we could get to know you a little better! (in an almost whisper sound) We usually only use that form of our training to detect when people (used loosely) are close by (as stray thoughts mean something with a mind is near). Please accept our most humble apology if we have offended you!"

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=before Pok has exited]

Pok actively forms thoughts to impress for the Kalashtar,
*I'm not offended, I'm delighted. Nothing personal about the block, House Sivis policy, we are aware Kalashtar are not being impolite when sifting. That is why it is our duty to filter our own thoughts, just as we would not say something without filtering it first.* The same emotional warmth is still present in Pok's mind.

*In fact, during our travels, I'd like to practice at guarding particular thoughts from you, as you actively try to get that thought. We will be playing games constantly, I'll hide, you seek, I'll hide thoughts, you seek. It will be better training that I've been provided in the past...* a stray thought, something about Roswyn, and best schools...

[sblock=Valahad]

The initial shock of realizing he'd been lax in his training has melted off Pok, and he is genuinely warm toward Lanharath. He doesn't seem offended or upset by the faux-intrusion.

You do get the sense that friendship is not all he is excited about when it comes to Lanharath and yourself.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Anyone with basic knowledge of House Sivis]

House Sivis does have a policy of censoring it's own words, and thoughts. In order to remain neutral in political matters.
(government secrets can't come bubbling to the top for just anyone to skim off...)

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads