[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leif

Adventurer
Gorlin Harlox

Gorlin moves to M7 and uses his Light of Arvandor encounter power, burst 1 centered in M4, so there are 4 enemies in the burst, L3, L4, M4, and N4. Attacks are:
Wisdom vs. Will attack, area burst 1 (1d20+3=14) against L3, and
Combined roll for attacks against L4, M4, N4, in that order. (1d20+3=18, 1d20+3=5, 1d20+3=11) against the other three. Looks like the best attacks are a 14 against L3 and an 18 against L4. (mere 5 against M4 and 11 against N4).

JUST REMEMBERED THE ONE ATTACK ROLL, MULTIMPLE DAMAGE ROLLS rule! So the first attack roll was 14 vs. Will. And, Ironically, the two damage rolls are the same. If there are more damage rolls needed, renau1g, feel free to make them (1d8+3) against M4 and N4

Two damage rolls, if needed, first against L3 then against L4. (1d8+3=8, 1d8+3=8)

There are no allies in this burst, so no one gets the AC bonus. I thought it was better to hit more enemies than to do that. Sorry, guys.

[sblock=stat block, Gorlin]
Gorlin Harlox
Dwarf Cleric 4 of The sovereign Host (But evidently he thinks he's a fighter)
HP 41/41
Bloodied: 20, Healing Surge Value: 10
Healing Surges per Day = 9/9
Str 17 (+3)
Con 15 (+1)
Dex 12
Int 10
Wis 17 (+3)
Cha 11
Feats:
Armor Proficiency (Scale) (1st)
Weapon Proficiency (bastard sword)(2nd)
Armor Proficiency (Plate) (4th)

Skills:
Dungeoneering (+3 trained, +2 racial)
Endurance (+3 trained, +2 racial)
Insight (+3 trained)

At Will Powers:
Priest’s Shield 1 (PH 63)
Righteous Brand 1 (PH 63)

Encounter Powers:
Numinous Shield 1 (Divine Power 31)
Light of Arvandor 3 (Divine Power 33)

Daily Powers:
Avenging Flame 1 (PH 64)

Utility Powers:
Cure Light Wounds 2 (PH 64) (Daily)

Gorlin is a member of the Dragonmarked House Kundarak (warding), but he has not manifested a Dragonmark yet.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Leif (and others)]Leif, no problem if you are not used to it.

Two things: the rule is multiple attack roll, one damage roll. So you probably hit L3 and L4 for 8 damages.

Also, N4 is Valahad, your ally. So, you didn't attack him, but instead give him +2 AC. That is a good move, as he is about to be the target from most enemies as he have Divine Challenged them all with his last action.

Looking at yoru character sheet, it seems the best move you could do. Continue the good work.

Also, what are the magical items you have?[/SBLOCK]

Leif

Adventurer
[SBLOCK=Leif (and others)]Leif, no problem if you are not used to it.

Two things: the rule is multiple attack roll, one damage roll. So you probably hit L3 and L4 for 8 damages.

Also, N4 is Valahad, your ally. So, you didn't attack him, but instead give him +2 AC. That is a good move, as he is about to be the target from most enemies as he have Divine Challenged them all with his last action.

Looking at yoru character sheet, it seems the best move you could do. Continue the good work.

Also, what are the magical items you have?[/SBLOCK]
[sblock=Velmont]Good question![/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]renau1g should know where it is. I truthfully am not absolutely positive, I've just mainly been working with my abbriviated version in the sblocks of my posts. It was in our rg the last time I checked.[/sblock]

A little help here, please, renau1g? :D

renau1g

First Post
River moves toward the melee. As he can see everyone, he curse the Halberd Wielder that is behind Valahad.

Gorlin moves up as well and calls upon the Light of The Sovereign Host to rain down upon his enemies and protect his allies. Valahad feels the warm glow of divine protection, while the staff wielder and both halberd wielders feel the wrath.

[sblock=Gorlin's Sheet]
Gorlin Harlox - ENWiki

Don't forget you're +6 using the implement (+3 wis, +2 1/2 lvl, +1 enchancement) Hits both the staff wielder and halberd wielders, misses mace-guy. You regain 12 hp from astral seal.
[/sblock]

Valahad calls out, his voice clear in his foe's mind above the sounds of battle and the panicked crowed, "You walk the path of darkness. If you continue on this path, you shall regret it. Make a different choice now while you still have the chance." Raising his shield to block any strikes, Valahad steps inside the reach of the halberd. He swings his longsword at the man. The weapon finds a gap in the man's defenses, striking a mighty blow.

[sblock=Gorlin]Please don't attack halberdier 1. I need the hp from River's astral seal power.[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Oath of enmity Halberdier 1.
Minor(traded from Move): Ardent Vow(+9 damage on next attack)
Standard: Valorous Smite vs Halberdier 1: Hits AC 27 for 27 damage. ardent strike/valorous smite vs halberdier 1 (1d20+10=17, 1d20+10=27, 2d8+14=27)

Since that hits even with his reduced defenses, I gain 12 hp(assuming Gorlin doesn't hit him.) All enemies within 3 squares are subject to my divine sanction(marked and 7 damage if not attacking me), which is all enemies.[/sblock]

His strike complete, the kalashtar speaks in the mind of his kalashtar ally. "I see to attracting some attention, can you get one of these guys off me?"

"Yes, of course, my friend," Lanharath says to Valahad. "Let us turn their advantage into ours. Il-Yannah has placed her wrath upon our foe two-fold. Let it be to his end!"

Pointing his sword at his foe, Lanharath invades the halberd wielders mind, attempting to block the image of everyone but him.

"We challenge you, evil doer! Come face the judgement of Il-Yannah and burn away your sins with her golden light!"

[sblock=OOC]
vs will (1d20 7=10)
1d20 7=27 *Crit*
[/sblock]

The halberd-wielder, magically compelled, walks toward Lanharath, putting Valahad at his back. Divine radiance erupts from the halberd-wielders soul and burns away some of the darkness eating away at his soul. The man falls over from the divine beating he's taken.

Another tent stake, speeds toward the staff man, causing him to roll toward Valahad once again!

This time, the phantom projectile lodges firmly in the man with the staff's eye. Causing pain to fire down his spine.

[sblock=OOC]
Mace Wielder 1 is dead. Halberd Wielder 1 is dead, Staff man is bloodied, Gorlin claimed the hp from the astral seal with his attack.

Mage attacks Valahad with a magic missile - 1d20 7=10, 2d4 4=7 Miss.

Halberd Wielder attacks Valahad - 1d20 10=29, 1d10 3=5 hits for 5 damage and you're knocked prone.

Mace Wielder attack Valahad - 1d20 4=21, 1d8 1=4 1d6=1 misses

Conditions:

All bad guys - marked by valahad
Val - bloodied

Initiative:
Valahad - 21 - 22/51 - bloodied
Lanharath - 20 - 43/43 + 5 thp
Pok - 19 - 22/32
Baddies - 13
River - 11 <- you're up - 29/39
Gorlin - 9 - 41/41

Illumination: The staff wielder carries a sunrod (bright light out to 20 squares).
Tents: Tents can be opened from any side. One tent wall provides cover; two provide superior cover.
Fallen Tent: This heap of canvas is difficult terrain.
Buildings: Shops and houses are blocking terrain.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 87

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Maybe I described my actions weirdly, but I wasn't supposed to have moved anywhere, instead, I had moved the bad-guy to me. I should still be at N-6. [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
River move behind his fallen comrade to see he is still alive and he has just been trip. Seeing his wounds bleeding, River lay his hands on him, feeling the pain of his companion. Valahad feels his wound closing, leaving only a few scare.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Move: M7-N6-O5-O4
Standard: Life Transferance On Valahad. River takes 9 damages and Valahad heals 25.

River: 20/39
Valahad: 47/51[/SBLOCK]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Nice job Velmont![/sblock]

As River's divine power courses through his body, the paladin nods at the shifter. Standing again, he speaks in the mace-wielder's mind. "You are overmatched. The light of Il-Yannah will illuminate you in death, if not in life." Parrying the weapon away, the paladin slashes at the mace-wielder's shoulder, drawing a line of blood.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Stand up
Minor: Oath of Enmity Mace wielder(lasts until end of this turn)
Standard: Righteous Smite vs mace wielder: righteous smite vs mace wielder (1d20+10=26, 1d20+10=29, 2d8+5=16) Hit for 16 damage. Lanharath, River, Gorlin and I gain 9 temp hp.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Valahad
Passive Perception: 16 Passive Insight: 27
HP: 47+9/51 Surge: 11/11(12)
AC: 23 F: 15 R: 16 W: 18
AP: 1
Valorous Strike
Enfeebling Strike
Ardent Strike****
Valorous Smite
Righteous Smite
Oath of Enmity

Divine Mettle
Bastion of Mental Clarity
Call of Challenge
Acidic Longsword
Majestic Halo
Dwarven Plate
Acidic Longsword
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Lanharath steps next to his Kalashtar ally and grins wickedly at the mace wielder.

"Those who would face two of Us at once is bound to feel the wrath of Il-Yannah. The Great Light demands perfection, and has found you wanting. The dawn comes and Her light approaches. Run and hide in the darkness of night or turn and face the sun!"

Swinging his sword horizontally at chest level, a line of blood is drawn and Lanharath mentally directs Valahad once again; this time towards the new opening Lanharath created in his foes armor.

"Strike now our silent friend! Show him Her light in these dark times!"

[sblock=Actions]
- Move Action: Move from... wherever Lan happens to be... to the square east of and adjacent to Valahad (south-east from the mace-wielder).
- Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on Mace-Wielder.
- Standard Action: Uses Leading Strike on Mace-wielder and deals 11 damage. (I forgot to include my Unity bonus for Valahad being adjacent to my oath of enmity, so it's not included in the roll, but is listed in the total above). Valahad gains +3 to damage against OUR oath of enmity (muahaha) (total of +4 with my Divine Distraction feat as long as the mace-wielder remains adjacent to me)[/sblock]

[sblock=Valahad] I used (and hit) with Leading Strike against the Mace Wielder, so you gain a +4 bonus to damage against him next time you hit him. (+3 bonus if he is no longer adjacent to me when you do so). [/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Lanharath d'Medani XP 3750
Male Kalashtar Avenger 4
Medium natural humanoid
Initiative +2; Senses Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 27
HP 45/45 + 9 THP, Bloodied 22, Surge Value 11, Surges 8/8
AC 19 (21 while bloodied); Fortitude 15, Reflex 17, Will 19
Saving Throws +2 to all saving throws while bloodied (Bloodthread Cloth Armor +1)
Resist 10 Force
Speed 6
Melee Basic Attack with Vicious Longsword: +7 vs AC; 1d8+3 damage
Ranged Basic Attack with Repeating Crossbow: +4 vs AC; 1d8 damage

Powers:
Bond of Censure, Leading Attack
Bastion of Mental Clarity
Abjure Undead
/Divine Guidance
Oath of Enmity
Pass at Arms
Fury's Advance
Loyal Sanction

Strength of Many

Bloodthread Cloth Armor Bloodied Property - Not in effect at this time.
Brooch of Shielding Daily

Note: Due to Lanharath's Divine Distraction feat, if Lanharath is adjacent to his Oath of Enmity target, all allies gain a +1 bonus to damage against Lanharath's Oath of Enmity target. You do NOT have to be adjacent to the Oath of Enmity target to gain this bonus, but it is appreciated (see below for an explanation of why)!

Second Note: Due to Lanharath's Censure of Unity class ability, he gains a +1 bonus to damage (against his oath of enmity) for every ally that is adjacent to his oath of enmity. PLEASE get adjacent to Lanharath's Oath of Enmity as much as possible, thanks!

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads