[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

renau1g

First Post
"Arawai, help us!" tells River. At that moment, Lanharath, Pok and Gorlin feels the power of the goddess flowing through them.

Gorlin struggles against the effects of the thunder, managing to finally shake off the ill effects.

[sblock=OOC]save (vs daze) (1d20=20) I'll have Gorlin take a total defense, at end of turn you save against the daze.
[/sblock]

Valahad lets his quori spirit take control for a moment, giving it access to his consciousness after the dizzying blow from the mace wielder. His heritage doesn't help, the blow was just too great.

The paladin steps toward the mace wielder, his intial swing is blocked by the metal haft of the mace, but he gains leverage and force and is able to thrust the tip of his glowing blade towards the chest of the of the man, drawing blood.

Seeing his foe retreat from him, Lanharath matches his foes steps. Thrusting forward with his sword, he pierces his foes armor and leaves a nasty gash it its side. Motioning to Valahad, he mentally instructs his team-mate in where to attack his foe, showing him mental pictures of where to attack. However, the aid isn't needed as Lanharath's blade severs the mans femorial artery and he falls to the ground, dead in moments.

The force holding the tent taut, and providing cover for Pok suddenly drops! The man with the staff looks just in time to see the small smile on the face of his gnome enemy turn ugly.

Suddenly with lightning speed the man with the staff catches a tent stake dislodge from the ground and hurtle toward his eye-socket! He dives out of the way, only at the last moment noticing he is diving INTO the way?! The tent pole passes through the eye, just as he falls into the fading illusion of the dark dragon.

The tent is suddenly Taut again after the flurry of casting is over, continuing to provide the gnome cover.

The mage steps back from the paladin and fires off a bolt of lightning at Valahad, causing his nerves to scream in pain, as it continues on to Lanharath who ducks the bolt and Pok, who sidesteps the attack.

The halberd wielders both clang their weapons off of Valahad's enchanted plate as does the mace wielding man.

[sblock=OOC]
Mace Wielder 1 is dead.

Mace Wielders attack Valahad - vs ac; dmg (1d20+6=7, 1d8+1+1d6=10) Miss.

Mage attacks Valahad, Lanharath and Pok with Dancing Lightning- vs ref: val, lan, Pok, lightning dmg (1d20+7=17, 1d20+7=15, 1d20+7=16, 1d6+4=9) Hits only Valahad for 9 damage

Halberd Wielders attack Valahad - H1 ; dmg; H2; dmg (1d20+12=18, 1d10+3=8, 1d20+10=19, 1d10+3=9) They both miss, but recharge their power.

Conditions:

Valahad - +2 to saving throws (TENT?)

Initiative:
Valahad - 21 - 27/51
Lanharath - 20 - 43/43
Pok - 19 - 22/32
Baddies - 13
River - 11 <- you're up - 31/41
Gorlin - 9 - 31/41

Illumination: The staff wielder carries a sunrod (bright light out to 20 squares).
Tents: Tents can be opened from any side. One tent wall provides cover; two provide superior cover.
Fallen Tent: This heap of canvas is difficult terrain.
Buildings: Shops and houses are blocking terrain.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 922
Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
River move toward the melee. As he can see everyone, he curse the Halberd Wielder that is behind Valahad.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Does Lanharath have taken his 5 temporary hit point from Hymn of Resurgence?

Also, please note that the maximum HP of River is now 39, so he should be at 29/39 at the moment.

Move: Move to L8

Standard: Astral Seal on Halberd Wielder 1: Astral Seal (Refl) (1d20+10=27) Hit. He get -2 to all defences UENT. The first person to hit him will gain 12 hp.[/SBLOCK]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valahad calls out, his voice clear in his foe's mind above the sounds of battle and the panicked crowed, "You walk the path of darkness. If you continue on this path, you shall regret it. Make a different choice now while you still have the chance." Raising his shield to block any strikes, Valahad steps inside the reach of the halberd. He swings his longsword at the man. The weapon finds a gap in the man's defenses, striking a mighty blow.

[sblock=Gorlin]Please don't attack halberdier 1. I need the hp from River's astral seal power.[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Oath of enmity Halberdier 1.
Minor(traded from Move): Ardent Vow(+9 damage on next attack)
Standard: Valorous Smite vs Halberdier 1: Hits AC 27 for 27 damage. ardent strike/valorous smite vs halberdier 1 (1d20+10=17, 1d20+10=27, 2d8+14=27)

Since that hits even with his reduced defenses, I gain 12 hp(assuming Gorlin doesn't hit him.) All enemies within 3 squares are subject to my divine sanction(marked and 7 damage if not attacking me), which is all enemies.[/sblock]

His strike complete, the kalashtar speaks in the mind of his kalashtar ally. "I see to attracting some attention, can you get one of these guys off me?"

[sblock=Lanharath]Can you get me out of this flank, with out taking me out of range of being able to attack halberdier 1(he's my oath target too! :D[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Valahad
Passive Perception: 16 Passive Insight: 27
HP: 41/51 Surge: 11/11(12)
AC: 23 F: 15 R: 16 W: 18
AP: 1
Valorous Strike
Enfeebling Strike
Ardent Strike****
Valorous Smite
Righteous Smite
Oath of Enmity
Divine Mettle
Bastion of Mental Clarity
Call of Challenge
Acidic Longsword
Majestic Halo
Dwarven Plate
Acidic Longsword
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=renau1g] You still have me listed as having 33/43 hp... I thought we cleared up that little detail with my brooch? =P [/sblock]

"Yes, of course, my friend," Lanharath says to Valahad. "Let us turn their advantage into ours. Il-Yannah has placed her wrath upon our foe two-fold. Let it be to his end!"

Pointing his sword at his foe, Lanharath invades the halberd wielders mind, attempting to block the image of everyone but him.

"We challenge you, evil doer! Come face the judgement of Il-Yannah and burn away your sins with her golden light!"

OOC: If the attack hits, use the following as extra ^_^

The halberd-wielder, magically compelled, walks toward Lanharath, putting Valahad at his back. Divine radiance erupts from the halberd-wielders soul and burns away some of the darkness eating away at his soul.

[sblock=Actions]
- Move: From N6 to P4 (provokes Attack of Op if the halberd-wielder dares invoke the wrath of Valahad's Divine Challene/Sanction.

- Standard: Lanharath uses Bond of Censure on Halberd-wielder 1 (+7 vs Will; pull target between Valahad and I on a hit. If the Halberd-wielder ends up adjacent to me, he takes 1d10 radiant damage (+3 for vulnerability). IC is down, please roll for me, renaug1g. Halberd-wielder 1 is my Oath of Enmity Target, so roll 1d20 twice and take the better result please.

- Minor: None
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Lanharath d'Medani XP 3750
Male Kalashtar Avenger 4
Medium natural humanoid
Initiative +2; Senses Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 27
HP 45/45, Bloodied 22, Surge Value 11, Surges 8/8
AC 19 (21 while bloodied); Fortitude 15, Reflex 17, Will 19
Saving Throws +2 to all saving throws while bloodied (Bloodthread Cloth Armor +1)
Resist 10 Force
Speed 6
Melee Basic Attack with Vicious Longsword: +7 vs AC; 1d8+3 damage
Ranged Basic Attack with Repeating Crossbow: +4 vs AC; 1d8 damage

Powers:
Bond of Censure, Leading Attack
Bastion of Mental Clarity
Abjure Undead
/Divine Guidance
Oath of Enmity
Pass at Arms
Fury's Advance
Loyal Sanction
Strength of Many

Bloodthread Cloth Armor Bloodied Property - Not in effect at this time.
Brooch of Shielding Daily

Note: Due to Lanharath's Divine Distraction feat, if Lanharath is adjacent to his Oath of Enmity target, all allies gain a +1 bonus to damage against Lanharath's Oath of Enmity target. You do NOT have to be adjacent to the Oath of Enmity target to gain this bonus, but it is appreciated (see below for an explanation of why)!

Second Note: Due to Lanharath's Censure of Unity class ability, he gains a +1 bonus to damage (against his oath of enmity) for every ally that is adjacent to his oath of enmity. PLEASE get adjacent to Lanharath's Oath of Enmity as much as possible, thanks!

[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
You're right Kal, I've fixed it above.

Need an action from Pok and Gorlin to complete the round (ideally I'd like to get a round update before the weekend)
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

If I don't post an action before you want to update, Pok will Phantom Bolt the staff man (with CA from phantom echoes) free action to use wand of accuracy before. Slide him next to one of our melee folks...

[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Thus far, I'm much happier with Valahad. The mechanics seem to match more with his personality. He can defend well, which I've done and deal damage too(see this round). I'd like to see how this extends beyond this fight to see if this continues. The party seems to help him(and others too) River helps to heal him and Lanharath teams up on targets I've engaged. This group can be really dangerous I think.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC, renau1g]
Sorry, man, I am just totally lost here. Maybe you'd better npc Gorlin? You might even want to phase him out as soon as you are able to conveniently do so. That really chaps me, too! I am really wanting to play 4E and ESPECIALLY in an Eberron setting![/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Another tent stake, speeds toward the staff man, causing him to roll toward Valahad once again!

This time, the phantom projectile lodges firmly in the man with the staff's eye. Causing pain to fire down his spine.

[sblock=OOC]

free Wand of accuracy, +3 to this attack

phantom bolt with CA from Phantom Echo, 25 vs will, for 13 psychic damage and slide the Staff Man next to Valahad again.

[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads