[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Lanharath said:
Lanharath switches his vision back to the normal spectrum having noted all of the magical fields in the area (Were there any others besides the bracers?) and looks over to his companion. Walking over to Valahad, he hands him the bracers and clasps his brethren by the arm.

"We think you would do well to wear these bracers, friend. The magic that imbues these wrist guards will add an extra oomph to your already impressive sword swing. May they serve us well by serving you best."

"Thank you brother. The Light of Il-Yannah shines upon us this day. We have easily vanquished the foes of the Dark that have challenged us. We have been rewarded for our efforts. These bracers shall allow me defend you and our allies better, as they see me as a larger threat."

Valahad "hears" the inquiries of his alllies. "Yes, we shall speak with them. We will see if they are hiding anything."

renau1g said:
"Well met, and thank you for a timely intervention. We'd heard rumours of these cultists, but didn't think they were this close. If you hadn't aided them we might've arrived too late. I am Emesha, servant of the Silver Flame." she says.

"You are welcome Lady," Valahad says speaking into her mind. "These cultists took the good people here by surprise. We stopped them, with little effort. We'll come with you to the Church, but may I ask why you weren't here tending to these people's needs?"

[sblock=ooc]Passive Insight: 27. Thanks! Added Iron Armbands of Power to CS![/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
(Were there any others besides the bracers?)

[sblock=OOC]
No, well besides all the magical gear on each of the PCs.
[/sblock]

"You are welcome Lady," Valahad says speaking into her mind. "These cultists took the good people here by surprise. We stopped them, with little effort. We'll come with you to the Church, but may I ask why you weren't here tending to these people's needs?"

"It is nightfall, we were retiring for the evening. We have provided food and temporary shelter to ease their suffering, I do not like the insinuation kalashter, we've spent the better part of a month aiding them. Your kind is known for being able to root out liars and I am sure you can tell that I am being truthful, now if we can, please let us adjourn to the church. The ministers here will look after the refugees, while we discuss this matter further." Emesha says, her voice taking a hard edge to it

[sblock=Valahad]
You do not feel she is holding anything back
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"Yes, the wounded are in good care. The ones we could save are out of danger, we can go now." replies Rivers. He grabs the Battle Standard of Jorasco, taking it out of the ground, his magic fading away.

renau1g

First Post
Emesha leads your way back to the church of the Silver Flame, walking briskly as the suns begins to fall below the horizon.

[sblock=Building]
old-church.jpg

[/sblock]

Opening the front doors she leads the group with her to the main worship area, shooing the acolytes tending to the room. There are small rows of pews on either side and a large symbol of the Silver Flame on the wall. She gestures for you to have a seat in one of the front rows and she removes her helmet, setting it on a large pulpit at the front of the room.

[sblock=Emesha]
fwarrior.jpg

[/sblock]

"I will get right to the point as time is something we don't appear to be in great supply of. Our order fights the Kyhberites at every turn, but still the cult’s strength grows. Our hope a year ago was that striking at the heart of the cult would grant us an advantage. That hope has been dashed until now—should you decide to aid us. We need a group willing to seek a paladin named Jaryn, lost across the frontier. Your actions, putting yourselves in danger to defend others, makes me hopeful that you might undertake this quest" the female says, looking to each of you expectantly.

[sblock=Pok]
Your insight tells you she's telling the truth
[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
*Seek, that is a neutral word, then what happens?*

[sblock=OOC]

Leaving a guard, with a bell, back at the camp?

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"A rescue mission. I have done it more than once during the war. What was Jaryn mission when he dissapeared? Did he left alone or with a party?" asks River.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Even if River is not suspicious (i.e. he won't do any active Insight roll), he is still hard to bluff (Passive Insight: 21). Just a reminder.[/SBLOCK]

renau1g

First Post
"We would hope to find out the status of his quest and aid him if necessry to end the Khyber threat. The Cult of the Dragon Below cannot be allowed to continue their spread." she replies.

renau1g

First Post
"A rescue mission. I have done it more than once during the war. What was Jaryn mission when he dissapeared? Did he left alone or with a party?" asks River.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Even if River is not suspicious (i.e. he won't do any active Insight roll), he is still hard to bluff (Passive Insight: 21). Just a reminder.[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=Insight DC5]
She's telling the truth (Just figured before I'd pre-emptively strike trying to anticipate Pok)
[/sblock]

"While our order defends the villages of the frontier, Jaryn and four companions sought to take the battle to the heart of the cult. Khyber’s faithful are based in a great temple in the Shadow Marches. The Pillars of Madness, they call it. Jaryn swore to break the cult by destroying its leaders." Emesha repliesm then adds “Four faithful of The Flame aided him—Andressa and Annika, sister-clerics of our order; the fighter Kelma; and Dajani, a kalashter sworn to the Flame’s cause"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads