[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velmont

First Post
"Sheeva" said River on a calm voice. "From the start of this mission, I have made my statement clear. I have never taken a weapon and I will never do it, you like it or not. It is a choice I have made and my powers hold on that vow. If I break my vow, Arawai will answer my prayers no more.

Pok spoke wisely, our strength is in number. But to be strong, we must stand united. We must work so everyone will come back alive, and that means some things won't go the way you like, as they won't go as I like either. Because there is thing that happen that I don't like to see."
he tells, pointing at the Pyre that is burning on the other side of the wall. His voice is still calm, but firm. "So put your ego aside if you want to be part of this team. During the Last War, I have seen too many people dying because of someone playing the heroes, putting himself and his desire in front of his unit. If I would have been standing in front of you and Pok, Valahad would have probably get killed during this combat. You could have stand in front of Pok too, but you didn't have done it either. But you skill ask to stay behind to be effective, so I don't blame you. For me, I need to see everyone, has everyone could fall under the arrows and mace of our enemies."

River make a pause to make sure Sheeva register the information. "So, do you want to go alone against that cult, or you want to be part of the team?"

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Ego? What I like? This isn't about what I like!" Sheeva screams at River.

Lowering her voice:

"You ... You don't understand... Pok... People like you never understand River. You're all about order and units and doing what you think right no matter who gets hurt. Your vows. Your desires. Your egos. Your houses. Your gods. And when the fighting's all over, you dispassionately walk away. Didn't the last war affect you at all?"

Turning to Lan:

"Lan ... " Sheeva runs out into the night, tears streaming down her face.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Feall looks around the room, somewhat taken aback at the sudden rush of emotion.

First me, then Sheeva . . . are all Drow so emotional? I never have been until my recent outburst.

"I take it she is new to this group as well? You all still know her better than I . . . Shall I step outside and see if she will speak with me? Maybe as another 'newcomer'?"

Kalidrev

First Post
Mouth agape, Lan looks at Pok, Valahad, and then River. Mind racing, Lan runs after Sheeva, completely dumbfounded as to why in the world his statements would have caused her to cry.

"Sheeva! Wait! Don't go! It's not safe to be out here on your own!"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Never mind . . . I'll just step out the door and keep an eye out, shall I? Carry on, gentlemen."

With these words, the slender Drow steps out the door but doesn't go far. His superior night vision easily pierces the darkness and he keeps an eye out for his new acquaintances . . . his potential new friends.

Velmont

First Post
River looks at Sheeva running away. "Understand..." tells River to himself "I agree I don't understand. I don't understand this world."

After a moment. "Lan, I suggest you takes Fael with you and bring her back here. You are right telling this place is not safe, and I know you will find her, and Fael could probably convince her to come back.

I think it's start to be too late to continue, so let's sleep here. While you go fetch Sheeva, Val, Pok and I will make sure to barricade this place to prevent any intruder to enter while keeping a way to escape easily. Does that sounds good with everyone?"

Kalidrev

First Post
Lanharath nods to River while waving Fael to follow on. Lan speaks to Fael using his innate telepathy.

"My senses are so attuned that I can pretty much sense what is around me, even in the dark...but you truly can. Could you please assist me and try to calm down Sheeva?"

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"I'm over here Lan." Sheeva says wearily.

Lan and Faell find Sheeva sitting with her back to a tree in the densest, darkest section of nearby trees.

"Please go back inside Faell. I am totally safe here. Hobgoblins don't have as good vision as we do and besides, Lan can hear a dog fart on the other side of the village." Sheeva tries to laugh and be upbeat, but it sounds forced.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Very well, Sheeva. You two call out if there's trouble."

Feall returns to the house to be out of earshot and give the two privacy to talk, but stays just outside in case of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads