[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Sheeva walks back into house, still clearly distraught but more in control:

"I apologize to you Val and River for yelling at you. I was upset and didn't need lectures back from the team, but it was still unfair of me to take it out on the two of you. It won't happen again.

"Never again." Sheeva whispers as she makes her bedroll up nears Pok's fort.

After a few moments of silence, Sheeva turns towards Pok and whispers:

"Pok. Promise me that you will stay behind me in combat from now on."

"Promise me!" She whispers more insistently, none of her usual joy apparent in her unusually serious looking expression.

CaBaNa

First Post
Smiling and shaking, the gnome begins to answer, A... then he stops. His facial expression is suddenly careful, [sblock=Bluff Check 24]Pok thinks about his feelings, and shoves them into place. This was unacceptable behavior...* What would father say? I'll never get ahead if I keep up with this. Roswyn isn't off philandering with handsome drow.* [/sblock] Pok feels more comfortable doing his duty, rather than having a social interaction, I can't make that promise, however Pok Sivis is a survivor. Never worry about me, seen the back end of enemy lines more than the front... Pok smiles at the last bit, then does his best to fade into the corner of his fort.

[sblock=OOC]

24 bluff !!!CRIT!!!
27 stealth

[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
16 insight

[/sblock]

Not catching on to Pok's hiding of his feelings and stung by his refusal, Sheeva continues on:

"Never worry? You didn't see yourself lying on the ground in a pool of blood Pok d'Sivis! You weren't the one who almost ..." Sheeva hisses in a low voice.

Composing herself:

"You rely too much on River's ability to heal Pok. All of you do. All of you take too many risks. And none of you care if it's one risk too many." she whispers.

Standing up suddenly, Sheeva goes over and picks up the potion of healing and puts it in her pouch.

Drained by the day's activities, Sheeva comes back to her bedroll, moves it away from Pok, and lies down to meditate, but meditation is very elusive in her current emotional state.

Velmont

First Post
River nods at Sheeva as she apologize. Deciding that the wisest thing to do is just to let everyone digest what happen during the night.

River takes a chair and put it in front of the window and sit down and start to stare at the night, waiting for his body to become tired before thinking of sleeping. His body was still on the adrenaline of the fight and his mind was still wandering on the discussion that just happen.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Well, this is an interesting group and no mistake! I wonder what I've gotten myself into.

Feall finds a corner out of the way and composes himself for rest, turning the events of the evening over in his mind . . . not so much the fight, as he'd been in plenty of those, but the reactions of his new acquaintances afterwards. The males had plainly been together for some time and were used to each other, but Sheeva - that most intriguing, only female Drow he'd ever met - plainly had some problems.

I'll keep an eye on her. Only because I need to know how she'll react under stress, of course . . .

With these thoughts, he entered his meditative state fully and began his rest.

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Great RP guys, I regret missing it.[/sblock]

Valahad steps over to help Lan investigate the villager. As his friend yells, trying to cow him into giving up info, the paladin keeps his eyes on the villager.

With Sheeva's outburst, Valahad wonders what her intentions were. If he were to leap to their rescue, things may have been worse. As strong as he was, Lanharath could not fight the two bugbears and the spellcaster on his own. He would have been overwhelmed quickly, and they would have on to Pok, River, and Sheeva quickly.

When the drow's tears start flowing, and she runs out into the night, Valahad, considers running after her. Lanharath goes though, and he was needed here to help barricade the dwelling.

After moving things about to make the place as defensible as possible, Valahad steps outside, to see the pair returning. Feall stands outside, and the kalashtar removes his helm, holding it under one arm. Speaking in Feall's mind he says, "Sorry for my rudeness earlier. I am Valahad. If you object to me speaking like this let me know. I have a vow of silence."

"I apologize to you Val and River for yelling at you. I was upset and didn't need lectures back from the team, but it was still unfair of me to take it out on the two of you. It won't happen again.

Valahad merely nods at the woman. He hopes she doesn't take his silence as anger.

Valahad walks to the table and takes up the potion that Pok recommended for him. Uncorking the vial, he sniffs it's contents. Satisfied, he recorks it, and puts it in a belt pouch.

The paladin steps next to River in the chair, nudging the shifter awake. "I'll take first watch. Why don't you find a place to lie down."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Speaking in Feall's mind he says, "Sorry for my rudeness earlier. I am Valahad. If you object to me speaking like this let me know. I have a vow of silence."

Feall looks somewhat uncomforable, but visibly steels himself for the conversation. "It is . . . unusual. I suspect it will take some getting used to. It would help if I knew how it works. Do you read my thoughts? If so, is there any way I can keep you from doing so? And can I communicate with you without speaking? I can see possible uses for such a skill."

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
"The connection only allows communication, I cannot read your thoughts. You can communicate back in the same way, just focus your thoughts towards me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads