• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Roleplay] This HAS been a great 4 pages of RP. I've enjoyed every bit of it (including the not so nice parts between us...the tension of this group is awesome and we're holding together only by a thread.) We'll have to see if all of this eventually brings us closer together! :D [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The group prepares their defenses in the event that another assault is imminent and the night is spent in tense anxiousness. Those that do fall asleep find their minds clouded with images of a great dragon of pure shadow chasing them through caverns underground. The end result of the dream is the same, you are cornered and the dragon devours you, leaving little more than a dessicated husk.

Perren has a breakfast ready for you to take on your journey, "We'll be heading out of here, not sure if the town'll be left after they come back looking fer ya. I'd say good luck, but it ain't gonna do much good." he says, ushering you out of the house. The horses are ready and the townsfolk have a mix of anger and fear on their faces as you depart from the tiny village of Erstlin. The Graywall Mountains lie ominously in front of you as you set out.

[sblock=ooc]
You don't gain the benefits of an extended rest due to the hobgoblins curse. However that last battle was a milestone so you do gain 1 AP and an additional use of a daily magic item. P.S. I just want to reiterate that I thought everyone did a great job with the RP'ing.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Alright, so you're 2/3's of the way through to success, but also 2/3's of the way to failure.

You are about to enter into the Graywall Mountains and after that the monstrous nation of Droaam - this opens up History checks as an additional skill - this skill provides a +2 bonus on another's Nature check (to remember a path through the range). It will also provide you with some additional info.

Also - Perception is now to follow the trail of the strike team from last night

So to recap - Skills - Required: Everyone must make Endurance Checks, DC is only 15 though as you've managed to spend the night indoors and despite the dreams you are somewhat rested. Also, one person must make a nature check (can be aided by others).

Additional Primary Skills: Perception, Heal (no successes, but grants a +2 on anothers Endurance check), History (no successes, but grants a +2 on anothers Nature check), Religion (info about the curse and options to break it). Athletics is another option to navigate the mountain pass.

Skill Challenge: Locate the Black March

12 successes before 6 failures: 8 successes, 4 failure

Days 6 - x - Results:
Lan -
River -
Sheeva -
Pok -
Valahad -
Feall -
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Lanharath scouts ahead, trying to keep an eye on the trail of the strike team ahead of them. He looks back anxiously at Sheeva, looking almost apologetic for what she went through the night before. He wasn't sure if her comment to him last night was because she was scared, or because she wanted to feel protected, or what... but he was determined to keep a keen eye out for anything and everything that could pose a harm to her and the rest of the group.

Being that Lanharath was a Kalashtar, he did not dream, as he and his second soul was cast out of the Plane of Dreams forever. And although the magical curse caused him to see visions of the dark dragon underground, his second soul protected his mind. If it weren't for his worry for Sheeva, he may have actually gotten a good nights rest. Regardless, he woke up feeling refreshed and ready to travel, the sun and heat of the day feeling good on his skin, rather than taxing.

[sblock=Actions] Lan rolls a 35 perception check and critted (23) his Endurance Check. [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
River is awake early. His night was short. Too short. It was related to his nightmare. He first thought it was related to the discussion he had last night, but when he saw everyone also tired and they report there dream, the healer started to understand. "That's not normal... we all had disturbing dreams during the night. That must be related to the last breath of the boss of our attackers. A curse probably. That kind of curse sound familiar... I might remember a thing..." he tells, thinking hard. He pack his things and follow the team, keeping thinking to that, and giving a prayer to Arawai to answer his questions.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Endurence, Religion (1d20+4=19, 1d20+10=16) If the religion check is a DC 15, we can all thanks the Flames for giving me the phylactery.[/SBLOCK]

CaBaNa

First Post
Pok wakes up, for the hundredth time. Only now, everyone is stirring. Unrolling his cloak, and picking up any items that came loose throughout the night, the gnome prepares for his day. *I should have hidden from the dragon, not run, never run, you'll just get chased. Last night, yesterday evening, was exhilarating, I spoke to Sheeva! Even said she was pretty! How many times has that happened? Well, without Roswyn prodding the conversation along, it hasn't.* Pok crawls over a chair, and then under another, and crawls on his hands until his feet come free of the fort. Good *cough**Hrm* Good Morning! Pok looks wrinkled and disheveled, it's obvious he flitted about all night.

The diminutive wizard looked at his clothes, rolling his eyes, and gave a few short runic words. Suddenly his clothes looked clean pressed, each fold of his robes clean and tidy. Sharp.

Pok reporting... Not much, had a crazy dream though. *Don't look, don't look...* his head scans the room, locking onto Sheeva, *You looked! Bad Pok! Father said don't fall in love with spies... He never chastised enjoying ones company, or liking them...*

Pok approached Sheeva, Good Morning Sheeva. Pok spots the tell-tale signs of bad rest. His concern is staggeringly obvious, he frets for a moment before settling in on a course of action. Sheeva, I'm starting with you. River, care to work together in ridding everyone of their unnatural pallor? Pok moves toward Sheeva, apprehensively, and shaking, but step by step he draws near.

Um, a, uh... *Uh, a, um, da da, the, BACK POK BACK! ASK! I'm trying... ah...* Pok looks as if he is just about to run away, when he suddenly blurts MayItouchyourback?! all at once the words left Pok's mouth, impossibly louder than he was expecting, causing him to jump in fear of himself. AH! yipped Pok, looking for an escape, but it was too late. He'd already asked...

[sblock=If Sheeva says yes]

Pok lightly touch's several places on Sheeva's back. Moving a little too fast, *I'm touching her! Wow, she's soft...* Pok's brain feels like it's overloaded, exploding! He manages to slow his hands down slightly, and begins putting pressure on different muscles, opening the blood-flow, releasing tension, and working knots out of muscle.
His face a ghostly white, except the strip of pink gracing both the gnomes cheeks.

[/sblock]

[sblock=If Sheeva says no]

Pok looks a bit relieved, but disappointed. *Rejection. What's new.* The little gnome wanders back to his fort for breakfast, and follows silently as the group departs.

[/sblock]

(Either way...)

Pok works with River to dispel whatever fell magic, or divine taint, had befallen the group.

[sblock=OOC]

8 Bluff to hide any feelings from the group.
21 Heal on Sheeva.
9 History to identify Graywall mts, and Droaam.
22 Religion to identify curse and how to break

Wait to see if anyone assists Pok on endurance before making the check, but here is the roll to speed up the process.

[sblock=results don't peak until you've decided if you were helping Pok...]

Now that Pok is protecting someone, it seems he is putting on a show.

19 endurance

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"I'm sorry Pok. I'm not sure what you are asking. Do I have an unnatural pallor?" Sheeva laughs.

"More like an unnaturally sharp tongue." her laugh is more throaty now.

"Wait a second. Do you think that hobgoblin cursed me last night? Is that why I knocked over the witch's kettle?"

After a few seconds pause with everyone looking at her.

"What? You guys never heard of knocking over the witch's kettle? Got mad? Where did you all grow up?"

"That must be it. That damn hobgoblin cursed me." Sheeva exclaims.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I think you can only do one of your three roll (Between History, Heal and Religion), not the three, at least not during one turn of a skill challenge. Renau1g?[/SBLOCK]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Correct. Only 1/round. We'll use the first roll you made (which consequently is a 19) for the challenge (bluff is just your own fluff) so pick which skill you'd like to have used.
[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads