[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: {Can I use this type bracket to indicate thinking at Val/Lan?}

IC:

{Subtle . . . I can do subtle, with some practice.}

He smiles broadly at Val's jest.

Velmont

First Post
"I don't feel like sleeping yet." replies River to Val. "The flames have been fighting the lycanthrope for some times. During his crusade, they killed half of my parent's tribe, the other half flee and my family end in a small village of Cyre. The Last War was about nonsense, and the nation where I was born was annihilated. I don't even know where my family is, if they survived. My life is surrounded by useless death. I don't want be the cause of such death. That's why I made my vow.

But what happen if my vow prevent me to defend someone and he dies..."
River become silent and looks at the stars again.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Sheeva sits up with a start and then suddenly walks over to Feall and sits down next to him and says quietly:

"Sorry you had to witness all of that. I'm usually pretty level headed, but our group made a serious tactical mistake in that fight and it almost cost me, err, us dearly. Now that you will be joining us for a while, the group dynamics will change a bit."

"Since it's quiet again, I wanted to talk to you about Xen’drik. What's it like?" Sheeva asks.

Kalidrev

First Post
After seeing Sheeva move her bedding away from Pok, Lanharath sets up his sleeping gear on the opposite side of the hiding gnome.

"Well, that was certainly an interesting night, wasn't it Pok? Hopefully we won't have to deal with another like that tomorrow..." Lan smirks mentally and then lays down and passes out.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Sheeva sits up with a start and then suddenly walks over to Feall and sits down next to him and says quietly:

"Sorry you had to witness all of that. I'm usually pretty level headed, but our group made a serious tactical mistake in that fight and it almost cost me, err, us dearly. Now that you will be joining us for a while, the group dynamics will change a bit."

"Since it's quiet again, I wanted to talk to you about Xen’drik. What's it like?" Sheeva asks.

"I must admit, it's got me wondering what I'm letting myself in for. And you should know ahead of time I'm not used to fighting as a part of a group. Sure, in the troupe we performed together - including staged combats - but when it came time for serious stuff my missions were always carried out solo."

He pauses to see the effect his words are having on the other Drow. Conflict, bitterness tinged with wistfulness and love, enter the young man's voice as he continues.

"About Xen'drik, I have seen very little. I was raised in Stormreach by 'normal' elves, and my father spent much of my childhood trying to teach me to be 'normal' as well so I could live in this world while remaining Drow enough to maintain my usefulness. You are the only other Drow I've ever seen."

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valahad nods to River. "I understand you, and your vow. Others don't know how we've sacrificed, or what we sacrifice to keep our convictions." The kalashtar turns his gaze to Sheeva, who was currently talking to the newcomer. "Some respond in anger, others ignorance. When they understand our sacrifices, the Age will Turn. Arawai and The Host keep your eyes keen. I will lie down for a bit. That battle took more out of me than I care to admit."

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"I must admit, it's got me wondering what I'm letting myself in for. And you should know ahead of time I'm not used to fighting as a group. Sure, in the troupe we performed together - including staged combats - but when it came time for serious stuff my missions were always carried out solo."

"Well, if you want tactical advice, you should talk to ..., well, someone in the group other than myself. Probably Val since he's knightly." Sheeva's demeanor is friendly.

"About Xen'drik, I have seen very little. I was raised in Stormreach by 'normal' elves, and my father spent much of my childhood trying to teach me to be 'normal' as well so I could live in this world while remaining Drow enough to maintain my usefulness. You are the only other Drow I've ever seen."

"That's unfortunate. I was hoping to learn more for you see, I was born on this continent and have never seen Xen'drik. I've always wanted to go there." Sheeva says whistfully, a bit of a faraway look in her eyes.

"Still, you are fortunate to have seen bits of both continents. Speaking of which, how is it that you are so far from home? Not to be too nosy, but what the heck are you doing in this podunk armpit of the world?" Sheeva asks.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Still, you are fortunate to have seen bits of both continents. Speaking of which, how is it that you are so far from home? Not to be too nosy, but what the heck are you doing in this podunk armpit of the world?" Sheeva asks.

Feall looks about pensively for a moment before answering. "I believe I angered my House with my investigation into the murder of my parents. The contacts I'd fostered in Stormreach alerted me that they were searching for me, and the rumors were that their purpose was arrest or assassination. So I fled. I've traveled on this continent fairly extensively with the Shadow Acrobats, and had a few friends in the Silver Flame. When I contacted them they offered sanctuary, and when they mentioned one of their own was missing - possibly in trouble - I offered to help."

He turns to look at Sheeva. "And you? You are plainly new to this group as well - how did you come to this juncture in your life?"

Velmont

First Post
"Yes, take some rest. I'll do the first watch." replies River. He stands up and walk to the fire and put some water to the heat before walking back to the windows. The pyre of corpse was glowing red. It was dying. Tomorrow, insects and scavengers would feast on what would remain in the ashes. The soil in that place would be fertile next year. Arawai would do her works there...

[SBLOCK=OOC]That's was a nice 4 pages of roleplay. The personalities of everyone is taking shape I see :)[/SBLOCK]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"And you? You are plainly new to this group as well - how did you come to this juncture in your life?"

"I have this habit of being in the wrong place at the right time. I was doing some jobs with a group not too dissimilar to this one when we were ambushed by some Gnolls. I managed to get away, but the rest of the group was not so lucky. The one member of the group worshipped the Silver Flame and was a close friend, so I dragged her body to the Temple and was hanging around there until this group came along. So, I hitched along. Fortunately, gnolls are nomadic creatures, so we shouldn't run into them again. Course, the way my luck holds, ..." Sheeva shrugs.

"In any case, the rest will need to get some sleep. We should stop talking. Good night."

Sheeva moves back to her bedroll and tries to meditate again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads