• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventures in Delve & Greerson

BSF

Explorer
As much as possible, we will try to keep one thread for the excusrions in both cities since this all takes place in roughly the same timeline. Character postings here will count toward experience totals.

As I recall, Tyrm and Oceas were planning on a longer term stay in Delve and the rest of the group was planning to journey to Greerson. So how long before everyone else is looking for a way to leave?

Oceas was planning on heading for the Governor's Office in the morning to register.

The Governor's Office is a small building off the Baron's Keep. It is still better built, and decorated, than most of the buildings in town, but compared to the Keep and the other buildings here in the city center, it is relatively modest.

The secretary has an office at the end of the hall and his primary job is to keep riff raff from bothering the governor. Fortunately, Oceas is going to register rather than bother the governor. The registration office is finished with fine woods, but drab. Some in the group would feel the decor is supposed to impress foreigners, but there is very little real emotion behind it all. The woman behind the desk is dour and concerned that Oceas will be able to afford to stay in town. Delve ends up with a bit of transient labor that wants to work in the mines. Not all of them are suited for such work. As well, there have been refugees that come into town with no real plan for how there are going to live. Delve doesn't have much in the way of base poverty and rather than deal with it, they encourage people to move on.

From Tyrm's dicussions the evening before, he knows that there is a reasonably important mage by the name of Kelust that lives in a tower a few miles outside of town. The group past within a close distance of it on the way into town. The trade road once ran past the tower, but has since been moved a quarter mile lower into the hills. There is still an easy road that leads up to the tower because Kelust entertains a number of visitors throughout the year. Kelust has lived here just over 11 years. It was seven years ago that Kelust helped the Fellowship of Hope to throw down the Dark Citadel, which broke the Cult of Hellmor. Kelust is retired from the Academia Magica, but is largely regarded as a Professor-at-Large of that institution.

Last edited:

injuredwyvern

First Post
I think the plan was to try to get an audience with the governor. With that said, I don't think it is entirely necessary that we all go, especially if we have to make an appointment for another day. If Tyrm and Oceas plan to stay, it may be a good idea to let them try to sway the governor while everyone going back to Greerson leaves ASAP. Just as a reminder, we only have until sunset today to leave or get the refugees registered. Unfortunately I think we will have a hard time getting them registered (No, not because some of them can't sign).

My proposed plan of action is to spend this morning stocking up on food and other necessary provisions, then leave the city a few hours before sunset so that we can make camp a good ways out of town. The sooner we get to Greerson, the sooner we can get back here. Not to mention, I'm sure these refugees are looking forward to coming to the end of their journey so they can start their new lives.

What we need to determine immediately is:
Who is staying in Delve?
Who is going to Greerson?
What needs to get done in each city?

I assume everybody already knows that I am going to Greerson.

Tormal

First Post
Tormal will go to the audience with the governor if the entire group goes. Otherwise he will help stock up on food and resupply. He will be returning to Greerson with everyone else in the hopes that on the way Ceru may assist him in finding wolf. Based on what happens Tormal may not continue to greerson and instead try and find Wolf.

BSF

Explorer
I will need to know what you guys plan to do to gain an audience with the governor. Who is working on it? How you are going about it? That sort of thing.

Kultar

First Post
Tyrm will have his bath in the morning and use some of the scented soap that he has and will set off in the morning to the Governor's Office and request an appointment with the Governor reguarding the safety of his people. This request will probably be left with the secretary but if the Governor will see Tyrm right away he will meet with him.

*edit* If the Governor only sees people by appointment Tyrm will say that he can be reached at the (insert name of tavern that everyone else has rooms at) and he will head back to there for some breakfast/lunch.

Last edited:

Russ

First Post
Oceas will register with the governors office as required. Then he will try to find a leather working shop so he can get a cover made for his trident. He will then try to find a temple to Belmay and request an audience with the head priest. That night he will try to find Tyrm and see how he fared in getting an audience with the governor. I agree that getting the refugees out of town and on the road to Greerson is probably the best course of action. Resolving their problem, getting the info back to Greerson, and getting the party back together as quickly as possible is the way to go. As far as I know, Tyrm and Oceas are the only two staying in Delve. We will try to train here, gather support or at least warn the town if anyone will listen and possibly go scouting during the round trip for the rest of the party.

Macbeth

First Post
Basically, I agree with everybody else. Tyrm and Oceas stay in Delve ans try to get some support there. The rest of us travel to Greerson to drop off the refugees, train, get the manor running (maybe), and drum up some support there. Sounds like a plan.

And, on another note, I'm much more awake today then I was last week. Sorry about last friday, I was just stressed. NOw I;ve got my hardest finals out of the way, and it'a ll down hill from here, and I feel quite refreshed. Can't wait to game tonight.

BSF

Explorer
Appointment with the Governor?

The governor has a public session twice monthly in which the common folk can try to have their cause heard. I suggest you arrive early as the governor is busy and when the time for this session is over, you will need to wait until the next one before ou have an opportunity to try to speak your mind again.

Russ

First Post
Oceas will wear his tabard/tunic given to us by Lord Tannerson and explain that he would appreciate an early audience with the governor. As a representative of the lands of Greerson the message we bear is of some importance. He will also give 5 gold pieces to the administrator in hopes that it may "grease the wheels of bureaucracy" so to speak.

BSF

Explorer
Whoa Russ, you are on late.

OK, you weren't travelling with Tyrm to the Governor's office and you posted that you would catch up with Tyrm that evening. So, I am assuming that you are arriving the next morning.

The secretary studies Oceas for a few moments, noting the insignia of the Lord Tannerson's guard, but nothing else.

"I was not aware that we had a representative of the Greerson Council here in town. Please summarize your business with the city and I will speak with the governor later today to see when he wishes to speak with you."

Remove ads