D&D 5E Adventures in Middle-Earth [OOC]

Tesseract

First Post
Caranthir

Class & Level: Treasure Hunter 2nd; Background: Reluctant Adventurer
Culture: Elf of Mirkwood; Shadow Weakness: Dragon-sickness
Character Traits: Distinctive Quality: Merciful. Your own failings on the road give you sympathy for the failings of others.
Specialty: Burglary. Your company values your skills at finding a way into places unnoticed.
Hope: “I know that one day I shall rest by my fire again.”
Despair: “Even if I get home, I am sure that something horrible will follow me back.”

STR 10 (+0), DEX 16 (+3), CON 10 (+0), INT 14 (+2), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 12 (+1)
Saving Throws: Dexterity +5, Intelligence +4
Armor Class: 14 (leather jerkin); Initiative: +3; Speed: 30 feet
Hit Points: 16 (Hit Die 2d8)
Inspiration: 2

Proficiency Bonus: +2; Proficiencies: Light Armour, Simple weapons, broadsword, short sword. Tools (~Thieves’ tools +4)
Attacks: Broadsword melee weapon attack +2, damage 1d8 slashing
Short Bow ranged weapon attack +5, damage 1d6+3 piercing
Dagger melee weapon attack +2, damage 1d4 piercing
Dagger ranged weapon attack +5, damage 1d4+3 piercing

Skills: *Acrobatics (Dex) +5, Animal Handling (Wis) +2, Athletics (Str) +0, Deception (Cha) +1, History (Int) +2, *Insight (Wis) +4, Intimidate (Cha) +1, Investigate (Int) + 2, Lore (Int) +2, *Medicine (Wis) +4, *Nature (Int) +4, *Perception (Wis) +4, Performance (Cha) +1, Persuation (Cha) +1, *Riddle (Int) +4, Shadow-Lore (Int) +2, *Sleight-of-Hands (Dex) +5, *~Stealth (Dex) +7, Survival (Wis) +2, Traditions (Int) +2
* Proficiency
~ Expertise

Class Features: Expertise, Night Vision, Sneak Attack, Cunning Action.
Background Feature: Pathetic and Bedraggled (As long as you are not threatening, strangers will take pity on you and give you a warm place to sleep for the night, hot food and a bit of comfort.)
Traits: Night Vision; The Eyes of Elves; Elvish Dreams; The Tools of War; A Whisper Through the Leaves
Virtues: Deadly Archery (do not suffer disadvantage for long range, nor for attacking within 5 feet when making ranged attacks with a short bow).
Perception: Night Vision, passive perception 14
Languages: speak Grey-elven, Woodland Tongue and Common Tongue, and speak, read, and write Sindarin.

Standard of Living: Martial (G, S, C)
Equipment: Thieves’ tools, leather jerkin, green travelling cloak, broadsword, short bow with quiver of 17 arrows, two daggers, travelling gear for the current season, backpack, belt dagger, boots, 3d6 silver pennies, a wineskin, a white jewel on a chain of silver.

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
So, if nothing happens in game, I'll move it along asking forgiveness for my silent partner when I get home from work tomorrow. Like 7 PM Pacific Coast Time.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Sorry, I’m on holiday so occassionally skip checking here for a few days. I’ve posted Ursa’s intro!

Btw, I saw that I overestimated the time between the Battle of the Five Armies and now. Your IC thread says five years, while I assumed Ursa had spent at least a decade with Beorn and his followers. Ah well, it’s just a minor thing.

GreenKarl

First Post
Note that everyone starts with one Inspiration Point per 5th ed. and you gain another one if you decide to aid the old man and his son on their journey ;)

They work just like in 5th ed. BUT I am going to allow you to spend them AFTER you have made a D20 roll. I.e. you make a d20 check and fail, you can spend Inspiration and re-roll instead of having to chose before you roll to take Advantage.

I kind of except the players to keep track of them.

IF you want you can also take a short rest here while chatting with Beldor

Remove ads