Adventures in the Chaos Scar {Adventure One: Stick in the Mud}

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Perhaps is something they produce. We are assuming these things to be humanoids of some kind, but they might well be any other kind of creature" States Sitha, matter of factly.

hero4hire

Explorer
Sitha finds the trail easy enough to follow, though occasionally there is an unexplained break in the tracks, especially when confronted with an obstacle that the party has to go around, like a fallen tree or a patch of thickets.
Eventually the trail leads the heroes to none other then the King's Wall where all immediately witness a disconcerting sight.
At the base of the wall several stones have been worked loose, leaving a hole that a large adult man could fit through. Beyond the trail continues into the cracked and desolate vale that is the Chaos Scar.

[sblock=ooc]Sorry, leaving soon and I wanted to update before the weekend.

Actions?[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"A clear path lies before us. We shall proceed, like the water, flowing by the easies path." Ponders the monk.

Last edited:

Phaezen

First Post
Ruz looks at the gap in the wall and nods at the monk "The way seems fairly clear yes, I guess we should have spent some time finding out what is beyond the wall, which someone clearly spent alot of time and effort putting up?"

Glancing at the rest of the group he asks "So, we should talk fighting styles and tactics at some point, I am a skirmisher by nature", he notes indicating his lighter armour, "I prefer to strike from the shadows and have some talents to assist me, what are your preferred fighting styles?"

He steps through the gap after the shifter.

[Sblock=OOC]
WOuld you be happy with a slight retconned streetwise check to get information about the scar? Streetwise 16 to find out from the locals about the scar
[/sblock]

Bluenose

Adventurer
Chaihana follows Skoldik through the gap in the wall, looking warily around for enemies. Quietly she says, "My style is more direct, face-to-face combat, though I am also skilled at directing others in combat. Don't expect me to kill too many enemies, but I'm not easy to kill either."

[sblock=OOC]A perception check in case there's an ambush. Roll Lookup [/sblock]

BarrelRider

First Post
I'll be standing next to you, then, Torash says to Chaihana. My sword and shield lead my way in combat, and challenge the enemy to break himself against them. Stooping to get his large frame through the opening, the dragonborn follows after the others.

Shayuri

First Post
Kyriel frowns at the hole in the wall, then stoops to pass through it.

"The mud was unusual...the last time I saw it was on another world, long long ago. The earth it's made of is essentially pure; pure of essence. It came from an elemental of the earth, or possibly from the plane itself."

She smiles wistfully.

"The janni always used to track it in..."

hero4hire

Explorer
One by one you traverse the gap in the wall and enter the Chaos Scar. The trail is easy enough to follow; the otherworldly mud a sharp contrast to the dry cracked earth of the vale. You travel a bit passing a gnarled almost skeletal tree.
The barren stretch of valley before you suddenly becomes a chaotic jumble of shattered masonry. In the center of the mess, on a low hill, stands the ruined foundation of a keep
or tower. Only the lower section and a few walls still stand; however, enough remains intact to cast ominous shadows that could hide nearly anything.

[sblock=ooc]actions?[/sblock]

BarrelRider

First Post
Torash steps forward, shield and sword at the ready. I'm not much for subtlety, he says to the others. If someone wants to scout, I'll wait. Otherwise, I'll be happy to lead the way and take the brunt of any unpleasant surprises waiting for us.

Remove ads