• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventures of the Knights of the Silver Quill: Glacier Season

Dawn

First Post
I'm sorry to see you guys go as you have provided many hours of enjoyment and quite a few ideas for the rest of us.

Good luck to the new DMs.

Richards

Legend
Okay, this will probably be the last song parody I post here for awhile, but the idea for this one just kind of popped into my head and refused to budge until I had written it down. This one is written as if sung by Doctor Midnight himself on the night of the last KotSQ gaming session, and it's based (if you couldn't guess it by the title) on "A Hard Day's Night," by the Beatles.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"A Hard Day, Knights"

It's been a hard day, Knights, I've been DMing on the fly
It's been a hard day, Knights, and it all started with that scry
When you concocted your scheme, it made me just want to scream
But I went along, all right

You know I work for days reading through Dungeon magazines
And it kills me when I hear you say you'll just fast-forward through the scenes
So all those hours I prepped I might have just well as slept
You know that feels like crap

When we gamed, everything seemed to go wrong
When we gamed, arguments seemed to go long, long, yeah

It's been a hard day, Knights, we're on opposing points of view
It's been a hard day, Knights, now all our fun has gone askew
You think I've flip-flopped my calls, I don't think that's it at all
And we both think that we're right

That stupid Harm spell is broke, as written it's just a joke
You know it needs a save

When we gamed, Acessiwal gave you a spank
When we gamed, he even killed off your dwarf tank, tank, yeah

It's been a hard day, Knights, I think we know what we must do
It's been a hard day, Knights, let's leave it for a month or two
We'll set our campaign aside, until our brains are less fried
Then pick it back up some day
Eventually, some day
Some day but not today...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Not my most upbeat song parody, but then given the subject matter... :( Hopefully this comes across as an attempt to inject some levity into a rather sad occurrence, as that's all I'm attempting here. (Well, that and purging my brain of the need to create the song in the first place... :))

In any case, I hope everything works out well in the end for you guys. Good luck with your other campaigns in the meantime!

Johnathan

Razamir

Explorer
Hey Doc, long time bla first time bla...

I'm sorry to see the Knights go on hold but I do understand how burnout can affect the game. I just wanted to thank you and your group for all the good reads. It just got better and better every week..... Sigh. I guess I'll have to WORK at work now instead of waiting for updates. Unless you want to write up the new story..... hint hint.

My group is going through the core modules with rotating dms and I have to dm next (Lord of the Iron Fortress) The tales of the Knight have really inspired me. The way that old villians and characters came back was always cool. The fights were really cinamatic and fun, not just hack n' slash. Dartans father... The relationships between characters.... All of it great.

Thanks Doc

What the hell ??? I go on a short skiing holiday and come back to find the knights...gone?

Well whatever the differences, Doc, enjoy your time as a player. To me, there is nothing as inspiring as playing my own character for a while. I know, you'll guys be back.

The problem with the 3E rules is that they're still new and too numerous. My players know the rules concerning their characters better than I do, but I don't show it.

Have yourself a nice holiday then, knights. Until we meet again.

PS: It might be nice for you to know that Dartan's father did get his status back and saved a small halfling village called "the Callah" from certain doom. After my party came to the village and met the threat (a large red dragon), it was their task to find Heironious' fallen champion and convince him to help them help the village. It was not easy getting Korgan to come out of his hiding place, but in the end he killed the dragon, but he his wounds were too numerous to count and he died defending innocent people and thus atoned for his evil deeds. I don't doubt that he sits near his god now.
Anyway this was the short version and it happened in my campaign.

PS2: I'd not have castrated Harm, there must be other ways...

DWARF

First Post
A thought just occured to me... You have Kyla and Vek for clerics, right? And neither of them cast Augury or Divination before attempting to fight a dragon?!!!

Hell, my players cast it before asking the town crier for directions to a tavern!

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Dr M - you write well... are you going to do a players-side-view of the campaign which you are going to be participating in?

Cheers

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Thanks everyone for the cries and screams of agony. They make me feel better. :D

Thank you Richards for another parody song. I actually did sing those exact words at the end of the session, but it was set to the tune of "I whupped batman's ass" by Wesley Willis.

I won't be writing up anything from my player's perspective... at this point I just can't see it working. I'm going to save up my urge to DM along with my urge to write, and when I come back, I'm hoping you'll all still be around to read when (and, realistically: IF) it happens.

I'm proud to have been behind a story hour people wanted to read.

Blood Jester

First Post
Doc. I'm not trying to drag you back to the DM's chair, but... I still wish I lived close enough to game with you and the gang. Despite your apparent argument, you all seem like a fun, good group. Keep having fun, and see you around the boards!
;)

Wee Jas

First Post
Oh, we all know I'm gonna last a whole 2 weeks more than I will be begging Doc to DM again. I'll get fustrated and have a bunch of hasted evil clerics cast harm on the party and magic missle them with wands as thier partials.. lol.

:eek:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads