• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Advice for a fellow DM

There's a wonderful monster in the DDI called the colossus, which gets to roll initiative once per opponent and gets the full gamut of actions, plus effects that end on an attacker's turn end at the end of each of it's turns instead.

There's quite a few monsters that can roll initiative twice, or get three (or even four!) "set" initiative scores.

"Solo science" is pretty hard though, as there's all kinds of things to take into account. For instance, being knocked prone. You can usually knock a solo prone as easily as any other creature...

Rezzin

First Post
I sat down with the DM this past weekend and we talked it over. I tried to encourage what he is trying to do and just told him to roll with it. The idea is that you start with a race template. Cherry pick what you like for the races, the stats that work well with the character you have in mind, the racial power etc. Then your "powers" and such will come to you in the game based off of roleplay and how you want your character to progress. It sounds wonky but fun at the same time as I enjoy roleplay to combat anyways.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads