Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

Siuis

Explorer
I am finding that Shomei has always been an exquisite thing in and of herself. Of all those who walk this particular stage, she alone has aleays struck me as somehow utterly selfless in her actions. Often what transpires is in her favor but it somehow unfolds that way as though it were natural, and that it being part of her desired end is because she desires those events which should naturally unfold.

My enjoyment of her as a character and as a person has grown since irst she brought an infernal magnate to tempt Mostin at his party. I am sorely wishing Eadric could slow her down and divert her course somewhat, but I have to respect that she stays the course as she does.

Astounding. I actually think my ability to process this kind of understanding has grown since, and because, I picked up this story hour those long years back. Neat!

Inez Hull

First Post
I can't recall a extended period of this level of intensity of posting ever before in the whole time the story hour has been going. It's truly wonderful, as if a cacade of posts has been initiated. I wonder if Eadric may just end up with Nehael in the end somehow.

Random mechanical:

[sblock]A more modest beastie.

Fallen exemplars form the mainstay of Shomei’s conjured minions: they are disciplined, dauntless and also appeal to her particular aesthetic. They are the “recently-fallen” – those who were enmeshed by the Holly and Hazel-ludjas during the Migration of Light into the Green. They gain the Native and Evil subtypes but remain celestials (although they are also devils). Devilish status grants them immunity to fire; of the standard energy types, dark movanics are only vulnerable to sonics.

Dark movanics might be regarded as the choristers in the Dark Choir, with more heavyweight episemes and fallen seraphs assuming the role of soloists. They do not advance further by HD; for a movanic, 20HD is usually the upper limit. Unlike unfallen celestials, however, they may advance by character class; fiendish status grants the possibility of individuation. On balance, they "break the rule" that a fallen celestial can never exceed its former heavenly power; but that rule belongs to the previous Aeon.

The dark movanic exemplars are statuesque (around 6½ feet high, and weighing 250lbs) with greenish-black skin, and speak Celestial, Draconic, Infernal, Abyssal and Sylvan. They typically use tongues to communicate with mortals.

Dark Movanic Exemplar
Medium Outsider (Celestial, Evil, Lawful, Native)

Hit Dice: 20d8+200 (290 hp)
Initiative: +9
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), fly 100 ft. (perfect)
Armor Class: 44 (+7 Dex, +10 armor, +7 shield, +10 natural), touch 19, flat-footed 37
Base Attack/Grapple: +20/+29
Attack: +35 melee (1d8+15/18-20 plus 1d6 fire, +5 cold iron flaming longsword)
Full Attack: +35/+30/+25/+20 melee (1d8+15/18-20 plus 1d6 fire, +5 cold iron flaming longsword)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/-, darkvision 60 ft., death ward, deflection, immunities (acid, cold, disease, electricity, fire, petrification, poison and sleep effects), linked minds, low-light vision, planar travel, spell resistance 32, tongues, whispering wind
Saves: Fort +24, Ref +21, Will +21
Abilities: Str 29, Dex 25, Con 31, Int 21, Wis 25, Cha 25
Skills: Bluff +30, Concentration +33, Diplomacy +30, Disguise +30 (+32 acting), Escape Artist +30, Hide +30, Knowledge (any two) +28, Listen +30, Move Silently +30, Search +36, Sense Motive +30, Spot +38, Survival +30
Feats: Combat Reflexes, Great Fortitude, Improved Critical (longsword), Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Weapon Focus (longsword)
Environment: Dark Verdancies
Organization: Solitary, pair, or flight (3-6)
Challenge Rating: 19
Treasure: None plus +5 cold iron flaming longsword, +5 mithral breastplate, +5 mithral heavy shield
Alignment: Always lawful evil
Advancement: By character class

Change Shape (Su): A dark movanic exemplar can assume the shape of any small or medium humanoid. It gains a +10 circumstance bonus on any Disguise checks it makes when using this ability.
Death Ward (Ex): Dark movanic exemplars are immune to death effects and negative energy effects such as energy drain.
Deflection (Su): A dark movanic exemplar can bat away spells or targeted effects. If the deva is targeted by a a ray or a single-target spell (such as magic missile) it can attempt a Reflex save (DC 20 + the spell’s level). If it succeeds at the Reflex save, the spell is deflected. A deflected spell is simply negated as if counterspelled. This ability is usable once per round as a free action and the deva must be aware of the attack in order to deflect it.
Elemental Immunities (Ex): Dark movanic exemplars are immune to acid, electricity, fire and cold.
Planar Travel (Su): As a standard action a dark movanic exemplar may use this ability to move between any Green Plane and the Region of Dreams. Treat this ability as a plane shift spell as cast by a sorcerer of a level equal to the celestial’s hit dice, except that the dark movanic can only transport itself and its equipment.
Linked Minds (Su): A dark movanic is in continual telepathic communion with any other celestials within 300 ft., and never need use verbal communication with another celestial within range. Groups of 3 or more are never surprised.
Protective Aura (Su): Against attacks made or effects created by chaotic creatures, this ability provides a +4 deflection bonus to AC and a +4 resistance bonus on saving throws to anyone within 20 feet of the dark movanic exemplar. Otherwise, it functions as a magic circle against chaos effect and a lesser globe of invulnerability, both with a radius of 20 feet (caster level equals dark movanic’s HD). This aura can be dispelled, but the dark movanic can create it again as a free action on its next turn. (The defensive benefits from the circle are not included in the dark movanic exemplar's statistics block.).
Spell-Like Abilities: At will – aid, bestow curse (DC21), continual flame, detect chaos, discern lies (DC21), greater dispel magic, invisibility (self only); 1/day – dictum (DC24), dispel chaos (DC 22), heal (DC 23), unholy blight (DC 22), spell turning. Caster level 20th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.
Tongues (Su): This ability is always active (CL20th)
Whispering Wind (Su): A dark movanic exemplar can use this ability at will (Caster Level 20th).

Skills: Dark movanics gain a +8 racial bous to Spot and Search checks.

Equipment: Dark movanic exemplars typically bear a +5 cold iron flaming longsword, wear +5 mithral breastplate and carry a +5 mithral heavy shield.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bloodcookie

Explorer
Something that just struck me today: the current predicament has interesting parallels with the 'Judgment of Paris' in Greek myth, with Paris (Eadric) made to decide which of three goddesses will claim the Golden Apple (the Urn). Depending on how far the analogy extends, this could imply a certain threatening capriciousness on the part of Pharamne (Eris)... but I'm probably pushing the argument beyond all reason :p

Soramain

Explorer
Something that just struck me today: the current predicament has interesting parallels with the 'Judgment of Paris' in Greek myth, with Paris (Eadric) made to decide which of three goddesses will claim the Golden Apple (the Urn). Depending on how far the analogy extends, this could imply a certain threatening capriciousness on the part of Pharamne (Eris)... but I'm probably pushing the argument beyond all reason :p

What an interesting analysis. Someone XP Bloodcookie for me?

Quartz

Hero
Nice one! Mostin also wants the Urn. If Eadric were to come into possession of it, could he use it himself? Could the Sela? Could he sort out the whole mess by giving it to Oronthon? Or would that make things much worse?

As far as his romantic entanglements go, I think celibacy may indeed be the best bet, perhaps with Nehael as an occasional liaison - the mating of Sky and Earth and all that - as the other two (particularly Soneillon) would be insanely jealous with him choosing someone else.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Perhaps, but I believe Shomei would act on such jealously more ... profoundly and deadly. Demoness would use it as an advantage to make paladin hers more. Or join. I know not the mind of likes of her. ;)

Remove ads