Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

Common Folk

As someone inquired…actually a real spoiler.
[sblock]

Nwm, somewhat – but not too far – ahead of the SH as of most recent Feb 2012 update and contemporaneous with Eadric’s initial enkindlement. Nwm remains human, and has shunned divinity for himself; it’s a kind of existential statement on his part – in all senses, Nwm retains his humanity and becomes the ultimate man as opposed to some cocktail of templates and outsider or fey HD. He does get the paragon template to make up for it. Inherent bonuses, of course. I gave up tracking wild shape uses/day, as past a certain large number it just doesn’t matter; I just assume that he can do it whenever he wants. Total spellcasting spontaneity is also available to Nwm; the emphasis on the Moment is brought to full realization.

Some retraining is always assumed; most of the eligible exalted bonus feats are dropped (as the selection is useless to Nwm). Saving throw bonus feats (the Iron Will etc. family) are instead substituted. The good thing about Nwm is that his gear is never a problem.

Nwm’s CR at this point is pegged nominally at 57, although I’m not sure how accurate that actually is.

Nwm the Preceptor
Paragon Human Male Druid (Ascetic) 40

Hit Dice: 40d8+640+480 (1440hp)
Initiative: +19
Speed: 90ft.
Armor Class: 73 (+15 Dex, +5 natural, +6 deflection, +13 exalted, +12 insight, +12 luck); flat-footed 58, touch 68
Base Attack/Grapple: +25/+66
Attack: +80 melee (1d6+52, quarterstaff)
Full Attack: +80/+75/+70 melee (1d6+52, quarterstaff)
Space/Reach: 5ft./5ft.
Special Attacks: Intuitive attack, spells, spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 25/epic and evil, exalted strike, fast healing 20, freedom of movement, greater sustenance, mind shielding, nature sense, negative energy immunity, resistances (acid, cold, electricity, fire and sonic 30), resistance +7, resist nature’s lure, SR 82, thousand faces, timeless body, total sponataneity, trackless step, true seeing, venom immunity, wild empathy, wild shape, woodland stride
Saves: Fort +61 Ref +52 Will +62
Abilities: Str 42 Dex 40 Con 42 Int 43 Wis 52 Cha 45
Skills: Balance +48, Concentration +69, Craft (alchemy) +69, Craft (leatherworker) +69, Diplomacy +74, Gather Information +48, Handle Animal +70, Heal +74, Jump +73, Knowledge (arcana) +47, Knowledge (geography) +47, Knowledge (nature) +75, Listen +74, Profession (herbalist) +74, Ride +69, Sense Motive +74, Spellcraft +71, Spot +74, Survival +76 (+80 above ground), Swim +69, Tumble +48
Feats: Animal Friend, Eschew Material Components, Great Fortitude, Heighten Spell, Improved Initiative, Intuitive Attack, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Natural Spell, Run, Sacred Vow, Snatch, Track, Vow of Poverty, Weapon Focus (Quarterstaff).
Epic Feats: Autoimmolator, Backlash Mastery, Colossal Wild Shape, Dire Charge, Dragon Wild Shape, Epic Fortitude, Epic Spellcasting, Gargantuan Wild Shape, Ignore Material Components, Improved Heighten Spell, Improved Spell Capacity (10th, 11th, 12th), Spontaneous Epic Caster

Spells
Nwm casts spells as a 40th level Druid (6/11/10/10/10/10/9/9/9/9/4/4/4; save DC 44+ spell level, CL 40th). Nwm may also cast four epic spells per day, provided that their adjusted DC is 0 or less: these spells are devised and cast spontaneously, with no development cost. Nwm can use XP or up to 120d6 backlash to mitigate against epic spells which he casts: he ignores the first 40d6 points of backlash damage in this case. Nwm need not prepare nonepic spells; he may spontaneously cast any spell on the Druid class list. Save DCs are Wisdom-based and include a +13 paragon bonus.

Buoyant Reservoir (Ex): Nwm enjoys a weekly 10,000xp cushion to his reservoir.
Exalted Strike (Su): Nwm gains a +8 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls whilst using any weapon. His staff is considered adamantine, cold iron, epic, good-aligned and silver for the purpose of overcoming a creature’s damage reduction. Nwm can strike incorporeal creatures as though his weapon possessed the ghost strike special ability.
Foresight (Su): Nwm is under a permanent foresight effect (as the spell, CL 40). He is never surprised or flat-footed.
Freedom of Movement (Ex): Nwm acts as if constantly under the effects of a freedom of movement spell.
Intuitive Attack (Ex): Nwm uses his Wisdom modifier in place of his Strength modifier for determining his attack bonus with melee weapons.
Greater Sustenance (Ex): Nwm does not need to eat, drink or breathe.
Mind Blank (Su): Nwm is always under the effects of a mind blank, as the spell (CL 40th).
Mind Shielding (Ex): Nwm is immune to detect thoughts, discern lies and any attempt to discern his alignment.
Negative Energy Immunity (Ex): Nwm is immune to negative energy effects such as energy drain and enervation.
Resist Nature’s Lure (Ex): Nwm gains a +4 bonus on saving throws against the spell-like abilities of fey.
Scrying (Sp): Nwm can use greater scrying at will as the spell (save DC 47). The save DC is Charisma-based and includes a +13 paragon bonus. Caster level 55th.
SLAs: 3/day - greater dispel magic and haste (CL 15th)
A Thousand Faces (Su): Nwm has the ability to change his appearance at will, as if using the disguise self spell, but only while in his normal form.
Timeless Body (Ex): Nwm does not take ability score penalties for aging and cannot be magically aged.
Total Spontaneity: Nwm may cast any spell on the Druid class list without preparation.
Trackless Step (Ex): Nwm leaves no trail in natural surroundings and cannot be tracked. He may choose to leave a trail if so desired.
True Seeing (Su): Nwm has a continuous true seeing ability, as the spell. (CL 40th)
Venom Immunity (Ex): Nwm is immune to all poisons.
Wild Empathy (Ex): Nwm can improve the attitude of an animal. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check made to improve the attitude of a person. He rolls 1d20+70 to determine the wild empathy check result. He can also use this ability to influence a magical beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2, but he takes a –4 penalty on the check if the creature is nongood. His modifier includes a +13 paragon bonus.
Wild Shape (Su): Nwm has the ability to turn himself into any animal, plant, elemental or dragon of size tiny to colossal. This ability functions like the polymorph spell, and the effect lasts for up to 40 hours, or until he changes back. Changing form (to animal or back) is a standard action and doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity. The new form’s Hit Dice can’t exceed Nwm’s Druid level.
Woodland Stride (Ex): Nwm may move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. Thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that have been magically manipulated to impede motion still affect him.

Possessions: mistletoe, quarterstaff, robe.

Nwm’s beard is not counted amongst his possessions.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Hey Sep!

Wondering if you guys had tweaked Nwm's Vow of Poverty from this version?

Nwm's VoP

Also - Backlash Mastery Feat?

EDIT: Carborundum - there's a huge amount of that thread that I've completely forgotten! I've been thinking about compiling so we have a concise place for all the Character Bio's as well as the Story Hour that Cheiromancer keeps updated for us!

Last edited:

Baron Opal

First Post
But he's still human. Unlike Mostin etc.
Good point. And, a rather remarkable achievement considering his peers.

I was expecting a Green Man - style evolution for him. The Adversary needed that escape route, I guess.

Re: Orm... The name sounds familliar, but I don't remember his place in the story.

Last edited:

Erevanden

Explorer
You must spread some Experience Points around before giving it to Sepulchrave II again

I really hate this, you know :(

Thanks a lot for the quick explanation Sepulchrave !!

Re: Orm... The name sounds familliar, but I don't remember his place in the story.

Orm is Eadric's brother, most recently evacuating common folk from Deorham, due to Soneillon's prolonged "visit"...:)

P.S. Sepulchrave, I hope there WILL come a "convenient time" for you to post Dhatri, Idyam, Choach, Naatha, Rishih, Anumid (if he evolved in any way), Yeshe and Rimilin (after their stay in Qinthei), and especially Prahar in statblock/brief description/motivation format ?? ;)

Last edited:

Soramain

Explorer
Re: Rimilin. I was re-reading the last few months of posts today and I noticed that when Nehael incarnated red, Teppu said that "the womb of Qinthei was closed." Isn't that where Rimilin and Yeshe, possibly among others, were waiting until they had a compelling reason to leave? Where did they go?

Remove ads