Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

RedTonic

First Post
Amazing. I love the synchronicity--or symmetry? Not sure which word I want to use to describe how pleasing this revelation is and its effect on the story structure.

A couple of questions while they remain top of mind, since I've been rereading at work:

1. Did Hlioth free Grazzt? Why? I may have missed the reveal by accident.

2. Will we ever see the rest of the battle at Afqithan? I realize that was quite some time ago, but so many developments resulted fro
the event that I remain eager to learn more.

Bloodcookie

Explorer
So, Soneillon and Nehael appear to believe that Eadric (or rather, I suppose, the Ahma) needs to be the one to actualize the Urn's power... I think? And what might be inferred of Eadric's mother just raises all kinds of questions.

Needless to say, I can't wait to see what happens in the morning :D

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
I'm still gathering my thoughts- superb installment, I can't imagine why Sepulchrave is unhappy with it. I really like the fact that this installment came out during Easter. Death and Resurrection being themes for the season.

I seem to recall seeing the stats of a Regent of Oronthon a long time ago. Maybe this is what Eadric will be when he is reborn? Will he claim the Urn, or is the tree using the Urn to assure that Eadric's descent into the Void will result in renewal?

[MENTION=98994]RedTonic[/MENTION]: I think that Nwm and Hlioth's discomfiture is because of Mostin, his tower, his wizard friends, and his pseudonatural conjurations. They are reluctant to have the whole entourage, but don't see any alternative.

Some attached notes on the Ahmaverse:

Attachments

• Full List of Associations.docx
    14.8 KB · Views: 226
  • Solar Year According to Eadric.png
    Solar Year According to Eadric.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 310

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Thanks for the update and the great chart/info clarifying how Eadric relates to his 3 goddesses!

Also - thank you once more for sticking to this story for the long haul, we greatly appreciate it Sep and enjoy getting to see the continuing chapters of this story.

Tal Rasha

Explorer
In addition to the superb writing, one of the things I like most about Tales of Wyre is that, unlike many other works of fiction [1] it has an extraordinarily well-developed internal system governing its magic, spirituality, and all other preternatural aspects. Knowing how things work, from magic missile up to the epic spells currently employed in the story, makes the story and the experience so much better.

[1] I am referring here to mainstream fantasy fiction, not other story hours. Perhaps I've read too little but it seems very few authors bother with detailed magical systems in their works.

Remove ads