After Earth - Episode II - Beyond Colonial Space.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Solly finally shakes off his fascination with the strange aliens. Turning to Mel with a sly grin he says in a mock Irish brogue "Now, who's been sayin' I've no sense o' adventure?"

Sauntering up to the karaoke machine he gives a wink to the local girl currently singing and peruses the selection display. Perhaps inspired by Gaetanna's outfit he settles for a local ditty, a bit of grunge-pop mash-up in the style known as para-rokku, by the gyaru-kei group Roku Rokku. The song is called "Meteor Baby Love", and Solly's bold attempt and half-way decent singing voice gets some of the locals joining in with the song's dance moves.

[sblock=OOC]
Untrained Perform 1d20+2=14
[/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
She glances at Pierce with a pout and crossed her arms.

Gaetanna shooke her head when Damon returned to the table. "You know, you would have got more applause if you played to the crowd a little more instead of just focusing on that girl with the spaghetti straps and the extremely low neckline."

Gaettanna giggled then headed towards the Karaoke computer and quickly searched for a song as Solly preformed. When Solly ended his set, Gaetanna calmly stepped onto the stage then sat down as she waited for the Karaoke unit to select her song.

Gaetanna stood as the sound of a piano led string assemble cbegan to emanate form the speakers. Almost immediately, it was apparent that Gaetanna selected was a love song. She began to dance slowly, for about half a minute, before she uttered the song's lyrics, in French.

As she sang, Gaetanna slowly walked to the edge of the stage, stepped onto floor, and sauntered to the closest table. Once there she began to sing to the closest man to her before prancing to the next table. She eventually circled her around the group's table, singing a few lines to each on her companions until she stood before her empty seat and sat down as she uttered the song's final verse.

She held out the microphone. "Who's next?"

Performance: Dance +8
Performance: Singing +2/+5 (via Charm: Males)

[sblock="The song Gaetanna sang was as sappy as this one..."]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nSAwgCoy2s]YouTube - J'envoie Valser - Beautiful French Song Subtitled in English[/ame]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Thoroughly annoyed by Gaetanna's grandstanding...or maybe just feeling like she has something to prove after the fashion dig, Mel snatches the mic from her crewmate and goes up to the stage. She dithers a little at the machine, not really having planned what song she wants to sing, but just as the audience is getting restless she makes a decision and turns to face everyone.

The music starts; a cheap synth cover version of 'Love is a Battlefield.' With her scruffy short hair and rangy figure Mel even looks halfway decent as the part. What's surprising is that her voice, while untrained, is actually rather good...and her performance all but flawless. It has the feel of a song she's probably had a lot of practice wailing to herself in the shower or something. Even half-drunk, she gets the timing and the pitch, even the attitude spot on.

(Untrained singing: 19!)
Roll Lookup

Rhun

First Post
Damon sits back and drinks another beer, happy to see that his crew was having a good time. His may well have been the worst performance, but at least it got the rest of them into the swing of things.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Cnosos maintained a grim face all the time, even when the seductive Gaetanna walked next to him singing the french song. Something seemed to be occupying the mechanic's mind.

ethandrew

First Post
Pierce walks up to the bar after Mel has finished singing and comes back with six thin triple shot glasses filled with an opaque blue liquid. He sets them down, not quite delicately, some of the liquid sloshing over the sides and coating his finger. A little bit of steam can be seen rising from each glass.

Pierce sits back after pulling one of the glasses over to him, sucking the trace amounts liquid off his knuckles. "To one helluva crew and one helluva night!" he calls out as he raises his glass in a toast gesture.

Rhun

First Post
Damon picks up a glass of the liquid and raises it high. ""To one helluva crew and one helluva night!" he says, echoing Pierce's words.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"I'm thoroughly amazed Mel, that was good, very good." She leaned forward. "So tell me, how did it feel?" She smiled as she took one of the glasses in her hand and gave it a light twirl. "You know, I'm glad I came back here instead of trying to get into one of those more exclusive places corporate big wigs always hang out in."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Solly gives the glass an experimental sniff.

"I think you could use this to fuel the Greed," he says, before knocking it back in one. He is still and silent for a few moments. Finally, surreptitiously wiping away a tear he leans over to Cnosos.

"Eep," he says. Clears his throat, tries again. He gestures with a nod to the "squid-heads". "It's probably nothing," he says finally. "It felt like they were, I dunno, messing around up here." He taps his temple, then shrugs. "Probably just the sake. I may have missed a few xenobiol lectures but I've never seen aliens like them before. Intriguing."

Remove ads