After Earth OOC

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
They burned the sky!

You were on the last transport from ISS to colonyship Unity. Looking through the window you saw the black ship appearing from nowhere, immediatily opening fire at Earth. It seemed to launch thousands of glowing missiles that exploded as they reached the athmosphere. Zeus and Juno tried desperatily to harm the ship but to no avail. Your last image of Earth was a burning planet in the background as Zeus rammed the black planetkiller, and then it was gone as your transport docked with Unity...

It's been over a decade since Earth was caught in the middle of Areq'dah civil war and destroyed but the vision haunts your dreams still. You grew on this barren rock, in colony-station Unity listening to freighterpilots telling stories of the wonders of the universe:

-About Earth. How it's covered by a red cloud which no sensor can penetrate.

-About Areq'dah killing themselves to almost extinction in their civil war.

-About Galactic Rebuplic of Free Stars, formed by the former slave-races of Areq'dah imperium, and how they overthrew their distracted masters.

Never run a PbP before but I think I might give it a try.

The idea is a homebrew scifi universe using the SW-saga edition rules minus the force-related stuff and using PL and eguipment rules from D20 modern/future.

Humankind has been exploring the stars for only a few decades when Earth is destroyed in a galactic civil war. A decade later the few hundred thousand survivors live in cramped colony-stations, living their lives as outcasts of the universe, warring with eachother, commercing with the less hostile aliens and hoping that someday, someone will find an uninhabitet planet with earthlike conditions.

PC:s will be young adults who were still children when Earth was lost. They have been given command of a small commercial freighter owned by Far-Star Trading Company and a status of privateers by Unity's Council. Now preparing to take the old rustbucket-of-a-ship out for the first time.

Right now just seeing if there is any interest in the idea.

Last edited:

Blackrat

Well if there will be more like you who don't own SW-saga but is interested in the idea I might change it to full D20 modern/future. We'll see.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Well sounds like the type of game I like! I know the SW d20 system, if that helps. Also have some notions about d20 modern, at least of the buying stuff system he he.
So count with me for this!
Now... About character creation, is there some restriction to character classes or something? I would like some more info. Thanks in advance!

Rhun

First Post
Blackrat said:
Well if there will be more like you who don't own SW-saga but is interested in the idea I might change it to full D20 modern/future. We'll see.

I'd be interested if it used D20 Modern/Future or d20 Star Wars. I too (unfortunately) don't have the Sage edition.

Blackrat

Hmm. Seem like not too many owns the saga edition so I'll change this to completely D20 future game. If need be you can find the SRD in here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd
If someone knows a site where it's more easily accessed please post a link.

I'll also implement this variant: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/vitalityAndWoundPoints.htm

There will be my own homebrew rules for armor also which I'll post later.

Character creation details:
-All humans
-28 point buy
-You may take 3 years out of starting occupation's minimum age. This is due to conditions in which humans live now: People will be needed to start working much earlier.
-I'd like a crew of five. Some suggestions on character concepts: You'll need someone who can fly your new ship, someone who knows navigation, someone who can repair it WHEN it breaks up, someone who can shoot with spaceship weaponry and possibly someone with some skill in conventional weapons also. It's offcourse possible for one character to fill more than one of these roles.

EDIT: Oh, and you'll start as 2nd level characters: You've had some time to gather some experience before setting of.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
I'd like in after all. Nothing beats a little space pirating. :)

I'd love to be the pilot...I have an idea for a sort of space-rural sort. Grew up as a belter, knows spaceships and how to fly 'em like the back of her hand, but in a sort of down-home, scads of experience but not much book-learnin' sort of way.

ethandrew

First Post
Despite having no d20 experience and a slight susceptability to intimidation on trying new systems, this sounds like it could be a great game; a great premise at the least.

Remove ads