• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

After the Festival

Macbeth

First Post
So, what are the Seekers of Legend going to do in the long term?

Li thinks that we should ask Lord Tannerson's permission to join the expeditionary force to the Southwest, to see what's up with the gnolls.

Other options include:
Take on the Shaugin in Stormhaven.
Find the Path to the gods Janek was talking about.
Find the Ghostly tower with the crystal.
Just do whatever Lord Tannerson has us do.

In the long term Li would like the Seekers to go with Wu Cho to fight the Yuan-ti. Keep in mind, that is two years away. We could still do other stuff till then.

To my mind, being the heros that defeat the Yuan-ti would be a great way to become Legends.

So, really, we have two questions ahead of us:

(1) Are we going with Wu Cho?
(2) What are we doing until then?

BSF

Explorer
Macbeth said:
Other options include:
Take on the Shaugin in Stormhaven.
Find the Path to the gods Janek was talking about.
Find the Ghostly tower with the crystal.
Just do whatever Lord Tannerson has us do.

This doesn't even cover all the options that are available. There is even more information coming up too.

Tormal

First Post
Well, If that's how Li approaches it, Tormal does state that he feels that is a little one sided. He does agree that taking on the Yuan-Ti (or whatever) may be good if they're evil. As a matter of fact he doesn't even know what in the nine hells, and the abyss too, what they are! He wouldn't be apposed to it if he knew a bit more.

Concerning the Soul Gem Tormal also feels that may not be the best path to go. Yeah, sure it would be a "famous" thing to do but he feels the motive to do it would not be very noble. Greed is not something Tormal is very fond of.

Anything else we have heard so far intrigues Tormal. He would not mind stepping in on the side of Stormhaven with the Shauguin or against the Gnolls but he does also wish to wait and see what still may await.

As a last note Tormal has been talking about expanding the group a little more - especially if we are going on a large trip. Perhaps Rose would like to accompany us? Or maybe Debra again? Or, maybe somone new - he's not to sure. Just something we may want to think about.

Oh, and as a note can somone send me the file with the experince matricies in it? Iamtheparad0x@hotmail.com - Thanks!

Last edited:

Macbeth

First Post
Li will happily explain to Tormal that Yuan-ti are digusting, unhuman abberations. They are truly evil, and deserve a long, painfull, dishonorable death.

As for fighting the Yuan-ti, i think it has some thing for everyone:

Li will tell Tormal that there are many others in Li's homeland who fight like Tormal, and that it may be a good place to find a "Marital Secret," or whatever Tormal calls 'em.

Li will mention to Ceru that many people where he comes from revere ancestor spirits, just like Ceru seems to.

And for Felix, there are many interesting crafts to learn, and rich Lords to buy his wares.

Brother Oceas may be able to spread the faith of Xanthos, and LI believes he may be able to find people in his homeland who could use magic to reveal Oceas' past.

Ayla could learn much about the ways of the forest from LI's people.

Given the events of last week, Li doesn't gie a flying :):):):) what Keldorn thinks.

BSF

Explorer
Tormal said:
As a last note Tormal has been talking about expanding the group a little more - especially if we are going on a large trip. Perhaps Rose would like to accompany us? Or maybe Debra again? Or, maybe somone new - he's not to sure. Just something we may want to think about.

Oh, and as a note can somone send me the file with the experince matricies in it? Iamtheparad0x@hotmail.com - Thanks!

On a purely metagame level, Melinda probably won't be playing again until after the baby arrives. So, the likelihood of Rose or Deborah joining the group is not very high.

Macbeth

First Post
If we are going to Li's homeland (any chance of getting another name for it?), we need to think about a few things:

1. Travel. We're going a long way away. I think, if we go, we should put some thought into how to get around. Any chane of getting some kind of teleportation-type effect by that time? Or we could find that portal...

2. Communication. We need some way to communicate with the homeland (so to speak). Li can learn telepathy, but he isn't comfortable with the idea of entering somebody else's head. (and I don't have the skill pints to spare).

3. Language. As far as I know, Li will be the only one who can speak "Eastern."

Just more things to consider.

Tormal

First Post
Macbeth said:
3. Language. As far as I know, Li will be the only one who can speak "Eastern."

If Li wanted to Tormal would certainly like to try and learn the language. Afterall we do have two years, like you said, before we leave. In that time we can accumulate quite a bit of skills. Perhaps there will be somone here in the group that can learn teleportation.

You mentioned a portal?...

Macbeth

First Post
Tormal said:
If Li wanted to Tormal would certainly like to try and learn the language. Afterall we do have two years, like you said, before we leave. In that time we can accumulate quite a bit of skills. Perhaps there will be somone here in the group that can learn teleportation.

You mentioned a portal?...
Isn't there a portal? The one that Wu Cho meantioned?
Wu Cho said:
It was at that time that a small band of foreigners came down from the mountains. They were covered in the blood of the Serpent Folk and claimed to have travelled through a magic portal to help us. A year before that, a band of slaves escaped their Yuan-Ti masters and had returned with claims of magical doorways and foreigners that had defeated the Serpents. Those people were considered to be mad, but when this small band appeared, the stories were recalled, and hope was renewed. This band of foreign heroes included a powerful wizard named Salinadar, a terribly ferocious warrior named Ardel and a priest filled with faith and anger named Aaron. I have recently learned that all of these people came from here, this land, this city. Back in the time when it was called Ft. Greerson, these people performed acts of bravery. Then, they came to our land to fulfill a terrible Oath that the one named Aaron had made. An Oath to slay the Serpent God.

Apparently Salindar, Ardel, and Aaron used it. I seem to remember hearing that the near end was in a forest full of green dragons, but other then that little hitch.

injuredwyvern

First Post
While it is apparent that Li wants to head off to fight the Yuan-Ti in a few years, that mission is not necessarily very high on Ceru's to-do list.

Just as a side note, didn't Li leave his homeland in the first place because he didn't want to fight the Yuan-Ti?

Anyway, the list of available quests below are listed in order of importance to Ceru:

1) Deal with the wolf creatures that are here in Greerson.
2) Investigate the ghostly tower.
3) Gnolls.
4) Shaugin. (is that singular or plural?)
5) Path of the Gods.

Since the visit of Kimineaha, Ceru has been feeling more and more personally responsible for the arrival of these demons. While it may be just coincidence (and for the record, Ceru thinks it is just a coincidence), he still feels a little bit guilty. He would like to do what he can to help out with these creatures. On that note, Ceru will tell Li that he wants to talk to Lord Tannerson about offering his services in this matter the way many of the rest of you have. Based on what Kimineaha said, there is a possibility that these creatures can be affected as if they were spirits, which gives Ceru quite an advantage. This may also be an opportunity to make a name for himself and improve the reputation of the party.

In two years, Ceru may or may not be willing to chase after the Yuan-Ti. As you all know, Ceru tends to let the spirits guide him where they may. For the time though, it seems to early to commit to an assignment of that calibur.

BSF

Explorer
Well, I wouldn't call most of those "quests". They are things to do, certianly. As well, that is certainly not a comprehensive list of opportunities and suggestions that have been mentioned. But, I can see how that might rate on Ceru's top 5 list.

Remove ads