After your stoned are your spells still up?

moritheil

First Post
START
Item is nonmagical
Item is target of shillelagh
Check: Item is now magical
Item is invalid target for shillelagh
Shillelagh ends
Item is now nonmagical again.
No benefit from casting shillelagh was derived, as the item immediately reverted.
FINISH

Oh wait, if "nonmagical" were deleted? I'll let Hyp answer that, as I'm not sure.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
dcollins said:
Let me ask this: If the word "nonmagical" were deleted from shillelagh's Target line, what would be your primary argument against the "continuously checked target" school of thought?

Raise Dead - curses are not undone by Raise Dead.

Bestow Curse have a target of 'creature touched'. If I'm dead, I'm an object, not a creature... but if the curse is not undone by Raise Dead, then the spell must still be in effect even though I'm not a legal target while dead...

-Hyp.

moritheil

First Post
Would negative levels be a good example? Someone who gets hit with multiple negative levels and then killed still has to resolve them if he gets raised, right? (Or resolves them in the duration, while dead - either way they don't simply go away and leave him alone.)

Technically "negative levels" are not a spell, but ennervation is.

EDIT: Whoops, ennervation is target: ray. Never mind. I'll think of something else - feeblemind?

frankthedm

First Post
moritheil said:
Would negative levels be a good example? Someone who gets hit with multiple negative levels and then killed still has to resolve them if he gets raised, right? (Or resolves them in the duration, while dead - either way they don't simply go away and leave him alone.)
If those negative levels were what caused the death, the character is going to rise as a wight the next night.

Myself, if the person is dead, necromantic effects stick with the soul when it tries to reach the afterlife. Curses follow you back if you are raised and any saves [like negative levels] are rolled without benifit of a con score should the soul not be in a body at the appropriate time.

Remove ads