• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

against all odds

unan oranis

First Post
I told them to run. I told them it was suicide.

My players defeated a level 20 encounter, with only 4 level 12 characters.

Who hadn't received any loot since level 10 (using the parcel system).

In a flat battlefield that counted as difficult terrain for the goodguys but not the badguys (knee deep slime).

Excluding the rangers double attacks, the heroes missed zero times. ZERO.

Not since I witnessed 4 natural 20's rolled in a row have I seen such luck. Freaking insane.

-Avalon-

First Post
Ummm.... I remember last campaign I played in....

Needed 2's to hit, had like 6 attacks, the mob was down to under 10, and I did 1d10+19 damage per hit, and I went next....

I died that round... 6 1's in a row =/

It happens lol

Hambot

First Post
I hope you have given them part of a level 20 treasure parcel for that superlative effort.

Is it Possible that they chose not to run due to not caring as much about their characters who have no treasure worth losing? My Pc's recently attacked a boat of 15 dwarven soldiers by themselves. There were 3 of them. They were bound, gagged, 2 killed, lost all their stuff etc. etc. They then stopped caring about their PC's who had had all their stuff "taken" from them by evil Dm. :confused:

I just told them now I know how god feels - giving free will to idiots is going to be a rough ride.

Most of the time the odds work. Most of the time. Don't worry about it - next time they try it you will have your fun. And don't be tight with the treasure parcels unless the PC's are doing something seriously dumb.

unan oranis

First Post
I hope you have given them part of a level 20 treasure parcel for that superlative effort.

Is it Possible that they chose not to run due to not caring as much about their characters who have no treasure worth losing? My Pc's recently attacked a boat of 15 dwarven soldiers by themselves. There were 3 of them. They were bound, gagged, 2 killed, lost all their stuff etc. etc. They then stopped caring about their PC's who had had all their stuff "taken" from them by evil Dm. :confused:

I just told them now I know how god feels - giving free will to idiots is going to be a rough ride.

Most of the time the odds work. Most of the time. Don't worry about it - next time they try it you will have your fun. And don't be tight with the treasure parcels unless the PC's are doing something seriously dumb.

Nah, my players don't care about treasure that much. I use the parcel system as more of a gauge of where the pc's should be for wealth - very handy tool.

There just hasn't been a chance to award any decent treasures for the last two levels...
till now! Since they all hit 13 im going to have the as yet undisclosed stock pile be the combined (and overdue) levels 11 and 12 parcels, plus one mcguffin quest item.

Remove ads