Against the Shadows VII - A Faded Glory Story Hour (Re-Updated - 5/17)

What Do You Like Best About This Story Hour?

• The Campaign World

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • The Characters

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • The Multitude of Plot Lines

• The Narrative/Action

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • The Whole Package!

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Nothing! It Sucks!

Old One

First Post
Re: Rats with swords!

Darklone said:
I think not even a beholder would have scared them that much! :D

Darklone -

Yeah...they didn't even bother to stay for tea! Off they ran at all possible speed...otherwise, it could have been interesting.

~ Old One

Quickbeam

Explorer
Re: Re: Rats with swords!

Old One said:

Darklone -

Yeah...they didn't even bother to stay for tea! Off they ran at all possible speed...otherwise, it could have been interesting.

~ Old One

In a campaign I DM'ed last year (1st and 2nd level characters), one of the PCs was scouting ahead of the party and stumbled onto a nest of dire rats. The rats rolled very well during the encounter, while our fearless adventurer managed to fumble about in a thoroughly inept manner (who does this remind you of ;)?!), almost dying before reinforcements arrived.

The player in question decided subsequent to the encounter that his PC had developed an overwhelming fear of rats...all rats. Thereafter, whenever the group came across rats (wererats, dire rats, sewer rats, etc.) his character would let loose a bloodcurdling scream and begin either fleeing or hacking about in a blind panic. It was hilarious and most entertaining to behold :D!!

Old One

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Rats with swords!

Quickbeam said:

In a campaign I DM'ed last year (1st and 2nd level characters), one of the PCs was scouting ahead of the party and stumbled onto a nest of dire rats. The rats rolled very well during the encounter, while our fearless adventurer managed to fumble about in a thoroughly inept manner (who does this remind you of ;)?!), almost dying before reinforcements arrived.

The player in question decided subsequent to the encounter that his PC had developed an overwhelming fear of rats...all rats. Thereafter, whenever the group came across rats (wererats, dire rats, sewer rats, etc.) his character would let loose a bloodcurdling scream and begin either fleeing or hacking about in a blind panic. It was hilarious and most entertaining to behold :D!!

QB -

I love it when PCs develop quirks like that. Back in the 2E days, I played swashbuckler-type who was dashing, brave and fearless...unless he was confronted by bugs.

I had him make a WIS check anytime he had to fight bugs...failure meant he panicked and ran away at top speed for 1-4 rounds. An encounter with a giant tick almost killed the entire party because Arturio ran away:D!

~ Old One

Old One

First Post
Thanks!

Pillars of Hercules said:
Great to have you and the Faded Glory story hour back in business, Old One.

Man, the party is really desperate for a nap and some heal spells, eh?

P of H -

Thanks for stopping by...the action is once again underway. Look for the next update soon!

~ Old One

Tortoise

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Old One's Back!

Old One said:

Tortoise -

Whatever are you talking about?

:D :D :D!

~ Old One

If I explained what I was talking about it would be a spoiler for upcoming bits of the tale you're telling, and I enjoy watching the readers squirm as much as you enjoy watching the party squirm during play! :D

Lela

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: Old One's Back!

Tortoise said:

If I explained what I was talking about it would be a spoiler for upcoming bits of the tale you're telling, and I enjoy watching the readers squirm as much as you enjoy watching the party squirm during play! :D

LOL!!!!!!!!

Corey II

First Post
My response to Old One’s most excellent soon-to-have-baby news. Re-posted here at his request:

And lo, the Rat Bastard DM will be laid low by a child in swaddling clothes. His scheming will be interrupted by squalling. His maps will be vomited upon. His dice will be consumed.

Yea, even his vaunted familiar- The Table of Elemental Evil- will be reduced to a mere changing station, shrouded in a layer of half-digested formula.

Thus speaks the sorcerer, Quintus, whose experience, both in RL and Faded Glory, ensures the truth of these predictions.

Congrats buddy,
Corey

BTW- will trade advice for xp or denarri.

Additional prediction- His fine clothes, made of player-hide, will bear small, white milk-burp stains on each shoulder. (You parents out there know what I’m talking about.)

Remove ads