• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Shadows VII - A Faded Glory Story Hour (Re-Updated - 5/17)

What Do You Like Best About This Story Hour?

• The Campaign World

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • The Characters

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • The Multitude of Plot Lines

• The Narrative/Action

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • The Whole Package!

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Nothing! It Sucks!

WSmith

First Post
If you are willing to give up your rights to the setting for $120,000, (I darn tootin' I would :D) then go for it.

Honestly, if you entered, I would be VERY disapointed if it didn't make it into the top 3, (even though I think you can take the title from Greenwood! :) )

Funny I made that comment. I remember your talk about leaving the FR for something new and your own. How ironic would that be if Faded Glory was the successor to FR?

Lela

First Post
We're rooting for you!

At one time or another, I believe we've all mentioned how much of a hit it would be if you wrote a novel or published your campaign world Old One. In fact, when I saw the anouncement, I immediatally decided to sudjest that you go for it.

As always, you've got my full support.

[Edit: Just make sure WotC can't steal your ideas if you don't win. I don't know why that occered to me, but it seems important all of a sudden.]

Last edited:

Darklone

Re: Whadda Ya Think?

Old One said:
Greetings All!

Along with half of the EN Board posters...I am thinking of submitting the Faded Glory setting to WOTC. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Check for copyrights. :D Jewel cities and sooo...

But then: Go for it. Though I am not really sure if it's only the setting that makes me like your and Sepulchraves storyhours so much. The settings are great and well thought, but I got no idea how much you still got in your sleeve to shock your readers and players! Looking back though, I think it's tooooo much to submit! :D

Man, how can they possibly think to put a SETTING on one page??? I think they know what they want and are looking for something that hits their ideas.

Dougal DeKree

First Post
Re: Re: Whadda Ya Think?

Darklone said:
Man, how can they possibly think to put a SETTING on one page???

you use a VERY small font-size :)

As for the topic: Go for it, Old One! They might very well be aware of many people actually liking not-too-much-magic-settings...

Dougal DeKree, retired gnomish Illusionist.

Corey II

First Post
Re: Whadda Ya Think?

Old One said:
Greetings All!

Along with half of the EN Board posters...I am thinking of submitting the Faded Glory setting to WOTC. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

~ Old One

I'm shocked you slowed down to ask.

"Who Dares, Wins" and all that other military motivational hoohaah. Even the $20,000 would be a nice start for Young One's college fund.

Corey

Old One

First Post
Submission...

Thanks for all of the replies:D!

I just finished a couple of rough drafts...it is tough to get it all onto one page! I plan on sending it off tomorrow.

Good luck to anyone else who is trying!

~ Old One

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Me too

I'm going to enter, I figure worst case senario: I make it to the next cut and have to come up with 10 pages :eek:

I hope you found a way to mention your economic model in the entry.

Lela

First Post
When (noit if) you make the next cut, be sure to mention the little quarks your towns and cities have. You know, the lamp lighters for one (Everburning Torch). WotC seems to like that kind of thing.

Darklone

And don't forget the economic system. And all the ties around the world. Things that make your setting look alive.

Remove ads