Against the Slavers, Part 1

Snipehunt

First Post
The ships are a maximum of 15' apart, average of 10', but the rocking of the waves closes/increases the distance. The ropes are fairly loose, and it appears the pirates aren't making much effort to secure the ropes or to draw the ships closer after the initial contact.

Someone, I know facing for your PC has changed, but it's a pain in the buttar to get 4-square facing right in the map, esp. w/ color. I'm not going to change it unless it becomes relevant - and I mean really relevant! :) Same with the Ogre.

Someone

Adventurer
Norbac advances and crosses to the pirate ship. It notices the 1600 lbs of the now huge half-orc.

[Cross to the pirate ship, making a pair with Rowena. I don´t think I can attack now, but maybe I can make attacks of opportunity (3 per round right now, attack +12, damage 2d6+10 with the Large longspear)]

Festy_Dog

First Post
Fealnne, seeing Rowena is unarmoured, gets Tyrion to defend her, and attack whichever pirate is closest to her. Fealnne then fires on the enemies occupying the other ship's crow's nest.

Fealnne's attack rolls:
rolled 17 + 11 = 28 (damage: rolled 8 + 3 = 11)
rolled 9 + 6 = 15 (damage: rolled 5 + 3 = 8)

Tyrion's 'fly-by' attack rolls:
rolled 12 + 8 = 20 (damage: rolled 1 - 2 = 1)

OOC: I'm guessing that Sarloss is belowdecks as he doesn't appear on the map.

IC:
Sarloss will retrieve his weapons and make his way up to the deck. After assessing the situation, he will get to a rope and climb across to the pirate ship.

OOC: Once he crosses, he will pull both his shortswords and find the nearest pirate to attack.

Li Shenron

Legend
OOC: Just a note: Maelstrom|? |18|34|34| Shield.

Actually, the Initiative is 8, the AC should be 23 (10 + 3Dex + 1Gloves + 4ChainShirt + 1AmuletNaturalArmor + 4Shield*), but the Hp are only 28.

*probably about 5 minutes left

maddmic

Explorer
Bribben is content to stay on the parties ship until things change. As he pulls his hand back in a ready motion, his spear returns to him only to be thrown at the enemy again. He takes careful aim at the captain and let's the spear fly.

OOC:
He will throw his spear at the captain of the pirate ship. I am going to let you roll my combat actions as I am heading off on my honeymoon. I will not be posting until the 29th of this month at the earliest. Feel free to take control over Bribben and Kiya as needed.

Li Shenron

Legend
Mäelström wants to take a look at which kind of weaponry the pirates are wielding, especially the pirate captain and the ogre. He will try to identify if there are any spellcasters together with the pirates (if he notices any spells being cast or any weird visible magic-looking effects ongoing on the pirates).

He is staying for the moment on the party's ship but keeps an eye on how the allies are going with the battle in case they need support. In the first round available he casts a Magic Missile against the pirate captain (no miss chance, ignores cover and else...).

Rolls summary:
Magic Missile (Arcane Failure Chance) = d10 = 4 > 1 (Ok)
Magic Missile (Damage) = 3d4 + 3 = (2 + 2 + 3) + 3 = 11
http://krisinchico.brinkster.net/se...rname=Mäelström

Snipehunt

First Post
Fealnne hits one pirate with two arrows. The pirate falls to the deck, barely missing fellows massing to attack. Only 3 pirates remain in the rigging on the pirate ship.

Bribben throws his spear at the captain, barely visible beyond the hulking Ogre. Despite the distance, the spear runs straight and true at the captain's head. At the last instant, the ship rocks in an exceptionally large wave, raising the Ogre into the spear's path. It hits the Ogre in a shoulder the size of a boulder. It screams thunderously, and grabs at the spear as it disappears to reappear suddeny in Bribben's hand.

[color=sandy brown]Norbac[/color], the size of a small horse, grabs several of the grappling lines and crawls across on a rudimentary bridge made possible, and necessary, by his large size, The ships lean towards each other as his immense weight bears down. Two hands the size of small ale-casks grab the side of the pirate ship. Several pirates look with dismay at the looming, supernaturally large half-orc climbing aboard, and at the huge spear now threatening them.

OOC - I don't increase weight of itmes 8x with enlarge, so don't worry about collapsing under the weight of your gear. What are you doing about reach? W/ longspear in both hands, you don't threaten he 2 squares adjacent to you at large size.

Sarloss climbs out from the hold, and quickly crawls hand-over-hand to the pirate ship. Once there, he draws both shortswords and prepares to attack.

OOC - I'm not going to allow drawing weapons as part of the move across the ships, as your hands are tied up. {heh} So, one move to cross, one to draw swords.

The pirates swarm at the invaders, all dropping crossbows to the ground and drawing wicked cutlasses, battle-axes, great-zxes, and other weapons. The 3 in the crow's nests have standing orders - fire at any combatant not holding a sword first. Seeing only Maelstrom on the other ship, and unable to hit Norbac because of their comrades, they aim at Maelstrom. Two of the bolts are jarred off course by the magical forces protecting Maelstrom, but one bolt drives unerringly at the magic-user, causing 2 points of damage.

3 pirates bravely grab lines hanging from the mast and swing over to the Folly, dropping to the deck and drawing great-axes. The orcs growl and whip themselves up into a frenzy, howling death oaths in their harsh orcish tongue.

7 pirates swarm to attack Rowena and Norbac. Several of them howl and lather at the mouth as they surge forward. Norbac gets an AoO on one of them (depending on what he does for reach).

Three of the pirates, orcs dripping foam and swingin great-axes with ferocious might, attack the cleric of Kord. Making up for a lack of tactics with sheer force, they batter at his breastplate with mighty blows. One orc slashes towards Norbac's waist, a blow that would have decapitated him before his magical growth. Instead, the axe blade slices through his breastplate like butter, causing (erp) 24 points of damage.

"You should be fighting with us, not dieing against us," one howls in Orcish as blood courses down the cleric's side.

A seedy-looking human with jagged, yellow teeth and a broken nose slashes with a cutlass, but misses the giant cleric.

3 others, a seedy looking human and 2 half-orcs, attack Rowena. The human, wearing white clothes covered with red polka-dots, slashes with a cutlass. Rowena, still recovering from her climb aboard, is unable to dodge in time, taking 3 points of damage from a slash across her fore-arm. The 2 half-orcs attack with battle-axes, timing their swings so that a dodge from one will run into the full force of the other. However, they miss badly, the axes colliding in mid-swing. With a clang and a yelp by its owner, one axe goes flying off the ship to to splash in the sea below.

Finally, 3 pirates attack Saarloss. All three humans badly in need of a bath and a shave, one manages to hit with a cutlass. The other two miss.

The captain yells out, "Cut the lines, ya dogs, and push the boarders inta tha sea!" He fumbles at a belt pouch and, with some mystical gestures, casts a spell. A ball of flame burns away 40' of ropes attaching the two ships, and causing a momentary wall of flame to arise between them, almost catching Saarloss as he crosses over.

You can now only cross on the front half of the ship.

I'll adjust the rest of the maps tommorrow - getting too late.

Remove ads