Against the Slavers, Part 1

Li Shenron

Legend
Snipehunt said:
I'll adjust the rest of the maps tommorrow - getting too late.

Ok, I'll wait for the map because I am already confused... :rolleyes: Please try to draw also where the crossing point are.

Anyway, how many crow's nest are there in the pirate's ship? I am not sure what a crow's nest is: is it the small place on the top of the mast to look into the distance?

Hey, what happened to my Magic Missile? Did it hit or was it blocked by anything weird? I'll try a Spellcraft check against the fire spell cast by the captain.

Snipehunt

First Post
Your magic missile hasn't hit yet - you're not up until after Gwystyl.

Crows nest is a small partially-enclosed platform on the top of a mast, which I consider part of the rigging mostly because it's easier. There are two pirates in one, one pirate in the other.

And I am updating the map. Now.

Snipehunt

First Post
Anybody with even a hint of spellcraft recognizes the spell cast by the pirate captain as a fireball, aimed down between the ships.

Gwystyl is up, than Maelstrom, then top of the order. If you are confused about something, please ask about exactly what confuses you.

Someone

Adventurer
OOC - I don't increase weight of itmes 8x with enlarge, so don't worry about collapsing under the weight of your gear. What are you doing about reach? W/ longspear in both hands, you don't threaten he 2 squares adjacent to you at large size.

Depends on what actual rule do you follow. In the equipment section, items of double size weight double, so there´s no problem with increased size and equipment weight. Sorry for not being clear about the spear: spears are the favored weapon of Trithereon, and Norbac´s primary weapon, so assume Norbac´s using it unless specifically stated otherwise. I know he can´t reach near squares with the spear, but figured he could threaten almost the whole ship with it. The spell, however, was intended for the party´s main fighters: I think we should polish out tactics in the OOC thread.

7 pirates swarm to attack Rowena and Norbac. Several of them howl and lather at the mouth as they surge forward. Norbac gets an AoO on one of them (depending on what he does for reach).

He used the longspear.

Back IC:

The pain almost makes Norbac fall on his knees, but while the wound is deep, it´s bearable. "Is that all?" says while drawing his mace and bringing it down right in the face of the pirate that hit him.

[Move equivalent: draw mace while holding the spear in the left hand. Attack: 30 damage: 16]

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Rowena

Rowena will strike back at the human who attacked her, if he falls on her first strike, she will aim her second at the half-orc still holding an axe. "The wages of slavers is death! You are all going to die!"

OOC: I'll let you roll, for now, if you don't mind.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Fealnne's brow furrows as he tries to make a choice, then he turns his bow on the orcs attacking Norbac.

Fealnne's attack rolls:
rolled 15 + 11 = 26 (damage: rolled 7 + 3 = 10)
rolled 18 + 6 = 24 (damage: rolled 6 + 3 = 9)

Tyrion swoops again at one of the sailor's attacking Rowena.

Tyrion's 'fly-by' attack roll:
rolled 5 + 8 = 13 (damage: rolled 4 - 2 = 2)

OOC: Not sure whether Sarloss made it to the pirate ship AND drew his shortswords already but his next couple of actions will be climb to the ship, get his shortswords in hand and attack the nearest orc. He will attempt to get close to another of the PC's that made it over to the pirate ship if possible.

Li Shenron

Legend
Snipehunt said:
Gwystyl is up, than Maelstrom, then top of the order. If you are confused about something, please ask about exactly what confuses you.

Ok, you already have my actions for Mäelström after Gwystyl plays.

Now the map looks better, only there's still Fealnne missing... or is he belowdeck?

One question: are there any stairs going up the raised front/rear castles?

Snipehunt

First Post
As one of the pirates charged towards Norbac and Rowena, the giant cleric's spear darts out and stabs clear through the chest of one human. Time seems to stop as he stands stock-still for several seconds, wobbling on unstead knees. His dark blue eyes roll back in his head as the cutlass drops from his outstretched hand. As Norbac draws out the spear, blood gushes from the pirate's mouth and he collapses to the ground.

OoC -

Feallne's in the crow's nest. He's not on the map b/c I thought the geography was more important. My woeful mapping skills work against the party. :( There are stairs going to the upper decks. Should have put those in, huh? :eek:

Saarloss has both swords drawn.

We're waiting on Uriel, and I'll adjust the map to show the newly-killed pirate. I know I haven't differentiated them on the map, but there's little difference between them. The three on the Folly are half-orcs who are foaming at the mouth, growling and chanting. Three of the pirates around Norbac and Rowena are half-orcs doing likewise. The others are half-orcs or humans carrying cutlasses, scimitars, or similar weapons.

Last edited:

Remove ads