• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Storm: Luskan (Summoning shaff)

DM_Matt

First Post
Ravin sits in his small rented house, staring into the fire burning in his fireplace and pondering its chaotic, destructive beauty as he tosses various substances into it to watch how they burn. He hears a crash downstairs. Folowed by an explosion apparently someone tried to break down the front door, activating his explosive traps. As expected, he hears a whining noise that he identifies to be his Alarm spell being triggered. You hear a gruff voice shout "POLICE! Come out where I can see you with your hands up!"

shaff

First Post
DM_Matt said:
hmmm....I need some element of passion or loyalty, something to give him a reason to join up...Although I suppose that I can just give you a vision from your god or something...

after his mother never returned he has always wanted to get further away from this place, just thought i would let u know.;)

Im also a devoted follower of whoever the god of the woodlands is in your world... or if u dont have 1, then the god of nature.

Last edited:

Tanstaafl

First Post
DM_Matt said:

"Whoa, careful there. You must be Mecholithi. You can call me Jonathan. You OK? <Jonathan bends down and extends his hand to help her up>

Mecholithi ignores the profered hand and rises quickly to her feet in one fluid motion.

"I'm fine, thank you."

She takes a step back and sheaths her sword (keeping one hand on it).

"I believe you have a message for me."

edit: Is it a bad sign when you mis-spell your character's name?

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
Ravin sees an Orge-Mage just inside the doorway with the well-tailored purple uniform of an officer in Storm's army. Next to him are tow hobgoblins with XBows drawn, cocked, and pointed at the stairs. You hear noises and see several armed and uniformed orcs running around downstairs ahouting in Orcish.

"We haven't much time, Jonathan says. Our companions are currently holed up in an inn by the seashore. They don;t know it yet, but they are surrounded by police and soldiers. They aren't going to get out without a diversion. A few more will be meeting with us, and then we will make one. <Looks at Mecholithi's somewhat swollen chin> You sure I can't help...Its my sacred duty, after all. <his right hand glows>? Again, I'm very sorry. I'm just a bit, on edge...the past week or two have not been kind to me."

Tanstaafl

First Post
Mecholithi fingers her chin gingerly.
"Yeah, but do it quickly and lets get moving. What sort of a diversion did you have in mind?"

After he heals her...

"C'mon, lead the way to the inn. We can talk about a plan as we go."

Calim

First Post
Ok what did I do this time?

"May I help you, ummm erm gentlmen?" assessing the situation quickly a spell comes quickly to mind readied to cast if he is given the wrong answer to the question.

DM_Matt

First Post
Calim said:
Ok what did I do this time?

"May I help you, ummm erm gentlmen?" assessing the situation quickly a spell comes quickly to mind readied to cast if he is given the wrong answer to the question.

OGM: "Come out where I can see you, pyro-freak. Someone blew the top floor of the Black Unicorn and the guard towers on the roof to firey little bits about an hour ago. Come out of there. We have some questions to ask you..but not here..."

DM_Matt

First Post
Tanstaafl said:
Mecholithi fingers her chin gingerly.
"Yeah, but do it quickly and lets get moving. What sort of a diversion did you have in mind?"

After he heals her...

"C'mon, lead the way to the inn. We can talk about a plan as we go."

Jonathan rubs his hand quickly accross her chin, and it heals completely.

"The inn is accross the street from the docks. They are trapped on the top floor with a small army outside surrounding the building, plus a good-sized horde of civilian onlookers. We will be meeting up with a few others before busting them out of there. The fire mage should be particularly useful...

Remove ads