• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Age of Heroes - LR Gestalt Game (Roll Call)

Wrahn

First Post
Just as a way of explaination of Ununkua'em's name. In the fluff text of the warmind class it refers to Ununquam the Vanquisher, a warrior of great prowess whom some of the teachings of the Warmind was based.

In races of stone they give a random name generator which the closest that it comes to Ununquam was Ununkua'em, thus the name and a little more background than absolutely necessary. :)

Lord_Raven88

First Post
I'm still waiting on Amazing Triangle and Ferrix to post their actions then I'll update the IC thread accordingly, also Voidrazor can you include a little bit more detail, such as your AC, HP's and attack mods for your two listed actions.

Also before something nasty happens to you all :] I would like to get you input on a 'hypothetical' scenario ;)

How much damage does a 6500 lb object cause when it jumps falls from a 30 foot height.

By my calculation it would cause 32d6 (6500 / 200 lbs) + 2d6 (1d6 per 10' fallen past the first 10' drop), for a total of 34d6 *ouch* :heh:

To be fair if such an object were to fall on some luckless suckers :uhoh: , I'd have to allow a DC 15 Reflex Save.

Probably :lol:

I bet you're all glad you not faced with such a situation :p

Shayuri

First Post
That'd be oddly suicidal tactics for a mindless construct. Unless its masters gave it routine instructions to climb up and jump on people. :)

Voidrazor

First Post
Shayuri said:
That'd be oddly suicidal tactics for a mindless construct. Unless its masters gave it routine instructions to climb up and jump on people. :)

The construct would only take 2d6. Beings foolish enough to be standing underneath when it landed would, at least theoretically, take the 34 dice.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Shayuri said:
lol...ahhh, D&D physics. Where a falling object can exert more force on what it hits, than what it hits exerts on it. It's magic! :)
It does seem a bit strange I agree, then again if you drop a coin from 200 feet it can kill someone if it hits, while not being destroyed itself.

Or so I here, I haven't actually tried it myself, honest

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe, I -believe- you! ;)

But really, what you're talking about there is a difference in composition and density. The person's skull "hits" the coin with the same force that the coin hits the skull. But the skull and flesh are softer, more brittle, and thus break. Thus, the person is injured.

The force on the coin will likely deform it, but since metal is pretty tough stuff, it's unlikely it'll be "destroyed." :)

In D&D terms, just consider the coin to have a high Hardness, that sucks up most of the damage, wheras the luckless victim has none.

Remove ads