Age of Mortals - Knights of Solamnia (1st Summer)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Thom leaves the room and starts heading towards the source of the smoke, walking swiftly; he expects that by the time he gets there, another knight will have organized the fire-fighting, so he's in less of a hurry than he'd be otherwise.

It's roughly 15-20 minutes on foot, from the castle to the bakery. There seems to be a small crowd moving in the same direction, and two young men wearing peasants garbs are run past you along the way. Obviously, they are in more of a hurry.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Aerion, once directed, approaches the slightly odd gnome, "Lord Steve, I assume, I've been told you are the man to see to find someone around here. I'm looking for Matelda Bretel, where might her room be located?"

Metelda Bretel? Well... hmmm...

A guest you say? Well... then...

Where might she be staying perhaps? Or where she is now... humm...

Try her room first, three floors up, on the east wing, fifth hallway on the right, ninth room in that corridor. Called the White Ravens Loft by the mice. I've never been quite sure why though...

Creamsteak

Explorer
Lichtenhart said:
(OOC: Knowledge: Nobility and Royalty +10)

You've heard only one note of the Lord Bethanus. A guard, supposedly employed by the man, once called his lord, "The worst boss I've ever had."

Aurnia with a slight blush and perplexed look quickly denies Tris’ words as they walk through the keep, “Well I would hardly call myself a proper lady. I always try to look upon myself as a knight first, and a female second, and I hope my actions make other see me in the same light so I hardly see an issue with my feminine presence being in a dungeon… The truth is I’ve been in worse places…” a small smile forms as she finishes her words, “but I would be much obliged to have your company brother.”

After nodding her head and giving a smile in gratitude at the servant Aurnia turns back to towards her brother with the same thankful smile, “I’ve not yet meet the man, I simply know of his stories so I cannot answer the first question but I’m sure all will be fine. Since you almost seem insistent in worrying about me wait here and I’ll send word if I will be gone long, okay?”

Assuming there is no real protest in her actions Aurnia moves down the passage, subconsciously taking all sixteen paces before turning to knock upon the door, “Lord Bethanus? It is I, Aurnia Shatterstone, here upon your request to speak with me.”

The door swings open without more than a moments notice. The greeting person is perhaps a bit awkward. He is a tall, pasty, long (curly) black haired individual with a tiny and extremely thin mustache consisting of two perfectly trimmed triangles of blondish fuzz. His eyes look like silly goggles at first, because both of them hang low, always looking towards the ground. At first this seems intentional, until he manages to raise his one working eye to look at his visitors.

"Ah, the heir-de Shatterstone... good to see you. I am Lord Herandax Bethanus, Knight of the Crown. I only wish for a moment of your time."

He pauses, then steps into his quarters. They smell of fresh meat and old blood. The oddity of the ichor's smell is not too different from a battlefield. Bethanus offers up a seat in a clean but uncushioned chair, of which there are three in the room, and then asks, "Is your step-brother with you? This may concern him as well."

Ferrix

Explorer
Creamsteak said:
Metelda Bretel? Well... hmmm...

A guest you say? Well... then...

Where might she be staying perhaps? Or where she is now... humm...

Try her room first, three floors up, on the east wing, fifth hallway on the right, ninth room in that corridor. Called the White Ravens Loft by the mice. I've never been quite sure why though...

Aerion gives a slight nod of thanks and the quickly departs, on his way to the White Ravens Loft. Looking to the outside he attempts to tell how much longer till the evening ball.

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Apparently still on my way to the source of the fire.

(I'm going to assume for Evil E here)

When you arrive at the place of the fire, a knight (Merritt) comes out of the building with a woman in a white gown and an elderly halfling. Merritt seems somewhat choked by the smoke, and willfully takes aid that is offered.

The building continues to burn, and the fire brigade tries to work to put out the flames. Soon, however, one of the main supports falls out inside the building, dooming it to destruction. The fire brigade tries to keep the flames from spreading (luckily, as a bakery, this building is about 50 feet away from the nearest structure).

Creamsteak

Explorer
Ferrix said:
Aerion gives a slight nod of thanks and the quickly departs, on his way to the White Ravens Loft. Looking to the outside he attempts to tell how much longer till the evening ball.

At this point, it is less than two hours from the evening ball.

When you reach the "White Ravens Loft", you see that it is isolated into one of the most cramped hallways in the fortress. You can tell that this is meant to be a fortified wall, the stone is nearly three times as thick here as it is in the interior keep. This causes the hall to be only three feet wide throughout. When you reach the 9th room in this corridor, you find a door made of a sturdy wood and apparently latched shut from the inside. You can hear the faint sounds of discussion going on within, but you can't seem to identify the words.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Thom will ask if anyone inside is still unaccounted for; if someone's missing, he will use his Protection from Fire spell and enter to look for them. If not, he will simply assist in containing the fire until there is no more threat of it spreading, then return to the castle.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
"I think I got the last two." Merritt coughs. "Is everyone okay?"

Merritt helps tend the victims* and keep the fire at bay. He also asks Mother Reed what happened.

*OOC: I've got a Cure Light and a Cure Moderate prepped for the day. I can also spont a half a dozen more if necessary.

Remove ads