Age of Mortals - The Knights of Solamnia

Lichtenhart

First Post
#1,2 and 4 here as well. And I can step back should a newbie come by. Still no idea about a char, so I may try to fill in the party's weak spots.

Jarval

Explorer
Ah, I'm clocking in with just 1 and 4, so it looks like I might be a little further down the list that some :\ If there's room for me, then great, but it only seems fair to let people who've actually got 3e Dragonlance books in first.

Now if this was a 2e game, I'd be set... :D

Kahuna Burger

First Post
No book for me, though I wouldn't mind picking it up, and since I didn't get tallied, I don't know if I count for 1... :( ..... :p

However, if there was room (and if the concept would fit), I'd very much like to try the monk/paladin gestalt. She (or he, are female knights allowed?) would have come fairly late to to the order, at the conclusion of a very civilized resistance of the common folk/serfs to a minor local lord. (S)he was officially granted a small amount of lands in the same negotiated ending which are now farmed as a collective of former serfs. Known widely as the Peasant Knight, (s)he distains the heavy armor and traditional weapons of the order except for ceromonial purposes, often fighting barehanded or with a simple quarterstaff.

Kahuna Burger

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Creamsteak said:
Was she really a half-kender? If so, I'll need some idea of what "half-kender" adjustments to stats would be (or just go with full kender or full human).

Yes, he really was a half-kender. I don't necessarily need to use any different stats than another human; height and attitude will be enough to convey the character.

If it helps my chances any, though I don't own the 3E ruleset (until I can afford it, which depends on when my prospective boss calls me back about my hours), I have all of the setting material for a campaign set anywhere before the War of Souls.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Paxus Asclepius said:
If it helps my chances any, though I don't own the 3E ruleset.

It's pretty straight forward d20, minus a PrC or two, at least for warriors if you do something crazy like arcane magic you are going to need the main book...

I will scan the Knight of the Crown PrC if anyone should need it... :)

Knight Otu

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Yes, the Knights of Solamnia do not discriminate against race or gender... :)
Actually, I believe only humans and the occasional half-elf are allowed...

page 55 said:
The knights have honored exceptional individualsof other races with titles, such as in the case of the dwarven hero Kharas, but stopped short of admitting them into the knighthood
But then again, this is Creamsteaks game and I said I would pass, so I better leave the thread. :p

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Knight Otu said:
Actually, I believe only humans and the occasional half-elf are allowed...

Indeed, traditional this was the way it was but things have changed... Nor sure what era we are playing in, I hope War of the Lance or before, dragonlords do little for me, or my concept.

Reading the book it states that they give titles but not knighthood, but this is all background and fluffy information as the PrCs themselves says nothing about race or gender restrictions. (I believe the main book is set in "modern" Krynn and I haven't read the latest Hickman and Weis trilogy so I try not to read to closely. I stopped with Dragons of Summer Flame.)

Remove ads