Age of Mortals - The Knights of Solamnia

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
CS, I got a few questions for you… :)

1] Have we pegged this down to a date during the age of mortals yet? (The timeline begins on pg. 198 and continues through pg. 210)

2] Are the divine feats in the complete warrior a yay or a nay? (Mainly divine might and divine shield)

3] Lastly my character meets all the requirements for Knight of the Sword, which you need to be 7th level for, but the requirements for the long quest, the noble deeds, etc (See Knightly Virtue pg. 58) are still in the way. Will the game progress in a way that these goals could be meet and she, at least that’s the character gender for now, could advance as a sword knight next level? :) (Sorry, I always like to plan out advancement.)

Ferrix

Explorer
Brother Shatterstone said:
CS, I got a few questions for you? :)
3] Lastly my character meets all the requirements for Knight of the Sword, which you need to be 7th level for, but the requirements for the long quest, the noble deeds, etc (See Knightly Virtue pg. 58) are still in the way. Will the game progress in a way that these goals could be meet and she, at least that?s the character gender for now, could advance as a sword knight next level? :) (Sorry, I always like to plan out advancement.)

Creamsteak said:
If you wish, your character can have passed up to two of the tests to become a Knight of the Sword, but you will need to provide the story of it so that it can be references, should you ever be called upon for promotion or your honor questioned. You cannot supercede the combat test, facing an opponent in single combat, because I just love designing those sorts of encounters and want to do so.

This might help you a little bit, or I'm confused. Your choice.

I have a couple of character ideas, but I would need help on background, and I don't want to start working on it until I know if I am in. Do we know if any newbies have joined yet? :) I don't think any have posted...

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ferrix said:
This might help you a little bit, or I'm confused. Your choice.
Yeah that helps allot. I didn't realize he had edited the previous post. :)

Goddess FallenAngel said:
I don't want to start working on it until I know if I am in. Do we know if any newbies have joined yet? :) I don't think any have posted...
I've done some groundwork but I'm in the same boat about going on in any type of detail... :)

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
So what are the basic concepts so far?

I was thinking fighter/rogue, for the skilled, tactical fighter type (improved feint, disarm, etc.)

Someone mentioned a paladin/monk

And I imagine Brother Shatterstone is playing about with something that has the ability to turn undead, cleric/something or paladin/something, perhaps paladin/cleric.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Paladin's out, as per my edits of the first four posts. If Paladins exist in the setting, they would be restricted to no more than one per god of a particular alignment (so perhaps Mina was a Paladin of Tyranny) at a given time.

I'll run this with the players that have currently posted in this thread. If others ask, I'll consider them, but for now it will just be this group (Brother S, Goddess, Ferrix, Jarval, Paxus, Kahuna, and LH).

CS, I got a few questions for you…

1] Have we pegged this down to a date during the age of mortals yet? (The timeline begins on pg. 198 and continues through pg. 210)

2] Are the divine feats in the complete warrior a yay or a nay? (Mainly divine might and divine shield)

3] Lastly my character meets all the requirements for Knight of the Sword, which you need to be 7th level for, but the requirements for the long quest, the noble deeds, etc (See Knightly Virtue pg. 58) are still in the way. Will the game progress in a way that these goals could be meet and she, at least that’s the character gender for now, could advance as a sword knight next level? (Sorry, I always like to plan out advancement.)

1) Nope, but probably at the same time as the Modules begin, so at the end of the Books listing I believe.

2) Sure, I'm fine with one or the other or both.

3) Wherever we start, it will still be a few months before the next council. You have to petition to join the Knights of the Sword, but you will need to meet all the criteria they have. You can always choose to fore-go leveling if you like, if it helps you with y our progression. That would be your best option, as I highly doubt you will meet all of the other criteria before the next meeting, though there is a chance obviously.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Kahuna Burger said:
No book for me, though I wouldn't mind picking it up, and since I didn't get tallied, I don't know if I count for 1... :( ..... :p

However, if there was room (and if the concept would fit), I'd very much like to try the monk/paladin gestalt. She (or he, are female knights allowed?) would have come fairly late to to the order, at the conclusion of a very civilized resistance of the common folk/serfs to a minor local lord. (S)he was officially granted a small amount of lands in the same negotiated ending which are now farmed as a collective of former serfs. Known widely as the Peasant Knight, (s)he distains the heavy armor and traditional weapons of the order except for ceromonial purposes, often fighting barehanded or with a simple quarterstaff.

Kahuna Burger

Paladin isn't allowed, but the Knight classes are the replacement, so your concept should be workable in a slightly different way. Also note, female knights have progressively become more and more common, though at one time when only Nobles were taken as Solamnic Knights I recall something about there only being female knights when a family has no male heirs to fill their duties to the order.

Creamsteak

Explorer
paladins don't exist...

and I'm looking at a Fighter 4/Noble 4/Cleric 2/Knight of the Crown 2

Minor quip, but I'd prefer it if Gestalt classes are distinctly listed seperately (so this would be Fighter-Noble 4/ Cleric-KoC 2.

Remove ads