Age of Worms character creation advice

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*three*

Ven,

Wow, that's some very MIXED bag multi-classing going on there! Ah so you're now going to fight in the Champions Arena huh? Good luck with that. While not the hardest spot in the path, it's certainly has moments were you go "Oh my god!!" Btw watch out for a certain frog...

You might want to have a few of your guys consider other viable not so many classes (base anyway) multiclassings.

It gets worse from there. Especially when you're summoned by Allustran's Master.

Jasin's right. SOMEONE has to be a cleric!

If the rogue/warlock can be convinced, tell him to stick with just Warlock. Warlocks can nuke good if necessary. Just wizards tend to do it better. That or sorcerers.

Wrathamon

Adventurer
I conviced the blade bravo to switch to cleric.

the unknown might play a warmage

i was thinking of a kenku Bard/Marshal/Mythic Exemplar to be wierd. :)

Holy Bovine

First Post
In my AoW game the party cleric is still kicking himself (somewhat) for taking 3 levels of Human Paragon (from Unearthed Arcana) and missing out on one level of clerical spell casting. They just hit 17th level and should be 18th by the time they finish the Island of Tilagos. That single level of missed clerical magic has been significant many times (the 3 levels of Human Paragon give 2 levels of spell casting for the spell casting class you belong to). Without some excellent feat selection and spell and scroll use on his part I estimate the party probably would have died 4 levels ago.

To Venator: you are not even half way into the Path yet. There are parts coming up that without a near full levelled cleric your party will be toast assuming the DM runs things as written. Hopefully, for your sakes, he tones at least one encounter way down.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*four*

HB is right. While the Champion's Belt games are tough part of the adventure, just wait until you get to meet Allustran's mentor and see where HE sends you. Then it's a fun romp around Greyhawk trying to find more about Kyuss and fighting his minions. Believe me, you guys will be sorely, sorely missing that cleric.

Wrath,

Why be weird? Just be a warlock. ;) But a warmage might indeed be useful. However I'm not sure that's going to be as good as a generalist. That said, a blaster type will be more than a little useful. Good luck my friend. May the wormspawn stay far from your brain pan. ;)

We've got a 1st-level warmage and we're not even through the Whispering Cairn and already realizing that a wizard would probably have been a better choice.

If you have more than four players, a warmage makes a good artillerist. But with just four characters, a warmage doesn't look like it's going to provide the necessary support that a generalist wizard would.

Remove ads