• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Age penalties for PCs... ever make an aged character?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
My StarWars character (Pete Canyon) is in his mid thirties (growing up on tatooine, he was inspired by the stories of a boy a few years older than him who won the Boonta Eve Classic...)

This was a character concept age but with no age penalties.

One of my friends in that same game is playing a human scoundrel who is a 13 year old girl. She gets nothing *but* penalties at the moment, but if she lasts another few years she is suddenly going to get a whole lot tougher!

Cheers

Darklone

Old characters

I played an old wizard in a LARP game once.... it was horribly funny. He was crippled and half lame and didn't see very well and everyone thought he was an archmage. He was good at magics, but throwing fireballs and stuff was a bit too strenous for him... He tended to be blown back onto his hurting back.

I don't think he ever cast more than cantrips but everyone respected him and asked him for advice. Ah well, and once three trolls who just knocked down the towngate fled as two halflings dragged him towards them and shouted: Now! the fireball! shoot! Too bad he didn't understand them and tried to keep his thick glasses on his nose to find out what was going on ...

Wee Jas

First Post
I have to say.. I thought Doc playing an old fart was going to be annoying as hell. Boy, was I wrong! Although we only had 20 minutes of gameplay I didn't stop laughing!

Drak

First Post
This story is gonna rule :)

doc- change the name to something more interesting! Who wants to read an "old farts" tale!

har har.. WHATEVER.

Last edited:

Remove ads