• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ahnehnois

First Post
The Psychic's Handbook has a Life Extension skill.

As far as WotC stuff, there's undeath, divinity, and alternate planes, but not really anything more straightforward that I'm aware of.

NichG

First Post
The reincarnate spell puts you in a young adult body of whatever you end up as, so if you can get someone to reincarnate you before you die of old age (which it cannot fix), you can keep that up forever until you run out of levels or constitution. 'Last Breath' is the even better version where you're only dead for one round and you don't take the level loss (if I recall correctly).

Quantum

First Post
Ring of regeneration.

I've always felt that one of the fringe benefits to having the regeneration power is because that regeneration would prevent the body from decaying. Regeneration rebuilds the body and prevents decay of thing slike cells and tissue and bones. However, I'm not sure if it would prevent something like Arthritis.

Oni

First Post
A phylactery?

:p

If you're willing to go outside of WotC sources, there was a ritual in Relics & Rituals that could grant immortality if I am remembering correctly. Someone had to die for that though.

yesnomu

First Post
The Druid and Monk's Timeless Body ability gives you perpetual youth (equally as important as lifespan), then you can combine with Reincarnation or Last Breath as mentioned before.

Krensky

First Post
The thing is, for almost all campaigns, it's just fluff. Most campaigns don't last long enough for aging to matter. This is part of why the Timeless Body ability is a tease. It looks like it's a cool, nifty ability, but it's really pointless since it has no effect unless you're going to use it to offset the physical effects of starting out with a middle aged or older character.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The thing is, for almost all campaigns, it's just fluff. Most campaigns don't last long enough for aging to matter. This is part of why the Timeless Body ability is a tease. It looks like it's a cool, nifty ability, but it's really pointless since it has no effect unless you're going to use it to offset the physical effects of starting out with a middle aged or older character.

Timeless Body isn't a complete waste. It prevents magical aging effects and allows the PC to gain the benefits of aging without the penalties. This means they don't lose Str, Dex or Con while gaining bonuses to their casting stats.

Timeless Body (Ex)
After attaining 15th level, a druid no longer takes ability score penalties for aging and cannot be magically aged. Any penalties she may have already incurred, however, remain in place.

Bonuses still accrue, and the druid still dies of old age when her time is up.

Timeless Body (Ex)
Upon attaining 17th level, a monk no longer takes penalties to her ability scores for aging and cannot be magically aged. Any such penalties that she has already taken, however, remain in place. Bonuses still accrue, and the monk still dies of old age when her time is up.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads