• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Age???

Zesty Gordita

First Post
I have a character that is a Half-dragon Tiefling, would the fact that he is a Half-dragon have any affect on his starting age or age categories? Or would his starting age just be as it says in the Planar Handbook for Tiefling (same as human) and progress similar to the Halfling (it says eldest members live to 150, and halfling average max is 150)?
Any help would be much appreciated!

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Absolutely nothing about Half-Dragon says it affects aging.

Your DM might rule that you get a few extra decades of peak health, but that would be a DM ruling and not a formal part of the template.

Icyshadowlord

First Post
I assume that despite there being no official charts in the basic books about it, there might be some age tables related to half-dragons in some of the Dragon-related books like Races of the Dragon.

As for Tieflings, I think they used the age tables for the common half-elf, or lived a bit shorter than a half-elf did. Either way, if you can, check the mentioned sources out concerning half-dragons, and see the Planar Handbook for things related to Tieflings.

Dandu

First Post
IIRC, there is no RAW basis for granting a half dragon extra lifespan, but the D&D fluff from various sourcebooks (and possibly novels) refer to half-dragons being longer lived.

Much like the mage-slaying monk, this is something that the designers might have intended, but failed to execute.

Zesty Gordita

First Post
That's what I was thinking as well. Even in the Races of the Dragon, it says that a Half-dragon Elf can rival an Ancient Wyrm in age... and that's a friggin long time.
Oh, and I changed my race to Half-dragon Catfolk.

Tovec

Explorer
That's what I was thinking as well. Even in the Races of the Dragon, it says that a Half-dragon Elf can rival an Ancient Wyrm in age... and that's a friggin long time.
Oh, and I changed my race to Half-dragon Catfolk.

See its comments like this that make me sad for roleplaying. Half-Dragon-Tiefling is so-so but a catfolk?

Ask the DM. If you are the DM - make it up.

Zesty Gordita

First Post
See its comments like this that make me sad for roleplaying. Half-Dragon-Tiefling is so-so but a catfolk?

Ask the DM. If you are the DM - make it up.

Are you implying that catfolk is a bad race? Or that it would be hard to roleplay a Half-dragon Catfolk? Cause I can argue against either one of those.

Icyshadowlord

First Post
I doubt the problem wasn't that catfolk are a bad race, but more that the combination of Half-Dragon and Catfolk seems (no offense) just silly/ridiculous.

It might be just me and Tovec, but hey. I'm not saying that Catfolk are bad, and Half-Dragons are cool too.

Remove ads