Agents of D.E.L.V.E.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Pik-ik-cha is quite pleased that the Paymasters have brought them to the desert, one of the only environments he felt truly comfortable in. Clicking his mandibles together in a sign of a contented thri-kreen, he crouches near the middle of the party, thick, mossy green chitin gleaming softly in the pale light. Yellow faceted eyes regard the watchmen with cool, detachted interest as a clear crystal stone orbited his head like a lazy fly. He wears little more than a leather harness for a bastard sword to be hung from, and a belt pouch at the juncture of the straps on his chest. To get to his gold one would have to get past four razor-sharp forelimbs. A pair of punching daggers are strapped to what would be the "wrists" of his upper forelimbs, and a bow and full quiver were strapped to his back. A sack hung from one "hip," obviously holding another quiver of arrows. Pik-ik-cha deigned to speak to them, simply content to lurk in the background and give the impression that it would be a very, very bad ideafor them to do something foolish.*

OOC - We were supposed to recover the book Liber Praesusomes, and kill the one who took it.

Kazadi nods and bows slightly, arms open and to the side. "My friends speak true. We seek naught but amicable passage. Are there laws for traveler's we are not aware of?" He pauses a moment. "If not than we must continue. We have many leagues journey ahead of us." He awaits response, maintaining his neutral posture.

Azaar

Explorer
Erran also remains quiet, although he, too, takes the opportunity to look around, although he does keep a close watch on the two guardsmen. No sense in being lax, after all: being lax gets you killed.

nonamazing

Explorer
Xid become edgy as the silence hangs in the air. He taps Erran on the shoulder, and whispers, "Something odd about these guardsmen...I can feel it in my old bones. But maybe I'm just being paranoid. What's your opinion here, soldier?"

Ferrix

Explorer
Eransyl clicks his fingers, keeping his disdain to himself, about what it far from obvious. .oO(I wonder what is so important about this book we are to seek out.)Oo.

Blue_Kryptonite

First Post
The guards appriase the group for a moment, then nod and smile. "Welcome, most welcome, good travellers. May you find good trade and a helpful map in Kashral. Our rules are simple. All weapons must be borne in plain view, or used not at all. Duels must not disrupt trade. All deaths will be compensated at standard rates, plus tax, of course. Follow back the way we came for safe passage to the Oasis."

With arms raised in salute, they ride back to the Kashral Oasis.

((No railroading here, I'll post again when I know where you're taking my storyline. :) ))

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
R'ae regards the watchmen as they ride off, back to the city. Turning to his associates he says, "The paymasters weren't very clear on their mission, were they? I suggest you all head towards the city. Myself, I think I'll take a quick look at the surroundings. I'll catch up with you soon. In case I lose track of you, let's meet at that city gate at dawn." He points to the gate nearest the party. "Well then, I'm off. Corellan protect you." R'ae spreads his magnificent wings and launches into the air. He will spend about an hour circling the nearby area, taking note of any interesting locales and zooming in for a closer look.

[sblock]OOC to Dr.: I understand your desire to refrain from "railroading," but that doesn't mean we make everything up... right? So... well, correct me if I'm wrong, but you're going to post a response to what R'ae sees in his flight.... Um... yeah. Maybe I'm just confused.[/sblock]

nonamazing

Explorer
Xid smirks as he watches the horsemen ride away. "Hrmph. I was getting nervous over nothing. This seems to be a fairly cosmoplitan area--they didn't even bink an eye at Pik-ik-cha over there." Xid points at the massive Thri-Kreen. "I have a feeling these people don't give a mighty rat's ass about who we are and where we came from, as long as we've got coin." He shrugs. "Should make our job easier, I guess."

Xid frowns when the winged elf takes off. "He shouldn't go running off on his own like that...he'll get in no end of trouble, and where will we be? Not in a position to bail him out, I'd wager. Still, I'd reckon a bit of overhead scouting couldn't do much harm, as long as he's careful about it."

"Let's start marching, eh? I've got a hunch that this city will make a nice base of operations while we check out that tower. Oh, why the tower, you ask? Well, it's the only thing around here of military significance. It pretty much has to be our target--I'm sure they didn't send us here to secure a handful of sand dunes."

Once the group is organized, Xid will begin marching toward the city.

Blue_Kryptonite

First Post
OOC post.

Rae ArdGaoth said:
]OOC to Dr.: I understand your desire to refrain from "railroading," but that doesn't mean we make everything up... right? So... well, correct me if I'm wrong, but you're going to post a response to what R'ae sees in his flight.... Um... yeah. Maybe I'm just confused.

No worries. All I'm saying is, if your group choses not to go to the Oasis, persuing some other avenue of exploration or investigation, that's fine with me. I just answer questions and narrate actions... you're the guys in the field. :D

Remove ads