• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Agricola

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Actually, you can actively hurt your opponents if you want- if you realize that they need, say, two cows to finish their cattle breeding program, you can buy the two cows before they can and make tons of hamburger. Then you eat delicious hamburger while they shriek in rage.

Right, but not "hurting" in the sense of killing their family members, torching their fields or slaughtering their animals, i.e. actively taking something away from them.

The only thing you can take away is their chance do to something by blocking that action. This can really hurt because of the long sequence of actions you have to perform to achieve something, but this usually happens because the active player needs this action too, not because he wants to hurt someone.

Cadfan

First Post
The only thing you can take away is their chance do to something by blocking that action. This can really hurt because of the long sequence of actions you have to perform to achieve something, but this usually happens because the active player needs this action too, not because he wants to hurt someone.
That all depends on how you play. :angel:

Korgoth

First Post
This may seem shallow, but I opened a demo copy at my FLGS (non-RPG) and... there weren't any little sheep!

See, the cantankerous-looking sheep on the cover of the box makes me want the game. But the absence of any actual wooden toy sheep makes the game seem totally boring.

I can play with blocks without paying 70 dollars!

scitadel

First Post
This may seem shallow, but I opened a demo copy at my FLGS (non-RPG) and... there weren't any little sheep!

See, the cantankerous-looking sheep on the cover of the box makes me want the game. But the absence of any actual wooden toy sheep makes the game seem totally boring.

I can play with blocks without paying 70 dollars!

Well, if you want to spend another (MSRP) $15, in October you should see some "WOODEN FARM ANIMAL SET(s) (60PCS)" on sale. Aka Animeeples. Just got the pre-order sheet from our distributors.

DonTadow

First Post
Well, if you want to spend another (MSRP) $15, in October you should see some "WOODEN FARM ANIMAL SET(s) (60PCS)" on sale. Aka Animeeples. Just got the pre-order sheet from our distributors.

I've been dodging this game with my wife. she loves it. I think its good, real good, and its a top ten game, but I am not a fan of the setup and the small selection of the 400 cards you use every game.

Remove ads