• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Agricola

Crothian

First Post
It was kind of funny. I had misread the amount of food the famers eat so I was expecting to need just one per person and not two. I was rereading the harvest rules during the final round before the first harvest and then realized I needed more food. I scrambled for some and thanks to having some farms barely had enough.

Crothian

First Post
Stables

Do they take up their own space or can animals be in the same space as stables? Do they have to be inclosed in the fence area, adjacent to the fenced area, or just anywhere on your board?

Cadfan

First Post
Stables can be in an otherwise empty space, or within an enclosed fence. If they are in an otherwise empty space they hold one animal, and at the end of the game are worth zero points (though the animal is scored normally, of course). Stables inside an enclosure double the animal holding capacity of the enclosure, and are worth one point at the end of the game (and of course the animals are still scored normally).

You can build a stable in an empty space and then later enclose it.

bobthehappyzombie

First Post
I find the thing that most heavily influences the game is the combination of minor improvements and occupations that you are delt.
Some of the cards seem >> than others.
Having a stone house is nice, but I've won with a 3 room wooden house.
Having a big family is nice, but it's not critical to get it early, I often just take family growth for the 3 points in the last round.
Getting livestock early as a food source can be an effective stratergy... but it is one amongst many.

Crothian

First Post
edit: Had questions but found a decent review of the game on you tube that was very informative.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
The solo version is pretty good. It would make a good little computer app though since messing with all those pieces ao one's own is a pain.

John Crichton

First Post
Excellent game. I picked up the all the animeeples, food, family and resource meeples shortly after. It's weird but it certainly makes the game much more fun than with the little colored blocks.

Remove ads