• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ahsoka - SPOILERS

Zardnaar

Legend
If Skoll does not die during this show, it will make things very awkward for that character, since sadly, the actor who played him, Ray Stevenson, died after filming was completed. It makes me wonder if they went back in and edited it so that the character does end up dying, if he previously did not.

Might have to recast of they didn't. Then kill him off?

Stalker0

Legend
Just finished up the first episode, the big thing I noticed is...

everyone....pauses.....on.....like.....every......word.....and.......action.

Seriously, I'm all for letting a scene breathe, but it felt like everyone was trying their best Kirk impersonation and seeing how long they could stretch out actions, words, basically everything.

Beyond that, and the space map that makes no damn sense to me so far (you put your super secret space map in an ancient temple.....why? Why does this super secret space map even exist? Why would anyone make such a thing? What happens if Thrawn moves....like anywhere? Its just such a terrible troupe at this point).

But anyway, the rest of the episode was fine enough I guess. New bad guys look cool enough, Ahsoka has a good look, Sabine seems alright. We get some background established.

So....decent enough, but certainly did not set any high bars out of the gate.

Clint_L

Hero
Or in other words, this show is great and all of this is awesome and just what we expect from Star Wars.
I will completely agree that there was nothing unexpected.
Beyond that, and the space map that makes no damn sense to me so far (you put your super secret space map in an ancient temple.....why? Why does this super secret space map even exist? Why would anyone make such a thing? What happens if Thrawn moves....like anywhere? Its just such a terrible troupe at this point).
It was absurd the first time they used this gimmick in The Force Awakens. At this point, it's self-parody. Which kind of makes it more entertaining, like sci-fi Spın̈al Tap.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
Told you that blade was red;)
The inquisitor’s blade is red, yes. But Skoll’s and Hati’s blades are orange.

3. How does Ahsoka know exactly how to solve that elaborate set-up? I mean, for all the challenge it poses, the villains should have just left the MacGuffin in a gift-wrapped box. The crumbly black pillar thing that encased it is the space equivalent of wrapping paper, I suppose; it certainly doesn't serve any protective purpose. Looks kind of cool, I guess?
Firstly, that was a Nightsisters temple. If you’ve seen the Clone Wars and/or played Jedi Fallen Order, you’ll know who they are. It appears Morgan is one of the few surviving Nightsisters.

Given that the Nightsisters use the Force as magic, I interpreted that scene as Ahsoka sensing the solution through the Force. It’s entirely possible that it was meant to be easily solvable by any reasonably powerful Force user.

Secondly, I am assuming that neither Morgan, Skoll, Hati, nor even Thrawn (this show’s main crop of villains) hid that star map ball in that temple. I presume that thing is ancient and has been hidden away there for a long time.

My guess is that Morgan figured out where Ezra sent Thrawn via the purrgil (a space whale like the one briefly glimpsed by Skoll in the clouds and also by Grogu in the latest Mandalorian season), and then she figured out that her Nightsister predecessors happened to have a map to that location. (Hopefully this will be explained more as the series continues, but so far I’m not finding it quite as contrived as Luke’s map in TFA.)

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
The inquisitor’s blade is red, yes. But Skoll’s and Hati’s blades are orange.

Firstly, that was a Nightsisters temple. If you’ve seen the Clone Wars and/or played Jedi Fallen Order, you’ll know who they are. It appears Morgan is one of the few surviving Nightsisters.

Given that the Nightsisters use the Force as magic, I interpreted that scene as Ahsoka sensing the solution through the Force. It’s entirely possible that it was meant to be easily solvable by any reasonably powerful Force user.

Secondly, I am assuming that neither Morgan, Skoll, Hati, nor even Thrawn (this show’s main crop of villains) hid that star map ball in that temple. I presume that thing is ancient and has been hidden away there for a long time.

My guess is that Morgan figured out where Ezra sent Thrawn via the purrgil (a space whale like the one briefly glimpsed by Skoll in the clouds and also by Grogu in the latest Mandalorian season), and then she figured out that her Nightsister predecessors happened to have a map to that location. (Hopefully this will be explained more as the series continues, but so far I’m not finding it quite as contrived as Luke’s map in TFA.)

Erm I own Courtship of Princess Leia (1994) that's the book Nightsisters came from. They can be human or any race.

The witch in Ewoks Battle for Endor was re-connect as a Nightsister.

Wife talked their space thing a Stargate seems they've borrowed that idea from the old EU as well. Infinity gates.

Kwa

Technically I think Kamino is extra galactic.

Ancientvrace leaning towards Kwa or Rakata or at least inspired by them.

Zardnaar

Legend
OK.

It's like just outside the main galaxy. Thrawn is apparently in a different galaxy all together.

Yeah extra galactic travel is very rare even in the old EU.

Wife's Stargate observation looked decent or giant hyperspace ring like the ones from AotC is another option.

There's various rumors around I haven't paid much attention to but based on hints in New books and comics I haven't read Thrawn might be an anti hero and a new take on the old Unkown regions or extra galactic threat could be in development

pukunui

Legend
Wife's Stargate observation looked decent or giant hyperspace ring like the ones from AotC is another option.
Yeah, I reckon that's just a giant hyperdrive ring.

There's various rumors around I haven't paid much attention to but based on hints in New books and comics I haven't read Thrawn might be an anti hero and a new take on the old Unkown regions or extra galactic threat could be in development
Just as long as it isn't the yuuzhan vong ... ;)

I don't think it will be, though. I don't think they're suitable for prime time.

Zardnaar

Legend
Yeah, I reckon that's just a giant hyperdrive ring.

Just as long as it isn't the yuuzhan vong ... ;)

I don't think it will be, though. I don't think they're suitable for prime time.

Not Vong but similar idea I think. Hidden menace type thing. The idea is based off vong though

Did not like those NJO books the basic idea was fine.

Last edited:

Remove ads