Ahsoka - SPOILERS

Clint_L

Hero
Back in the 90s, when I had very long hair, I grew a beard and went as Jesus for Halloween - my spouse made me awesome robes, I toted a giant cross, bloody crown of thorns, the whole nine yards (my spouse went as Joan of Arc). I got many comments on how much I looked like the portrait of Jesus in peoples' church, etc. My ancestry is Swedish.

MarkB

Legend
Only thing puzzling for me would be saying you don't like the pacing in Ahsoka while loving Andor which I thought was even slower.

Slow rolling the Thrawn reveal was fine for me but I understand if it didn't work for someone else.
I'm not going to get into whether Andor was slower or not, but I think the reason Ahsoka's pacing doesn't feel good is that it's a show which very much set out its path right from the start.
  • Ezra and Thrawn are in a distant, unknown location.
  • Ahsoka wants to track them down to end the threat of Thrawn, Sabine wants to track them down to rescue Ezra, Morgan and co want to track them down and bring back Thrawn to reinvigorate the remnants of the Empire.
  • There is a MapGuffin that will point the way, so the race is on to claim and decipher it.
So, right from the start, the bits we knew about were the locating Ezra and Thrawn, the going to find them and the bringing them back. That was the baseline. What would be interesting, then, was what happened next, what would be the fallout of that foregone conclusion?

And in the end, while the journey was interesting in parts, what we ended up getting was purely the foregone conclusion and nothing further. The "what happens next" that we were waiting for so eagerly remains to maybe be seen in some future product whose likely release date or even production date remains a mystery.

Zardnaar

Legend
I'm not going to get into whether Andor was slower or not, but I think the reason Ahsoka's pacing doesn't feel good is that it's a show which very much set out its path right from the start.
  • Ezra and Thrawn are in a distant, unknown location.
  • Ahsoka wants to track them down to end the threat of Thrawn, Sabine wants to track them down to rescue Ezra, Morgan and co want to track them down and bring back Thrawn to reinvigorate the remnants of the Empire.
  • There is a MapGuffin that will point the way, so the race is on to claim and decipher it.
So, right from the start, the bits we knew about were the locating Ezra and Thrawn, the going to find them and the bringing them back. That was the baseline. What would be interesting, then, was what happened next, what would be the fallout of that foregone conclusion?

And in the end, while the journey was interesting in parts, what we ended up getting was purely the foregone conclusion and nothing further. The "what happens next" that we were waiting for so eagerly remains to maybe be seen in some future product whose likely release date or even production date remains a mystery.

It's a season 1 cliffhanger.

If they screw it up severely I'll be mentioning it;)

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
And co want to track them down and bring back Thrawn. Morgan wants to do whatever it we left him doing in the last episode. Getting Thrawn back is just a happy byproduct(if he even cares) for him.

Remove ads